Kitchensuber

Options

Comments

• 11redrex
    11redrex Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    I makes me sad that people are still falling for this cowboy's BS.
    DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE CHEAP KITCHENS, YOU WILL BE FINANCING A CRIMINAL. That's not libelous, he's been done more than once.
    Save up until you can afford a decent one.
  • rosiepompom_2
    Options
    Hi All....After nearly 3 years of fighting these rats I received
    a cheque for £3,075 last week! From one of their other names ......Interior Home Designs...........BEWARE NOW OF STIL HAUS KITCHENS! Same outfit.............We who have outed them have been blocked from commenting......why? :j
  • cosypie
    Options
    Hi, Please can you tell me how you won your battle with them, I am currently starting a fight with them, I had decided I would have to live with the substandard carcasses, no screws, missing end panels to name a few things (you get what you pay for after all) BUT we have now come to the point of fitting the end panels and cornice to find it is a very different colour cream! I requested a call back last week which obviously I didn't get, I was on hold for 57 mins this morning only to be told that their kitchens are slightly different creams, I asked what person in their right mind would expect or accept that and was told, thats just how it is. I asked for the contact number of the sales man who had given me a fake number but no I can't have that, after much persistence I was told to e-mail them a picture. I am under no illusion that this will help and have spoken to citizens advice who told me to send them a letter telling them they are in breach of contract. Any help or advice would be wonderful, I am so depressed about this whole thing and feel like such an idiot! :(
  • nessienoops
    Options
    viallis wrote: »
    Hi, We have just ordered a new kitchen plus white goods from Uber Kitchens based in Manchester, we live in the South East. A rep. came to visit, seemed straight, only took £100 deposit and the kitchen should be delivered to be fitted end of July. The price was almost half the price of other quotes and too good to miss. After he left we looked at each other and wondered if it was a scam, we have telephone the company today and spoken to a customer service person, the rep. rang us back when we asked for a return call,all seems kosher, still feel jittery though. The rep. had no brochures to leave with us, he had no business card. Anyone out there dealt with this company please. Thanks :o

Please dont buy from this company i have been ripped off please just walk away with just losing £100 deposit, it is a scam and they are a very unprofessional company
  • nessienoops
    Options
    Rob_bo wrote: »
    Cheap Kitchens but Terrible After Service

I unfortunately didn't know about these reviews and have used Kitchen Uber/Kitchen Design Lancashire. I am happy with the kitchen that I have even though you will need to pay your installer additional time as the units do not come with guide holes etc and go to B&Q to purchase missing parts.

My kitchen had missing parts and it took over 5 weeks and many many hours on the phone to rectify. This is absolutely ridiculous, the staff do not know what they are doing. I was told the parts would be out in a few days then to be told they hadn't left. It's no use complaining as apparently the Customer Service Manager doesn't speak to customers!!! What I ask is the person there for??!! This is probably compounded by the fact that they don't have any computers is all paper based.

On checking this company out I have found another forum on Trustpilot (I'm unfortunately not able to post the link as I'm a new user) which has a large amount of very positive reviews posted in quick succession which I assume is a way of Kitchen Uber trying to detract from the negative image that have online and could easily lead unsuspecting people into purchasing their kitchens.

If everyone who has posted on here places a review then the service will decrease from 71.9% excellent...yes that's 71.9% of posts thought Kitchen Uber were excellent I kid you not. Please place a post onto this web site

In summary I would only recommend Kitchen Uber if you are under no timescale to complete your kitchen, don't mind going out to B&Q to get missing parts as yours have been out of stock for weeks and don't get stressed from spending hours on the phone chasing and speaking to rude customer service staff

I have just put a review to the glowing reports on Trust Pilot i have terrible experience with this company, please guys go onto trust pilot and put the correct reviews down please i have been completely ripped off
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,302 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I look at changing your trading name , the other mob must be affecting business due to the poor reviews

You need permission from forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com to post on behalf of your company
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • dogeared_agian
    Options
    OCT 2015 - we have fallen for the lies and been sold a heap of rubbish - complained (when we finally got through hours on the phone) have been promised replacements for the endless list of faults. Do not buy anything from these people. Nothing has changed.

Will post the final results - possibility this will be next year!
  • Pensionerl
    Options
    Phew what a lot of tales of woe..... Well, I'm afraid I am going to add to them! In August I ordered a kitchen from Best Value Kitchens of Europe (again owned by Mr Sersen as stated by a previous contributor as the owner of another company) based, again, in Manchester. Delivery was set for the beginning of September. Paid £100 cash deposit (which went to the designer). Paid cash to the delivery driver. When my fitter came in the next day and he started to assemble the units and unpack the boxes and bubble wrap we found that four doors were missing, three doors were damaged, one drawer unit was unusable due to water damage, corner posts and end panels damaged or missing, and so it went on. As he couldn't continue, he went off to another job. It took over five weeks to have the missing or damaged items replaced, after endless phone calls when the staff hung up, the lines timed out, or just kept ringing for 45 mins or more with the staff fibbing and fobbing me off, or hanging up on me, despite my keeping my cool,.
    The second delivery driver was, well seemed to be, very nice and helpful. We found that this second delivery was still missing the four doors that were 'out of stock' still missing two end panels, and the made up drawer unit was even more damaged than the first. He phoned customer services and assured me that everything would be couriered down to me the following week. That was last week and they didn't arrive and I can't get through to their phone number as it keeps cutting off. Have just tried again and got through, hurrah, but after I heard that awful automated voice "Thank you for calling" for the 1,000th time, then the line cut off. My fitter has just found that there are four sets of 180 degree hinges missing too. I despair. Think at this point most people give up and have to try to resource the missing/broken pieces elsewhere. Think that Best Value Kitchens has probably stopped trading and another company has taken its place. I am furious, but I put it down to my own stupidity. We all buy so much on the internet these days, without any problems. We have come to trust it. The old saying caviat emptor - buyer beware - should always be observed.
    Can anybody swap a 400 ml ivory door for two 300 ml ones? Will have to look on Ebay, ho hum.
  • KitchenNightmare
    Options
    Agree with you all... in the middle of small claims.
    But there is no formal address to send a CCJ to.
    Anyone help?
  • KitchenNightmare
    Options
    On Companies House, sadly, you won't find much. A quick trawl showed none of the names I was familiar with. I have been left without a kitchen for 18 months. Don't get me wrong, I can physically 'use' what I have but it is by no means "fit for purpose". Can't say too much on here as they frequently use these sites for damage limitation _ ie ensuring their consumers can't do much.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure