PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The NEW waiting to exchange thread...

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Moriath wrote: »
    Got a offer and accepted on our house at the beginning of August. Offered and accepted on house to buy same day. Soliciters instructed same day. Survey done. Moving into a empty house. Ftbers buying ours. Why should it take so long there must be better ways to organise the housing market in the internet age.

Had mortgage offer. Just piddling about with questions that the conveyancers are bouncing to each other to justify their money i think.

Just sit and wait and answer questions as they are sent. Its amazing how powerless this process makes you.

What sort of questions do they even ask? Al the paperwork they sent us all seemed okay but they keep saying Our enquiries are being sent to them in due course - I am like What enquiries?
  • trix-a-belle
    Options
    What sort of questions do they even ask? Al the paperwork they sent us all seemed okay but they keep saying Our enquiries are being sent to them in due course - I am like What enquiries?

my solicitor is asking about things such as original planning permission details (wouldn't have to necessarily if they had included the documents as they had said they were going to in the docs, house is 6 years old), confirming shared access details, asking for other things they have left out which were meant to be attached, clarifying things that have come up in the searches & i've added some to mine to clarify the fixtures and fittings which dont match what was agreed/is actually in the kitchen in the rightmove pics and when i went to view.
    7 points raised 2 weeks ago, responses so far to 1.
    - Mortgage: 1st one down, 2nd also busted
    - Student Loan gone
    Swagbucks, Mingle, GiffGaff, Prolific, Qmee & Quidco; thank you MSE every little bit helps
  • nikongirl
    Options

I lodged enquiries about a few things on my property information form, most notably whether there's planning permission for the side extension (it's in a conservation area) and whether the boiler was checked within the timeframe required for the warranty.

And then there's the demolition order which showed up on the searches. I'd rather get that sorted out now than arrive 'home' to a pile of bricks one day! :rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gosh Nikongirl - That is an important one.

Well the documents sent to us included all approved planning permission and certificates for the extension, it isn't in a conservation area. The only concerns were it had been in a coal area (we are in Yorkshire) and radon gas was medium level that came back from the searches. There is no shared access, we have a driveway and all the fittings etc she is leaving were detailed as agreed on our 2nd viewing.

I hope these queries don't take forever- According to our online portal the solicitor hasn't sent enquiries yet! However so far quite happy with our online conveyancer and building society in this process. Hoping to have mortgage offer on paper today! So exciting. Is it too early to start packing?
  • eittolder
    Options
    Feel everyone's pain on the timescales, I think part of it is because so much of life now you control and have complete say over when and where you do things but with buying houses you don't have that - you're reliant on others at all stages.

About to move for the 4th time in 2 years and my advice would be if you've got somewhere to keep the packed boxes out of the way then never too early to start packing. I'm struggling at the moment as have a 1 bedroom house with no garage, so whilst I want to pack i really don't want to be dancing round boxes...all systems go once contracts exchanged which I'm hoping will be any day now.
  • Moriath
    Options

Things that i havent had done like a door i suposedly put in two weeks ago. Some special garden thing that i havent had anything done in my garden. Two feet of stud partition wall that got removed in a kitchen remodel and a shower room that replaced two cupboards. None of which require planning. But still asking weird questions about them.
  • HGW2012
    HGW2012 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Just hopping on over from the waiting for a decision board.

Time line from us so far;

31/7 DIP
    5/8 Offer accepted
    7/8 Solicitor appointed (currently on hold until mortgage app through)
    9/8 Broker appointment, all documents given and mortgage chosen through Halifax
    18/8 1 pay slip requested from Halifax
    21/8 Valuation and Home Buyers Survey booked for 31st
    31/8 Valuation and Survey went ahead
    5/9 Mortgage approved for full amount
    6/9 Solicitors told to go go go!
    6/9 Survey uploaded, very niggles will bring up with solicitor.

Our solicitor is no completion no fee, they told us a month ago they were starting the searches as soon as they had everything from us so fingers crossed they have already started!
    Going to call them tomorrow and see how far they have got.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Looks like our buyers are almost ready to exchange according to estate agents. I am on holiday at the moment but emailed our solicitor confirming he can go ahead and exchange. I need at least two weeks to clear it though as not back in UK until end next week. Fingers crossed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MrCH
    MrCH Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    We got offered our mortgage Wednesday so straight away called our solicitor to start the searches.

On average how long do they take?

Luckily we aren't in a rush but we'd be like to be in as soon as possible :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Our drainage search was ordered 19th August and is still not back so solicitor is chasing this up for us - Is it normally this long or should I expect there is a problem?

The solicitor said they will review searches and also send enquiries by next week - Why does it take so long? I am impatient and want to be in my new home. They won't tell me what their enquiries are so heavens only knows.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback