PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

December 2015 Grocery Challenge HO HO HO!!!!

Options

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    it's that time ladies and jellyspoons!!!!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hi Zippy - and all who follow. :D
    I'm popping over from my usual spot in DFW land because I need to take a bit of control of my grocery shopping habits. I was lucky enough to become debt free this month, but am still spending way more than I need to. I'm worried that with Christmas coming up I'll just go mad and start buying loads of food now that I have a 'bit more money'. I think that being on here will make me more accountable - I'm terrible for 'popping into a shop on the way home from work', and worse when I'm tired which I am, all of the time.
    I would like to pledge £300 for December, which includes all groceries for 2 adults, 2 kids and 6 cats. :D That seems like loads but in reality is about what I am spending at the moment. It's the one area of my budget I get a bit slack with.
    I'm off now to have a good look through the Christmas index and recipes.:beer:
  • Crowdpleaser
    Options
    I'm still on November for another week but could I pop down for 350 for December please. I am going to come 8n below target for Nov but Dec is always a bit more pricey as I like to buy some treats and fill the freezer up to make Jan a bit leaner! Thanks hun xx
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    ooooooooooooh Christmas time groceries ............I love them,i ponder all year on what im getting been busy with online opinions got 30 quid for marks and sparks and introduced a friend to sky so have a hundred there also clubcard ponts so this year im sitting out December challenge will save my weekly grocery money for clothes in January sales.emptying cupboards and freezers out from now to mid December so minimual spends needed hoping on dairy and f and v only good luck all and I will read all your posts in hope of ideas on what to get xxx
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • Ladyluck1
    Options
    £100 please for December!

Christmas dinner at my parents this year and there's a 20% off week at hubby's work in December too so hoping to stock up on things then :)
    I'm C, Mummy to DS 29/11/2010 and DD 02/11/2013

Overdraft PAID OFF
    CC PAID OFF
    GC Sept £141.17/200
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hiya all

Thank you Zippy and Coxy for running this thread :D

Gosh - it seems to have come round fast this year!!

Please put me down for £240 again for December

I'm in November to the bitter end but I'll be popping in to have a look
    Bye for now and good luck with the challenge everyone
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Please put me down for £250 spend for December.

Been AWOL since April but I need to get control of my grocery spending again and what better way than to try in December which is my most expensive month.
  • Frugalwannabe
    Options
    Thanks for putting me down again. I have no idea where I've come in from November due to holiday and now an operation but I'm sure I've not overspent.

My month will run from Dec 1st and is for 2 adults and 3 children 6 and under at home all day.

£400

Hope you're all well and thanks for keeping the threads going :-)
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • chocolatelover93
    Options
    Hello everyone :D
    I WILL make sure that I stay on track this month :D
    Please put me down for £250
    xx
    Read my diaryHere :)
  • mrs_motivated
    mrs_motivated Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 25 November 2015 at 2:42PM
    Options
    Thanks for the new thread Zippychick.

MMMmmm this is a tough one and it does include Christmas, Ive got one DD coming home for 2 weeks and my eldest DD for 5 days ...plus other christmas 'do's' and visitors ie normally 10-15 round for boxing day buffet , 8 for Chrimbo lunch this year.

So realistically I am going to aim for £500 (to include food, alcohol, cleaning products etc.).
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills