Travel Insurance Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tashap wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long after you have an illness you can stop declaring. I had Breast Cancer in 1998 and no longer have check ups, any offers of advice?

Thanks

Some insurers say it must be declared if you still take drugs . I take drugs for epilepsy but the questions do not allow me to say that I have not had seizures for 30 years since surgery
  • Loobeylou
    Options
    Looking for annual holiday insurance for under 65 couple.

Two European trips in 2013
    One package holiday to Lanzarote
    One trip to mainland Spain that has had flight, accommodation and car hire separately booked
    No pre-existing conditions

Can anyone point me in the right direction for reasonable cover please?
  • GoGas
    GoGas Posts: 73 Forumite
    Options
    For many years have used Direct Travel worldwide annual policies and been happy. Usually our trips have been cycling , road cycling (no racing) with organised groups (Exodus, KE etc..) and these have been covered even in places such as India. Direct Travel has now excluded cycling where it is "main mode of transport". Not sure how this would be tested, if you fly to Italy cycles for 5 days and then fly back in terms of distance covered you could argue flying is main mode of transport.

Not sure with this sort of increased restriction if Direct Travel still qualifies at best value.
  • jonny_power
    Options
    I'm looking to take out an annual policy for myself and my wife. We're both 28, no medical issues (although pregnancy may occur at some point in the next year and I'm not sure if that affects anything) and we've got trips to the far east/NZ, Europe and Ireland planned at present.

Any advice on which are the best value providers? I've used Insure and Go for years but they're coming out as quite expensive.
  • robberbill
    Options
    hi,

ive just been asked to find some travel insurance for a 70 year old family member who is flying out to Australia in a couple of weeks. She is there for two months and has no existing medical conditions.

two questions -
    is that enough time to open up a nationwide account and get insurance that way?

if not can anybody recommend another company?

on money supermarket - the cheapest is allianz at either £87 or £106 (cant see the difference between the two)

although having looked at the company reviews online there are only a few and a real mixture of good and bad

Any advice or suggestions?

thanks
  • cathampshire
    Options
    I recently took out the Holiday Safe Annual policy for my family on recommendation from this site.

Unfortunately our buggy got broken on an internal flight in Thailand. I got all the necessary paperwork from the airline and brought the broken buggy home. I then sent the claim off to Holiday Safe with photos and paperwork, only to find buggies aren't on their list of items and it wasn't ever covered. This company shouldn't be recommended specifically for families with young children.
  • m3ngc
    m3ngc Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi Guys, I am off to Spain soon and upon hearing about the EHIC problems I decided to dump the limited RYANAIR policy and look for a better one to cover pre existing medical conditions.
    Very surprised to find No Limits offered a policy for only £77-50 with both my wife and I having heart problems and asthma.

WORTHY OF A LOOK
  • spexs
    spexs Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    m3ngc wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I am off to Spain soon and upon hearing about the EHIC problems I decided to dump the limited RYANAIR policy and look for a better one to cover pre existing medical conditions.
    Very surprised to find No Limits offered a policy for only £77-50 with both my wife and I having heart problems and asthma.

WORTHY OF A LOOK

How does one detect spam?
  • baxter60
    baxter60 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I see someone enquired about www. coverforyou. com earlier in 2012 but there was no direct response. I am travelling to NYC in 4 weeks and was looking at their premier cover, which covers medical expenses and pretty much all other requirements (cancellation, lost luggage, etc.) for less than £15. Anyone had prior experience with these guys before I go ahead and book??
  • Spindle73_2
    Options
    Hi planning on taking family to US for hols but youngest (under 5) has nut allergy. Any good pointers for who to go with?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback