PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The I will MEAL PLAN and not change my mind thread.....

Options
I'm determined as one of my unwritten new year's resolutions for 2013 that I will be better with my food shops i.e I intend to meal plan/batch cook/plan a bit better etc. I also want to stop the bad habit of buying food I don't end up eating meaning I end up binning it or giving it away.

So I'm starting this thread to help keep track of my meal plans. Please feel free to join in. Hopefully come this time next year, I will have lots more money in the bank and a thread full of meal plans. :j

Comments

• winniepooh
    Options
    I''ll join you if that ok with you
    I'm trying so hard to be thrifty, but it doesn't come naturally. You lot are an inspiration!
    JUST LOVES THE O/S BOARD
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    winniepooh wrote: »
    I''ll join you if that ok with you

Yes everyone is welcome :j
  • sonastin
    sonastin Posts: 3,210 Forumite
    Options
    Its one of my new years resolutions too... but I'm not starting until after new year. Plans this week are way too fluid and I've no idea how long I can realistically stretch the leftovers out to so I'm going to start with a half-week plan on January 2nd. Might even start on the 1st if we're not doing anything exciting!
  • empy
    empy Posts: 325 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    May I also join too? I am determined to get this thing sorted this year. I've soooo many reasons for wanting to do it such as save money, lose weight etc and a meal plan is one of helping there :) I will start after New year as I'm not sure whats happening until then with various family things etc.
    OS Grocery Challenge
    August £250/ £103.44 left
  • parsnipnose
    Options
    I will join too
  • miffy257
    miffy257 Posts: 890 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Count me in too, have to get this one licked for the sake of the budget and to lose weight. Going to start after New Year as have leftovers at the moment
    £180.00 in 'sistercas'fund
    Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.
    Samuel Smiles
  • blue_eyes_2
    Options
    Yip I'm in this sounds right up my alley to go hand in hand with the grocery challenge. My budget is £200 for each month so Jan 1st till Jan 31st. I too resolve to cook from scratch more, use slow cooker at least once a week as its brilliant. Also have downloaded the takeaway secret and have tried a few recipes which were brilliant. So yes 1st of January is the shopping budget starting what day does everyone meal plan from? Sunday or Monday.
    GC = £150.58/£250
  • blue_eyes_2
    Options
    Also how do I edit my signature? Think I'm on the old grocery challenge hence the reason to join this thread
    GC = £150.58/£250
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'll join in too please :)
    In fact, i have already written mine, so i hope its ok if i share it?

Tonight-Chicken Pilaf
    Tomorrow-Classic Spaghetti with garlic bread
    Fri-HM pizza, salad and potatas bravas
    Sat-Spag bol
    Sun-Something on toast (easy night)
    Mon (NYE)-Paella, wine, and herb bread
    Tues-sausage pasta
    Wed-chicken fajitas
    Thur-Veg and Chorizo bake

There we go- i will NOT deviate from the plan!!
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    blue_eyes wrote: »
    Also how do I edit my signature? Think I'm on the old grocery challenge hence the reason to join this thread

at the top of this page, if you go to 'User CP' which is located on the green bar, click on it.
    On the page that comes up, there will be a list of things on the left hand side, click on 'Edit Signature' :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure