PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heating still off here in North Yorkshire on coast. I get the complaints though from OH and kids all 3 of them feel cold due to defective genre which made eldest disabled and prone to cold. I really dread Winter had two price rises this year so roughly paying over 20% more for fuel compared with last year and I bet if fuel prices go down in world market they never come down in energy bills

I am thinking of getting a gas fire in living room we only have ghc and log burner in dining room, I dont want ghc on as much as I can get away with it
  • kingkano
    kingkano Posts: 1,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gosh not yet! It must be cold up north to have heating on already! Last year We didnt make it to November (new baby in the house) - But I think this year we will really try. Got an open fireplace in the living room we sometimes use on the chilly mornings/evenings in October - better than starting with the GCH.
  • Molly41
    Molly41 Posts: 4,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Again I say it is not a competition:mad::mad::mad: There are people who actually NEED to put their heating on if it is cold and damp. Those with health concerns, babies and young children and those who are older. They are all more susceptible to the cold and it's onset is insidious. This thread should not aim to send those people on a guilt trip as regards their heating needs!
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over and through me. When it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    When the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    We've had a couple of mornings with white cars here and the warmest it got yesterday was 8C. I wish to god my heating was fixed cos IT WOULD BE ON!:D
  • Rummer
    Rummer Posts: 6,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Popped it on today just to check that it is working ok as I don't want to try it when it is essential and find out it is broken!
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • Miss_J
    Miss_J Posts: 399 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mine's still off. I suspect though that my hubby sneaked it on last night while I was working nightshift, have come home this morning to massive condensation which is a bit of a give away.
  • cleggie
    cleggie Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    My heating is ON (i am a total lightweight when it comes to the cold :o).

Only for 15 mins in the morning and 15 mins in the evenings though!
  • xx_Jo_xx
    xx_Jo_xx Posts: 2,858 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Mine is off - and hopefully staying off for the foreseeable... :)

Ive put the winter quilt back on my bed, but little one is happy with his summer quilt still and a fleecy blanket. dressing gowns, socks and slippers do the trick just fine so no need for the heating to be on as yet.

:)
    :)Sometimes lurking, sometimes posting, but always flying:)
    You are supposed to be the leading lady of your own life, for God's sake! - The Holiday
    DFW :idea: August 2013... Debt total £15,475.56 - Jan 15 £11,738.66 - DEBT FREE by 2015
    Feb GC £48.02/£250 (£201.98)
    :D I will declutter my house and debts :D
  • Hobsons_Choice
    Options
    Ours goes on for an hour each morning, then off for the rest of the day until about 8pm, then on for another hour.
    This suits us (we're getting on a bit and feel the cold) but folk further north and with babies may need it on more now. Our thermo's set at 68degrees and we find that's just about right (for us).
    Normal people worry me.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I put the aircon on in the living room for the first time today for 20 min to take it up to 18C as the temp was 15C early this morning and there'll be no sun today, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback