ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Options

Comments

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    A pleasing end to the day - another £11 of sales in the past hour. I've listed a couple more bits of clothing, my next job is to research if Disney dvds sell well. Also have a couple of very popular toy items that may sell, so I'll take a look at what they are going for.

We also have an old broken iPad - must see if that can be sold online. A very MFW day :j
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Another £15 of buy it now sales this evening :j

That's almost £85 over the past couple of days, and to say I didn't think we had much worth selling! I think people have been cheering themselves up today on so called 'Blue Monday' by buying on eBay :rotfl:

Time for some reading of my library book before much needed shut eye. I need a rest after all this frantic ebay action!

ATB x

Ps all money shuffled for PayPal into Offset pot already - it's looking good :T
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning :)

Plans for today = volunteering, trip to the Post Office, and listing 3 more ebay items. Been up since 5.15 with DS - cheers son! So a lot of the household chores are already done.

Need to make a spag bol for tea - the mince is defrosted in readiness, so I should have time to get that cooking before the school run. Still eating from the stores and today will be a NSD :):)
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Volunteering has been cancelled due to the weather. I know it's January, but the flat grey skies seem never-ending.

Galvanising myself with yet another cuppa, then I must get ebay listing. DS is shattered already - hardly surprising! - so is curled up watching a film.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You're on an Ebay mission ATB! And doing really well, too. I love the 'kerching' sound too - but they gave up on the ebay app for Windows phone, so I don't get to hear it anymore :(

Amazing progress you're making this week!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• atypicalblonde
    Options
    Thanks for popping in madvix :)

:) Another £28 in sales today :T. I honestly truly didn't think we had anything worth ebaying. It just goes to show that taking another look around, re-assessing things with fresh eyes and listing things with a reasonable buy it now price can be worth the effort.

:) The £28 has been shuffled to the pot, I would like to earn and/or save from the household budget another £400 this week to keep us on track.

:) I have submitted the piece of consultancy work I was asked to do, and have been approached about doing another piece which is great news.

Fawlty Towers on tv now :rotfl::Tx
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Morning :)

I have to spend some money today on bits and pieces from the local shop but will keep spends as low as possible. Also sending DD in to school with some money for the sponsored Phonics exercise that we did last night, bless her :A

If I get chance, I want to list 2 more bits on ebay later. Currently only two items are still listed, everything else has sold :j

Aiming to keep the momentum and focus up this week to reach the target I have set myself in my mind. It would appear that I am adopting more and more and "go hard at it" approach to the mortgage - if we can maintain current levels of OPs, it would be gone in 4 years which is an extraordinary thought x
  • Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,930 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fab ebay sales. Well done you!
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • hiddenshadow
    Options
    Aiming to keep the momentum and focus up this week to reach the target I have set myself in my mind. It would appear that I am adopting more and more and "go hard at it" approach to the mortgage - if we can maintain current levels of OPs, it would be gone in 4 years which is an extraordinary thought x

It's amazing what you can achieve when you rethink things a bit and really "go hard". We're still debating what we want to do with our house (depends in large part on how we feel after we move), but our current OPs would have the house paid off at the end of 2020, right on schedule with our mortgage fix ending.
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Wow! Mortgage free in four years would be fantastic! I wish you all the luck in the world and hope you do it! x
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback