Stroud And Swindon 7.05% Bond

Options

Comments

• alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    The way things are looking at the mo with banks and interest rates,I`m going to go into Nationwide tomorrow,they have a one year fixed paying 6.7%.

USA will probably cut rates on Tues,hard to see how UK rates can go up at the mo with all the turmoil.
    So 6.7% will do me.
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    Options
    alared wrote: »
    The way things are looking at the mo with banks and interest rates,I`m going to go into Nationwide tomorrow,they have a one year fixed paying 6.7%.

USA will probably cut rates on Tues,hard to see how UK rates can go up at the mo with all the turmoil.
    So 6.7% will do me.
    .25 cut almost certain. And the stock market will keep asking for more thereafter. The Fed would be wrong to cave in. Funny how we learn nothing from the past:rolleyes:
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:
  • Old_Slaphead
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    I sent my application using a Stroud and Swindon 1st Class prepaid envelope that I had lying around. I chosed not to use the FREEPOST address given on their website.

So did I.

Checked that preprinted envelope was 1st class with same postcode.

Maybe they're just a bit behind with some of apps. Will check my online account as chq should go through Mon/Tues if app was acepted in time.
  • mary
    mary Posts: 1,584 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I was told in the branch that cheques will take about 8 days to clear, as they have to go first through Stroud & Swindon clearing bank and then yours, as they are only a building society. My money was not cleared in my own bank account, that's why I double checked.
  • kanchhelskis
    Options
    thats ok mary we are all here to help eachother.
  • keifus_2
    Options
    Daer Guys And Girls From Tomorrow Stroud And Swindon Launch A Fixed Term Bond Till 2 December 2008 Paying A Fantastic 7.05% 5.64% Net, Minimum £1 Pound Deposit, Thumbs Up I Say Its All Good.

The interest rate is 7.05% APR for a period from October 2007 to December 2008, Will I get the full rate of 7.05% for the whole period of 14 months or just 12 months, Example; If I deposit £50,000.00 would I get £3525.00 interest for one year =12 months, would I get £4112.50 for the period of 14 months???
  • musehead
    Options
    I only sent a cheque for £10, hoping to top it up once it was set up - looks like I won't be able to now!
  • info_addict
    Options
    Thomas Crown
    I printed off the application & posted it together with a cheque on Friday afternoon using the Freepost address given on the website.

I wonder where I stand now? Will they count my online application as valid or will they return my cheque because the bond is now fully subscribed?

I had a call back from them this morning and asked this question and was told that all applications in the post will be honoured as new accounts. This is good news, as mine only went in the post today! Must have forgotten this when I spoke to them, as I said it was posted Friday! Cheque and application form duly dated 14th.

So if there any others out there who went through the online application and got the pdf form to print, but didn't. Then it still seems like it will be accepted. You just have to remeber that you posted it last week, before it closed.;)
  • Old_Slaphead
    Options
    keifus wrote: »
    The interest rate is 7.05% APR for a period from October 2007 to December 2008, Will I get the full rate of 7.05% for the whole period of 14 months or just 12 months, Example; If I deposit £50,000.00 would I get £3525.00 interest for one year =12 months, would I get £4112.50 for the period of 14 months???

£4112.50 + a bit. Interest is added initially for period to 1/10/07 and then 14 months thereafter to December 2008 - so there is a small benefit of compounding on the first couple of weeks interest.
  • giuliasaab
    Options
    Phew, that was lucky! :j

Went into the branch on Friday lunchtime to apply. Assumed they would take a debit card for payment but no, only cash or cheque. (remind me, is this the 21st century?) Opened with just £1. They said the offer would definitely close on Monday so I wasn't going to take a chance. Went back just before closing with my cheque book to deposit the amount I'd planned. Got it printed in my pass book. :D

Actually, I'd planned to pick up an application form Friday and return it Monday so we could apply in joint names. As I had to do it myself Friday it's in my name alone. Shame! ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure