Please advise - it's all gone SO wrong

Options

Comments

• Merrywidow
    Merrywidow Posts: 766 Forumite
    Options
    Purposely watched Cowboy Builders last night. I was worried that Mike's case is practically identical. There are 11 more episodes to come which I image would be much the same. Overkill? I think so. One redeeming feature which makes Mike's case stand out is the MSE Forum support. THAT is what I meant when I said that his case has to stand head and shoulders above all others, and boy are there a lot of scumbags running around.

Dom Littlewood is powerless to do anything but shame the cowboy builder. Mike on the other hand has his CCJ and those obtained by other victims of Bridle. Surely Dom could use these to push further for justice then he could with that Smith bloke last night. Could Bridle declare himself Bankcrupt and shed himself of all his debts?

I for one will be doing some deep thinking on how we can ensure Mike's case comes to the top of the pile (whoever the 'pile' belongs to!)

For those who don't read the Daily Express, the programme, Cowboy builders, got a great write up by the TV critic today. With the choice of programmes these days, for this to be selected is a very good sign.
    member # 12 of Skaters Club
    Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
    You don't stop laughing because you grow old,
    You grow old because you stop laughing
    :D
  • lisawaters
    lisawaters Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Options
    this is fantastic - so does this mean that its going out THIS thursday??? xxx

Yes but not about me. They're one of three programmes looking at my case.

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Morning all. I'm a long time lurker here but have been away and recently caught up with the thread. It's the first time I've actually seen the name of the builder and I immediately PM'ed Mike!

My family have been planning to move to Horsham in the next few years to be closer to DH's job and we were looking to renovate or build from scratch. Bridle was recommended to us :eek: (I must stress the person who recommended him used him a fair while ago and, I'm pretty sure, has no idea he's such a complete scumbag!)

What Mike's done by posting his name in the public forum I can NEVER thank him for enough. :T I just wanted everyone to know that :beer:

Kitty x

You ARE the luckiest woman in Britain!

We all hoped someone would be warned about him by what we're doing here and on the telly. A drop in the ocean, but it might all pick up speed and result in some big changes.

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    FeeFee wrote: »
    SOO exciting!!! Well done Mike :T:T

Thanks Fee!

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    I think you've had a very lucky escape honey! ;)

I Can't believe the man is still taking or quoting private jobs and it took a lot of effort on Mikes part to get his name out there, I'm sure the git will carry on ruining lives and homes until the law stops him! :(

Yeah. And Bridle's a git too... :o

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    MandaB wrote: »
    Hello!!!

Ive just been having a quick read of some of these posts and flppin heck Mike!!!

If none of these work, how about contacting a college of some kind to get the students to come and renovate for you the bits that they can? I saw it on Country House rescue and the students need the "real life" practice and you need the work done...

Good Luck with everything though and hope it gets sorted out really soon x

As someone pointed out a page or two back, the expression you're looking for rhymes with 'clucking bell'

We've tried the colleges route but elfin safety says nooo. Not everything that happens on telly programmes happens in real life. Not round here anyway!

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    :j:T:j:T:T
    This is what we have all beeen hoping, praying and wanting to happen :D
    So happy and dare i say relieved that something really positive is taking shape now!

Who would ever of imagined this from your OP :beer: everyone!!
    Loving the support from start to present and all the effort everyone has put in to help Mike.
    I wonder if Martin Lewis is half as proud as i am :rotfl:

What she said.

x
  • lisawaters
    edited 14 April 2010 at 2:36PM
    Options
    :beer:

Nice one! Hang in there Mike, your place WILL get sorted.

You can sing that song from BROS (When will I be famous)!!!

:T

Must go and start warming up for the Spin class in 20 mins... I am at the gym. How's that for forum following dedication?!

I suppose my first post was 'I Quit', following my experiences with 'Liar' then I had a period of 'Changing Faces'. Bridle responded with 'I owe you nothing' followed by no 'Money', and it almost became 'Too Much' for me.

You lot scored '10 out of 10' and we put a 'Cat Among The Pigeons'. I continued to 'Try' 7" Version (I wish) and now I'm 'Madly In Love' with my cottage which will one day again feature on the lid of a 'Chocolate Box'. Now I'm 'Counting the Hours' before I'll be able to enjoy a 'Silent Night' once more.

Hey- 'It's a Jungle Out There', Skintdragon...

(Never mess with someone with too much time on their hands!)

x
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Merrywidow wrote: »
    Purposely watched Cowboy Builders last night. I was worried that Mike's case is practically identical. There are 11 more episodes to come which I image would be much the same. Overkill? I think so. One redeeming feature which makes Mike's case stand out is the MSE Forum support. THAT is what I meant when I said that his case has to stand head and shoulders above all others, and boy are there a lot of scumbags running around.

Dom Littlewood is powerless to do anything but shame the cowboy builder. Mike on the other hand has his CCJ and those obtained by other victims of Bridle. Surely Dom could use these to push further for justice then he could with that Smith bloke last night. Could Bridle declare himself Bankcrupt and shed himself of all his debts?

I for one will be doing some deep thinking on how we can ensure Mike's case comes to the top of the pile (whoever the 'pile' belongs to!)

For those who don't read the Daily Express, the programme, Cowboy builders, got a great write up by the TV critic today. With the choice of programmes these days, for this to be selected is a very good sign.

Dom (one of my showbiz pals, actually :)) and such programmes,is a conduit to raising awareness about this stuff but other people will have to do the running with letters to MPs etc (now THERE'S an idea!)
  • lisawaters
    Options
    Jackoriah wrote: »
    This is amazing, and to a certain extent shows exactly what the thread is capable of.
    Cheers :D

You are very wise, and also correct... :cool:

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills