Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi Jasonwatkins,

If you could send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and include the email address you use for TopCashback or username, the date of the transaction and the item purchased, I would be happy to take a look into this for you and see what I can find out!

Thanks,
    Samantha

Thanks. Just done that.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 12 April 2017 at 4:40PM
    Options
    What on earth is going on with TCB Car Insurance quotes.

Got quotes for my OH.

Clicked to buy policy, have to buy by phone, leave details, no one rings so ring the insurance co.

They say they cannot do it as they deal with imports only. So why quote then!!!

So decide to go for the next one. Same thing ring to buy policy. Ring them, give them the quote ref. they pass on to someone else who says they will have to ring back.

Why are these quotes coming through when you cannot actually buy the policies???????

Well they did ring back and took out the policy, she had no idea about quotezone so hoping this tracks correctly.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 12 April 2017 at 3:13PM
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72228341#post72228341

By way of a forum discussion update -

I have now escalated complaint as per CISAS communication

Thank you for your email.

I do apologise but unfortunately, Origin Broadband have recently subscribed to the Ombudsman Services: Communications.

At the time you was advised 8 weeks they were still a subscriber.

I would advise you to take your escalated complaint to the ombudsman, again sorry for any confusion caused.

Kind regards

TCB - Stated to be going through correct procedure status -

13 Feb 2017 Origin Broadband 04 Oct 2016 £172.49 £35.00Waiting for Merchant
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@jasonwatkins, thanks for the email, I have now been able to get back to you :)

@POPPYOSCAR, I am sorry to hear of the hassle you have had but I am glad that you were able to complete your purchase in the end. You should see your transaction track through for you in the next 60 days (it takes this long to allow for any modifications to take place with the policy) but should this not be the case, please don't hesitate to get in touch on a support ticket where one of the team will be able to advise on how to proceed.

I hope you all enjoy the long weekend!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • thor
    thor Posts: 5,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We want our members who are eligible for cashback to be awarded the highest possible and we will help those not eligible to reduce the chance of a similar thing happening again. We feel helping members reduce it from happening it better than just awarding members cashback we won't be paid.

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    OK so how would I have reduced my chances of being paid the incorrect amount? I paid for the item, received the item and got only about 10% of the promised cashback amount. After nearly two years of communicating with topcashback customer services, I was told that Argos informed them that I returned the item. If that was true then it does not explain the fact they still paid a small out a small sum.
    I did everything by the book and still got shafted.
    I see that some people have taken the direct route and gone straight to the merchant and I am thinking about doing the same since topcashback are incapable of dealing with this on behalf but I do not know where to start. Does anyone have suggestions about where at Argos would be the best to send an email to about this?
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,093 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 14 April 2017 at 9:51AM
    Options
    thor wrote: »
    Does anyone have suggestions about where at Argos would be the best to send an email to about this?

I previously sent Argos Affiliate a tweet with a link to specific posts

https://twitter.com/ArgosAffiliates

I have since noticed -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?272-Argos -

If it was me I would start a thread and see what Argos helpers say

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?428967-Problems-with-Topcashback-declined-cashback-for-5-times

Has anyone else noticed it is only the cashback sites who dont want the customer/consumers contacting the companies/merchants direct.

The reason for that is very very simple ----Cashback Sites get volume enhanced bonuses - the more business/sales they can drive ( hence the high number of merchant emails TCB send out) higher the bonuses and thus higher in this case TCB profits.

If people contact merchants direct their is a risk companies/merchants will withdraw from cashback sites which would affect cashback sites profits.

Each individual customer/consumer only interest should be receiving advertised/promoted cashback paid in full, in the event that the cashback site is unable to secure it then ..............
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a transaction with Aviva from 14 February which is marked as 'pending'. It is also marked as 'faster paying'. Estimated to be paid in 21 weeks. 'Faster paying'?
    digital
  • B_M
    B_M Posts: 714 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    digital wrote: »
    I have a transaction with Aviva from 14 February which is marked as 'pending'. It is also marked as 'faster paying'. Estimated to be paid in 21 weeks. 'Faster paying'?

'Faster paying' normally means paying faster once confirmed.
    I have an Aviva purchase showing still at pending from January. A bit of an issue as TCB are thinking it's a non-tracker. I have advised them it did track and payment is due early May.
    I have even been told not to contact the merchant. :rotfl:
    This is something I do virtually every time with a TCB financial product purchase.

Hi there,
    Thank you for your message.

The reason why we advise members against contacting merchants directly, as mentioned below, is because not all customer service teams of the merchants are fully aware of how aspects, such as cashback, work. This has sometimes led to incorrect information being provided by the customer service teams which has ended up causing confusion for ourselves, our members and the merchant themselves.

I appreciate that this approach may have worked in the past, but it may be that you have been lucky in contacting merchants customer service teams who are aware of how cashback works. But as we find not all merchants are, and they do ask that all communication regarding cashback be completed through ourselves.

Kind regards
    Sam

This was the reply I received after telling TCB I would be going to Aviva if not paid.
    It works every time and yet I've been told I may have been lucky! :D
    No luck whatsoever, complaints do have to be investigated and either upheld or dismissed.

Can someone at TCB please 'educate' 'Sam'?
    No payments from financial products from cash back sites? Put in a complaint direct and if they don't resolve your issue, head straight to the financial ombudsman - it costs the company £550 in referral fees, win or lose.
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I hope that you all enjoyed the long weekend!

@thor - Sometimes when contacting the merchant directly, the department that you speak with may not always be aware of what cashback is and how this works so you may not always get a helpful response in relation to your query. Have you been in touch with Matt via email regarding your transaction at all? If you would like me to have a look into this claim further for you then please send me an email to mse@topcashback.co.uk and I would be happy to see if there is anything more that can be done here to assist.

@bristolleedsfan - The only reason that we ask members not to contact the merchant directly is because due to working via an affiliate network, the department, usually customer services, which you speak to are not always made aware of these types of offers and therefore, may not be able to provide accurate resolutions in relation to what is being queried.

@digital - faster paying means that once confirmed, your transaction should then move to payable for you within 14 days, please be aware though that some merchants do have set validation periods so we do need to allow these to pass before the transaction is then confirmed by them and can go on to be paid. If you hover over the little information icon next to the faster paying logo this will provide you with some further information.

I hope that this helps everyone and enjoy the rest of your day!

Best wishes,
    Samantha
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • digital
    digital Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    'Faster paying' to me means that I will be paid faster with that merchant than I would be with the majority. It does not mean 'faster once we have made you wait 21 weeks'.

I do have to say that TCB are fast losing the plot when it comes to clarity. And that includes showing 'best rated' rather than 'latest' as the default in review listings.
    digital
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure