Balancing not just the budget

Options

Comments

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello Rosa,

I haven't managed to catch up too much on diaries, but enough to be able to wish you success in your interview.

Lots of little niggles going on with useless companies for you too! It's always us, the buyer, that has to deal with all the hassle. If it were the other way around you'd get a debt collection letter through the door!

Take care and sending you lucky vibes.

MTxx

Thanks MT - much appreciated. It's a bit odd, I think I'm better prepared for this than almost any external interview before and still the nerves are setting in!

Re bills, actually it appears NP0w3r really just haven't got round to billing me for £300. Which if I believed they'd forget about it entirely would be good, but I don't, so I'm glad I have chased it and avoided any potential nasty surprises or issues with my credit record. I'm very impressed with Bulb who have done the chasing for me and immediately apologised for missing the referral bonus off my account.

Hope you will get a minute to catch up and also tell us what you're up to soon

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Quick Sunday shuffle... all looking OK. Still waiting on amounts to be paid for NP0w3r bill and tax, but money is put aside and waiting. Spending is pretty much on track and payday seems to have crept up on me. As I'm cheating YNAB by having already entered and budgeted my paycheque, so that I can work out money for through March, my Age of Money won't be accurate but I'll try and remember to report that on payday.

I thought interview went OK at the time, but of course have now thought of all the things I said that might have been silly... however, it's over now so onto the next thing :) I will hopefully have some time this weekend to think about my next set of goals.

So still plodding upwards :)

Rosa xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Glad that you are plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Rosa,

I think we all do that with time, in looking back and feeling we did something wrong, but the initial thoughts are generally the right ones, as you have body language and other "in person" things to go on. I'd be surprised if you did come across as silly. You'd have seen in their faces they were taken back a bit if they'd thought that too.

Do you know when you can expect to hear from them?

MTx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Hello Rosa,

I think we all do that with time, in looking back and feeling we did something wrong, but the initial thoughts are generally the right ones, as you have body language and other "in person" things to go on. I'd be surprised if you did come across as silly. You'd have seen in their faces they were taken back a bit if they'd thought that too.

Do you know when you can expect to hear from them?

MTx

Thanks MT

I think I should know in about another week and a half.

You're right about the body language thing, and I think that was very positive in some areas - just hope it was also a pass in others. However, I'm feeling oddly determined now it's over, whatever happens - I think it is time for some changes. Even though I'm not sure what they will be yet :rotfl:

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Payday has been and as pretty much everything is on direct debit these days - no need to worry about forgetting something and going over my overdraft any more *moment of deep gratitude* - the only shuffling that needs to be done is for the credit cards.

Paid off the statement balance from the old one and will zero it completely next month. Set up payment to clear statement balance from the new one what is earning me vouchers :j... this is working quite nicely as I now use the current account for anything contactless (because this earns me cash rewards every month) and the new CC for anything that is over the £30 contactless limit (also good, because it earns me points and means money stays in my account longer).

Feeling a bit reflective on the whole thing... I stopped in Wa1tro5e on the way home, and as I made my way around picking up YS meat to freeze, using my loyalty vouchers and paying with the CC to earn points, I got a message from a friend of mine saying could I call later than arranged because their takeaway was due to arrive. This is the same friend who is three months behind on the mortgage, works from home half the time, and whose partner is not working and at home all week. And they can both cook. Just clearly not as bothered about the mortgage thing as I am :rotfl:

Rosa xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    If I was three months behind on my mortgage I would be crying,not having a takaway :eek:
    We are all different I suppose.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options

I got a message from a friend of mine saying could I call later than arranged because their takeaway was due to arrive. This is the same friend who is three months behind on the mortgage, works from home half the time, and whose partner is not working and at home all week. And they can both cook. Just clearly not as bothered about the mortgage thing as I am :rotfl:

Rosa xx

Wow! If I was behind like that I wouldn't be able to eat due to the worry, nevermind takeaway.

I must say though that wfh isn't all it's cracked up to be for anyone who doesn't. I wfh full time and rarely get to eat my lunch away from my desk, am checking email if i need to pop out for anything at lunchtime and usually online well into the night too. The only time I truly get a break is if I go for a run, make a cuppa or throw a pile of washing in. On the odd occasion I might have time to throw a quick chilli together, and usually start dinner (again something that can be launched in the oven and doesn't need minding) for OH coming in but I don't have time to be cooking in the day. No excuse for your friend OH though if he doesn't cook at all.

Sorry....*puts soap box away and slinks off stage left* x
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    Well this is the thing... I would be terrified too, and they have kids - not at home at present, but still might need a roof over their head at some point, which would worry me more. And it wasn't said as in 'we're behind but it's OK because I have a plan', it was just mentioned in passing. I realise wfh doesn't allow time to do full on cooking, but it does at least mean I can put the washing in or fling something in the oven on the days I am here.

I haven't said anything, either about that or when watching said friend cheerfully fling things in the basket round the supermarket - and friend is well aware of my past, so there's no need to be changing things in front of me. Or when watching them use antibacterial wipes for cleaning things that could equally well be done with a cotton cloth, that doesn't come in plastic, goes straight in the washbasket to be reused and doesn't take ages to biodegrade. Trying to stay off my soapbox! But I guess I am now truly :money: 'd through and through *stands straighter, thumps fist to heart* :rotfl:- and actually, I'm very grateful for it. I know that I can manage if my situation changes, and I can do more to make sure nasty surprises are avoided. Going to carry on sticking around here though - so I can do as DIA said earlier - it doesn't matter about money from elsewhere if I have the means to say yes to myself :)

Rosa xx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Wow! If I was behind like that I wouldn't be able to eat due to the worry, nevermind takeaway.

I must say though that wfh isn't all it's cracked up to be for anyone who doesn't. I wfh full time and rarely get to eat my lunch away from my desk, am checking email if i need to pop out for anything at lunchtime and usually online well into the night too. The only time I truly get a break is if I go for a run, make a cuppa or throw a pile of washing in. On the odd occasion I might have time to throw a quick chilli together, and usually start dinner (again something that can be launched in the oven and doesn't need minding) for OH coming in but I don't have time to be cooking in the day. No excuse for your friend OH though if he doesn't cook at all.

Sorry....*puts soap box away and slinks off stage left* x

No need for apologies Kerri, I am only just managing to stay off my own soapbox!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport