Water softener e501

Options

Comments

• adbhome
    Options
    Hi,

We are in desperate need of a Water Softener and have seen the EWT500 on special offer with installation and a water dispenser.

I don't know much about the company as hardly any impartial reviews to read, unless I have not found them?

We don't have a lot of space available under the sink so ideally we would like it fitted outside which looking on the website can be done, what about the frost though and will this incur additional costs?

The prices can be very expensive but this seams like a good unit with fitting included, we would really appreciate your thoughts please?

Many thanks
    Andy
  • adbhome
    Options
    HI,

I know this is a very old thread but do you still own the EWT500 Gold and how have you found it?

Did you have a fitted under the sink as we don't have a huge amount of storage space in the kitchen so was hoping to have it on the outside wall?

They include a water tap but as I understand it is not filtered but just connects to the mains water which bypasses the EWT500?

Many thanks
    Andy
    chodu666 wrote: »
    I recently had an "EWT Gold 500" installed for £499. Its a timer based system and also included an installed water filter in the price.
    I was offered a metered system for £620 but declined.

So far i am very happy but it is my first water softener so have nothing to compare to.

Installation was very efficient and took approx 3.5 hrs. The fitter seemed very experienced.

I had seen numerous promotional adverts for EWT in the metro newspaper and on groupon. I was very sceptical as i knew nothing of them. After learning that a friend of my sister and other members of his family had used them approximately a year ago, i finally decided to the plunge.

Anyway just in case there are any others out there interested, feel free to ask me any questions. They do also do a "refer a friend scheme" where i would get some £50 cashback and the buyer £50 off their order. PM me if interested.
  • 128hdays
    128hdays Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Adbhome,

I have my EWT system in a month or so now and really cannot fault it. There is no more limescale in the shower like they said and i have tested the water since with the free test kit they leave on the day installation and its still soft. Very happy with the system and they were a very friendly company to deal with
    adbhome wrote: »
    HI,

I know this is a very old thread but do you still own the EWT500 Gold and how have you found it?

Did you have a fitted under the sink as we don't have a huge amount of storage space in the kitchen so was hoping to have it on the outside wall?

They include a water tap but as I understand it is not filtered but just connects to the mains water which bypasses the EWT500?

Many thanks
    Andy
  • adbhome
    Options
    Hi 128hdays,

Thanks for the reply and we are having ours fitted next week which we can't wait for as the water is very hard where we live.

Is it easy to use as I won't be home when they fit but my wife will be there?

I am also a little worried that we will loose most of the storage under the sink unless it can be tucked away - not quite sure how accommodating and good the fitters are?

Thanks again

Andy
    128hdays wrote: »
    Hi Adbhome,

I have my EWT system in a month or so now and really cannot fault it. There is no more limescale in the shower like they said and i have tested the water since with the free test kit they leave on the day installation and its still soft. Very happy with the system and they were a very friendly company to deal with
  • 128hdays
    Options
    I was a bit worried about loosing the space under our sink aswell but to be honest, most of the cleaning bottles we had under there were to remove limescale and we dont need them anymore. All you need to do is top up the unit with salt every 6 weeks or so. Thats it really.
  • dsbp1962
    dsbp1962 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had my softener installed about 18 months ago - have needed several call-outs as it kept going wrong - you can purchase kits on the internet to check whether your water is being softened or not and the unit would work for a while and then stop working. I've had a problem for over 2 months now. Its almost impossible to get a call out arranged - you have to jump through hoops before you even get to speak to customer services - who will first insist you follow their online troubleshooting video (which assumes you have the IQ of a 2 year old), then book a telephone call from a senior engineer to talk through your problem (did this twice, still waiting for the callback!). Eventually booked a service call out which was cancelled by the engineer who did have the courtesy to contact me and let me know. To cut a very long story short.....two more call outs have been cancelled, allegedly, by the engineer - but this time he did not let either the company or me know!! Gosh, what a great company to work for, my bosses have never allowed me to change my work schedule without informing them or anyone it may affect!! And I can never have a morning appointment because that would inconvenience other customers - NEVERMIND HOW MUCH I HAVE BEEN INCONVENIENCED!!!! I've noticed that EWT are hot on responding to negative comments posted on the internet - maybe now I'll get somewhere with them!
  • 128hdays
    Options
    dsbp1962 wrote: »
    Had my softener installed about 18 months ago - have needed several call-outs as it kept going wrong

Have they come back to you since DSbp1962 to fix the problems you were having with your system?
  • lapsap_c
    lapsap_c Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys,

Is there still £50, refer a friend for both existing and new customer? I would like to get a water softener, anyone would like to refer me please :)

Thanks
  • chodu666
    chodu666 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    lapsap_c wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Is there still £50, refer a friend for both existing and new customer? I would like to get a water softener, anyone would like to refer me please :)

Thanks

If you want to pm me your name and phone number I can refer you.
  • lapsap_c
    lapsap_c Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Chodu666 :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business