PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2010 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• 83rachel
    83rachel Posts: 244 Forumite
    Options
    scotdebs wrote: »
    oh dear only 8am and have already spent today (NSD yesteray though) - milk and weetabix from local shop £3.57.............away to update sig

me too, 8.55 and i am 34 quid lighter already.

veg box was delivered this morning I had to pay for last weeks aswell because he didnt nock, aparently it was 6am when he came last week thats why.

£34.00 to add onto my spends. I will update my siggy now.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £1 spent on 4 pints of 1% milk at Mr S yesterday. I only need to get fruit, value pickle, jacket pots and dog chews this weekend for next week but I struggle not to add extra bits into the trolley especially when DH is with me.

I am getting back into the swing of using the breadmaker and have discovered that using old bread bags to keep the loaf in really makes it last longer.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Fi27
    Fi27 Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    So far i've spent £123.92, have done 2 shops and have another 2 to do but spent more than half the budget! Freezer is pretty well stocked up but i have been buying some reduced bits and pieces when i see them so thats bumped up the spend a little.

I am quite fancing the M&S mothers day meal deal this weekend but dont know if i can justify it really as already have a lamb joint and a whole chicken in the freezer i could cook but i like the sound of the salmon joint. Hmmmmmmmmmm i'll need to have a think about it.

I did have a takeaway urge twice this week and am v proud to say i managed to resist both times :D and reluctantly stuck to my meal plan.
    May GC Budget £200 spent
    Apr GC Budget £225 spent £258.32 Mar GC Budget £200 Spent £206.31
    Feb GC Budget £175 spent £210.23 Jan GC Budget £200 Spent £178.91
    For 2 adults :heartsmil
  • Kornishkat
    Options
    Hi folks, I hope everyone's having a good day :) I've not done too bad on making the food stretch this week. Made a great big batch of tomato/veg sauce and used third of it it with hm meatballs value spaghetti & on Tues & froze a third. Then last night with the last third added chilli powder, kidney beans, sweetcorn & mince & served it with value rice & hm tortillas. There was enough of that left over for me to freeze a portion for future use.

Lou - sorry don't know a good gluten free recipe. I was going to google one but presumed you'd already thought of that and wanted a recipe someone had actually used and could recommend so no point. Best of luck finding one. Good idea baking a cake, I think I might make my mom a lemon drizzle cake.
    Back on the money saving wagon again!
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Have just got back from my Sainsbury's shop and have updated signature. DH didn't drink the milk last night after all, so didn't have to do an emergency shop before breakfast!

I have spent 76% of my budget so far - £64 left for two more shops on 18th and 25th. This should be possible and I will be really chuffed if I do it as it is the same budget as last month but for a 5 week month. It's easier being Lent so I am not tempted to buy alcohol or chocolate!

I did buy some chocolate (Sainsbury's TTD milk chocolate on special offer at 75p for 100g)- but this is to make cakes for my charity cake stall and I won't be eating it so I am not counting it in the GC.

BTW, I want to use up some cornflakes and make chocolate crunchie cakes but I haven't got a recipe and it's so long since I last made them I have forgotton how. Does any one have a recipe please - it's just for quantities really. I have a feeling I need to add golden syrup as well as the melted chocolate or they wont stick properly. Is that right?

Off to wizz round the house now before work. Luckily I have taken a cannelloni made last week out of the freezer for lunch.

Have a good day all!

Moniker
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    hi all, im waiting for my t**co delivery so will update my sig when it arrives. im a bit peeved as i ordered a garlic basted chicken but went into sains today and there selling them half price at £1.92. :mad:
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    shopping has come but no list :mad: so i cant update my sig till i know how much has been taken out of my account.
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
  • Bluefire
    Bluefire Posts: 476 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    A spend of £8.94 in Morrisons today for me. Quite pleased, that was two bags of shopping including sausages that I intended to buy anyway that I found in the whoopsie section, combined with some money off coupons & the discovery that their value spaghetti in a can is actually less calories that their 'eat smart' version. Amazing!

The only thing I bought that wasn't on my shopping list were some mini Aunt Bessies yorkshire pudding that caught my eye - I'm doing Slimming World so hoping these will be less syns with my Sunday lunch!
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]08/13 £28,896.49[/STRIKE] 01/18 £0
  • Welsh_Poppy
    Welsh_Poppy Posts: 979 Forumite
    Options
    Well I am back been on holiday but have spent this afternoon working on what we spend on what etc.
    I am really please as we have 82.65 left and we are packed to rafters with food and 2 freezers full we are on diets so lots of extras etc.
    We tried farm foods and if you are veggie great prices on quorn and linda macartney stuff.Good price on milk as well.
    Also been to Mr S and got a few things on offer and Mr M so really pleased and made a lemon merange pie first time ever it was perfect and cost about 3.00 to make if that and 12 servings(small ones) whilst on hols it was 4.50 per slice in cafe!! also in price with left overs made 4 egg custard tarts in ramkin dishes.:j
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • ikkleosu
    ikkleosu Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    £39.64 this week, again for a delivery from Mr T's. Life's been rather meh round here recently, so I gave in and most of the money was on treats like biscuits and crisps etc. Sometimes you just need it.

The freezer is getting low on meats however, so next week will probably be more expensive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure