Add your feedback on energy supplier Extra Energy

Options

Comments

• bettyboo71
    bettyboo71 Posts: 280 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    It is a fairly standard practice. Before moving into a new house, one contacts suppliers of gas, electricity, phone/broadband, and maybe water in England (?). It is how to ensure that there is an active supply in the property when you move in. You can't take over a supply before you move in, but you are initiating the process.
    For the final time, this clearly has nothing to do with the process when we moved here 17 months ago.
  • bettyboo71
    Options
    With regards to your heavily edited post, the finnal bill was addressed to the occupier.

I had a supplier at my previous address, and moved my account with that supplier to my new address. So I did have a supplier.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    bettyboo71 wrote: »
    It is a fairly standard practice. Before moving into a new house, one contacts suppliers of gas, electricity, phone/broadband, and maybe water in England (?). It is how to ensure that there is an active supply in the property when you move in. You can't take over a supply before you move in, but you are initiating the process.
    For the final time, this clearly has nothing to do with the process when we moved here 17 months ago.

You might wish to Google 'Deemed Contracts'. There are no deemed contracts for broadband or for the telephone, and water is supplied only by one supplier. If you arrange an energy transfer before you move in and it is actioned, then when the losing supplier finds out it has the right to invoke The Erroneous Transfer Code which can result in a large and unexpected bill.

Deemed Contracts for domestic energy supply have been in place since 1989, and exist to ensure that there is no loss of energy supply when a property changes hands. I would hope that this important section of all Energy Supply Licences is covered in CS training.

Setting up a new energy contract before moving in is at the root of many of the issues raised on this forum.
  • bettyboo71
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »

Setting up a new energy contract before moving in is at the root of many of the issues raised on this forum.

Given all of the information which I have provided regarding my current situation, what is it that makes you think this relates to the transfer of our account 17 months ago?
  • LyndaS
    LyndaS Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    bettyboo71 wrote: »
    Having previously worked as a customer service adviser for one of the big six,

Shocking! :eek:
    (if true ;))
  • SheepLady_2
    SheepLady_2 Posts: 35 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 March 2017 at 5:05PM
    Options
    I've today (15/3/17) received my statement for 1/1/17 to 1/2/17. On my homepage, I am said to be be getting a standing charge of 57.54p including VAT per day but the statement is charging me 68.499p excluding VAT!
    I have received no notification of the increase. I understand I should get 49 days notice of any increase. In that case, should I take this statement as notification of this increase?
    What can I do please?
    Thanks

I need to add.... that moneysavingexpert's Energy Club also shows 57.54p at the moment and also states this amount includes VAT. Having looked again at my invoices - they have added VAT onto this amount!!!
  • bondy01
    bondy01 Posts: 400 Forumite
    edited 15 March 2017 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Sheeplady - I have also received an email from them today about a statement but the website is down so I can't check at the moment if they have done the same with me. Are your unit prices what you think they are?
    I let mine mine roll over onto V1 to reduce my £250 credit at the new year as they reduced my dd to a small amount and the extra sc negated signing up to another year with the exit charges for a couple of months. Looking like I'm going back to EDF very soon as I calculate my credit to be less than £40 at the moment. There is no way I would leave this company with them owing me a 3 figure sum.

edit: website up now and they haven't done the same with me on the sc's. It is a 3 monthly bill up to early feb with some estimated meter readings. I will have to pour over it with a fine toothcomb but it is a matter of days before I switch. The dd has been upped to a more sensible level I see.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My daughter has just received a bill. Last bill 4 Jan, this bill received today for January use. It notifies her of her new DD amount ........ the same as they increased it to on the last bill. All figures correct though.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Finally received my final bill from when we moved supplier in May 2016. All I can say is 'couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery'
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• I-LOV-MONEY
    I-LOV-MONEY Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Depends if there are anymore comments ;)
    Thank you for reading this message.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport