Tesco Clubcard/Vouchers/Points/Deals - Post All Questions Here [merged]

Options

Comments

• oddies
    oddies Posts: 10,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    please can i ask a question, if i have not got enough in clubcard deals in vouchers for a holiday can i pay for the rest in cash? :beer:
    2016 Jan Wins: 9ct white Gold Diamond Necklace £530.00, Doro Easy phone. April: Hotel Chocolat Easter Egg. May: £1,000 spend @ laredoute. June: Alton towers family Ticket & In the Night Garden Toy.
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    oddies wrote: »
    please can i ask a question, if i have not got enough in clubcard deals in vouchers for a holiday can i pay for the rest in cash? :beer:
    you can, but it usually makes it an expensive holiday that way, as you have to pay full brochure price if using clubcard tokens, and you can usually find the holiday cheaper elsewhere for a cash only price

so unless you are nigh on whats needed for the holiday in clubcard tokens, then it doesnt make financial sense to use them

F
  • skintmumof3
    skintmumof3 Posts: 803 Forumite
    Options
    i have been given some clubcard cinema tokens that the original clubcard holders are unable to use.
    can i use them even though i dont own the actual clubcard. would i need to show the original clubcard at the cinema?
    thanks
    skint
    x
  • flea72
    flea72 Posts: 5,392 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    i have been given some clubcard cinema tokens that the original clubcard holders are unable to use.
    can i use them even though i dont own the actual clubcard. would i need to show the original clubcard at the cinema?
    thanks
    skint
    x

no, they dont ask to see your clubcard

F
  • DaisyFlower
    DaisyFlower Posts: 2,677 Forumite
    Options
    Is anybody else now having problems with their clubcard and the new Tesco site - my card is collecting the points from ordering online but is not updating my favourites with items bought in store anymore since the new site appeared.
  • zygurat789
    zygurat789 Posts: 4,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I now have a Tesco credit card which gives you more points than a clubcard.
    When I get to the checkout i can still hand over my clubcard but:-
    Do I get points on the clubcard and the credit card (ie twice)?

Do I only get points on the clubcard?

Do I get the correct points on both together?

Anybody know?
    The only thing that is constant is change.
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    zygurat789 wrote: »
    I now have a Tesco credit card which gives you more points than a clubcard.
    When I get to the checkout i can still hand over my clubcard but:-
    Do I get points on the clubcard and the credit card (ie twice)?
    Do I only get points on the clubcard?
    Do I get the correct points on both together?
    Anybody know?

If you hand over both, you'll get your standard clubcard points on your clubcard, and your finance points on your credit card. If you use your credit card only in Tesco, you get both types of points on your credit card. Please note - the 'finance' points are based on each transaction, not what was spent in the period.
    The newer credit cards, have a clubcard no on the card, this is an extra level of security for the credit card, when using it for clubcard purposes.
    Some people have their clubcard no linked together with their credit card, others do not - up to you.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    chrisypea wrote: »
    Hey all,

I just recently purchased some airmiles using my clubcard vouchers (24th June) and I am aware that Tesco state that it may take up to 28 days for these to be credited to my account. I was wondering if anybody had expierience of whether it does take this amount of time or they are credited sooner (I am still waiting)?

Many thanks.
    I don't think mine took the full 28 days to be credited, but maybe it varies during busier times of the year.
    I don't know how they track the Airmiles account, like you I presume by name & address.

Quick update...

I exchanged some clubcard vouchers for Airmiles online on Monday (26th), got an email yesterday (27th) to say they'd been despatched and got an email from Airmiles this morning (28th) to say the Airmiles have been credited to my account!
    Excellent service!
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • PhylPho
    PhylPho Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Earlier this year, we priced up a Stena Line return trip Harwich-Hook of Holland in Clubcard vouchers and exchanged 'em online for the correct number of Clubcard rewards tokens. On receipt of the tokens, we rang the Tesco -- Stena Line number and went through the booking details.

It seemed we'd miscalculated. The amount required by Stena Line was £20 less than we'd thought. We confirmed our booking requirements during that phone conversation. We even reconfirmed every last line, dot and comma in a covering letter we sent off with the booking form and appropriate number of tokens.

The Stena Line ticket duly arrived. However, as we were about to drive onto the ferry, the Stena Line lady at Harwich said the booking was wrong.

Although I'd expressly booked for two people, including overnight cabin both ways, two dinners both ways, and two breakfasts one way, the booking had been made for one person only.

So. . . In order to allow my wife to actually travel on the damn ferry and sleep in the cabin and eat the food already paid for, we had to fork out £20-odd in cash to get her ticket.

I've now belatedly discovered that the unused rewards tokens -- 2 x £10 -- are still here. And the expiry date is 31/07/2010.

I've been onto the Tesco Clubcard rewards site to see what's available and found a couple of offers requiring £5 in Clubcard vouchers -- the exact equivalent of the two unused £10 Clubcard tokens I have.

But, but. . . I've also discovered that there's no point in me popping 'em in the post today to the supplier because, er, Tesco won't let me.

Reason? Well: although the pdf that accompanies the Stena Line offer -- and for all I know, many another -- has words to the effect:
    'If you don't wish to use these Clubcard tokens for Stena Line, then you can use them for any other Deal'

this facility is then conditioned by:
    'apart from Deals marked Buy In Full.'

Eh?

A Clubcard customer, possessor of two unused £10 rewards tokens, wishing to use them to buy in full a £5 Deal . .

. . . is not allowed to buy in full. . .

. . . if the Deal is marked "Buy In Full".

So. Looks like I'll just have to chuck these unused £10 rewards tokens in the bin.

But I'd be interested to hear if anyone can explain why Tesco is telling Clubcard customers that if a Clubcard deal is "Buy In Full" then, er, no. . . they can't use their spare rewards tokens to Buy in Full.

Having to lose £20 in tokens, £5 in vouchers and the benefit of a £500 actual shopping spend (at 1p per £) ain't exactly a recipe for great customer relations.

:(
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You do not need to lose them. Send them back to Tesco and they will credit the points back onto your clubcard account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure