* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,310 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well Murie,you poked us all and it worked,thank you.Sorry about BL

GTQ great news.A great relief.

Things are in general looking up for folks especially Free who will be sat in her chair like a bond villain!

With painting of furniture I buy tester pots of emulsion and wax it,soooooooooooooooo much cheaper.

I am cracking on with my bird craft.I can never think of good stuff like you all do,mine is sewing yet again.

I have to confess to not finishing all the painting in the kitchen.I have used every excuse under the sun.Will try to at least sand it tomorrow.

Also didnt get a Sun holiday.All that was left was Pontins and Mr V balked at that.

Hope your little doggy friend is feeling better peppa.

laters Vx
     :
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yay a, glad to see so many posting. It will keep me spurred on to keep chatting. I also felt I hadnt much to add. Ive just been working away.
    I did get a Sun holiday, infact I was greedy and got 2. One for the Easter school holidays in Morecombe just a cheap £76 one (mon-fri), then another on the 3rd of July in Hartlepool. It's the beginning of the Scottish school hols, so £15 pp, then they jumped upto £17pp the night we leave. The kids loved Hartlepool last year. Such beautiful beaches and caves, we live near the beach on the west coast, so was nice to be on the east for a change. Decided the better we know and go back to explore a bit further. My car broke down on the way down last year, so we limped it to the caravan then didn't travel far.

I decided I missed my Christmas lights, so bought some twigs with fairy lights to sit at the window at my front door. Not fully Christmassy, but they make me smile when I come home in the dark as ive timed them to come on, and when I go to the loo and pass them lol.

Free- can't wait to see the pic of your chair. It sounds lovely. Ive just got a beige poang chair in my room, it makes a good clothes hanger :o.

Murie- sorry to hear about your BIL. X
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    MURIE I don't want to hear any more about you bringing the thread down, we're all friends and we're here for you. Stay strong for your DH but be happy for your mum too and enjoy that wine ;)
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks all x
    Vulpix thanks for the info on paint, crud you didn't get a sun holiday. Ive got up this morning with the good intention of touching up marks on the wall in the living room where the dog shakes the mud off- pale grey and mud don't mix! All Ive done so far is de -grime the cooker hob but I will get to it later so when you are doing your sanding think of me painting (I was going to say touching up there but it sounded wrong on a lot of levels!)- that will spur us both on!

Nic well done on getting those hols booked! I have my twig tree on and it fills the gap left by the Christmas lights. I have wound some white roses into it and plan to change them with the seasons- I bought some red ones (more pink really) form the poundshop at the weekend which I will use for valentines.

Newthrift (and princesskitty if you are reading) hope the bumps are growing nicely and that you both start to feel better and brighter soon to enjoy the pregnancies x

Free- Im loving the idea of you as a Bond villain in your chair- need a cat to complete the look? I can loan the little horror out (except he is grey not white but it would be a good contrast!)

Peppa- I did enjoy the glass of wine (also the packet of salt and vinegar crisps I had afterwards- don't worry I was still within my 'syns').

This morning I have the dreaded physio and after that back to my painting. I need to pop to argos to pick up the voucher that the manager 'forgot'to give me the other day when I bought DHs and moms hue light sets. I asked DS to pick them up for me as there is a code on the website for 25% off homewares (which bulbs etc come under). When he went into store they were adamant that the code didn't work so he came home and I rang customer services who told me yes it did and to go back to store and speak to the manager. at this point DS (like most men) did a runner and wouldn't get involved so I had to go. The manager knew all about it but still couldn't get it to work (and tried to give me all the excuses under the sun as to why it wouldn't). In the end she discounted it manually but didn't give me the voucher (which I was sure I should have but I couldn't get the page to load in the shop to check.) I decided I wouldn't challenge it cus I wasn't sure and I had already had the £30 discount (came to £120 for the two sets). But Ive been thinking and I think I should have it so I rang and she remembered me straight away and said yes the till didn't print it out for some reason (yeah right!). To get them between us we have had to make 2 journeys, 3 phone calls and a bit of hassle so I think Im going to press ahead and go in store to pick it up. Then I can use the voucher towards another bulb (they are on offer at £14.99 each at the mo).
    Right that's my day planned......!
    lovin' this site!
    :j
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning all,

I just wanted to pop on an apologise for my absence. I have been working the extra hours I told you all about and I am exhausted! also We have had some sad news in the extended family.

I will be on again soon to catch up properly.
    Apologies for the craft challenge. Does everybody still want to do it?
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Morning everyone, well i got replies from both sisters and both understood and were really nice about it, so i am glad i did it and i can stop worrying about it all now. Thankyou everyone for giving me the kick up the bum to do it/confidence to do it. I am so cold this morning and really fancy making Brownies so i am going to go check i have all the ingredients

PEPPAPIG aww i hope the meds work for your DDs little dog, can he still be exercised? Did you hear anything back about your Santa Paws donations?

MURIE you havent brought the thread down at all my lovely x Oh god poor Bailey wouldnt last 5 mins with the dog bless him. Can i ask what are hue lights? Sounds like you have been given the right run around. Good luck at the physio!

SPRINGDREAMS ooh you will love lapland and im sure DS will love it too!

NEWTHRIFT how are you doing/feeling?

VULPIX haha like a bond villain i love it :rotfl:you have just reminded me i must look for a bird outline for my craft, i am in the middle of a Becky Higgins christmas scrapbook that DD1 got me for christmas and its taking up all my time atm. Sorry you didnt get your holiday :(

NIC ooh well done on getting two holidays sorted and for a bargain

04624181 yes i am doing a bird challenge craft, sorry to hear you have had bad news

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all!
    I discharged myself form Physio yesterday as they are either running late or off for some reason and I think I can manage to keep up with the exercises at home without a fortnightly check in!

Free- hue lights are the ones that you can tell to put on via the amazon echo dot-verbal commands rather than physically switching them on- ideal for mom going from room to room at night. Im off to get the argos voucher this morning and then on to HB to see if they have the unicorn in.

046..sorry to hear you have been working all hour and are shattered. Im sorry for your loss x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Morning, just tried to catch up and read back, yes l am another guilty of reading but not posting as l haven't had a lot going on. l am taking DD to physio this morning her foot is a lot better she has persevered with the exercises so perhaps goodbye moon boot? DGS had to be absent from school on Tuesday due to some random pain producing virus, but is recovered. l bought a lovely coat in the last days of the m&s sale, £16 from £120, pleased with that, and got a pair of slippers and snuggly sox at 70% off too, but the coat l had my eye on for DGS disappeared. Never mind.
    Right, off to collect DD, be good, no, be spectacular. xx
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi All, sorry I haven't been about to post - work has been crazy busy including some travel so I just haven't really been around.

Big hugs to all those who have had sad news already this year - I was on email to DM today and she passed on some sad news too about a friend's DH, plus it looks like MIL is going to be having an op that is high risk so it's not been a great start to the year.

I'm glad Jan seems to have gone quickly for some of you - for me it's dragged, i don't know why as I didn't get paid particularly early before xmas but OMG it seemed a long month. I'll be glad to see the back of it tbh but it seems crazy to think we'll be in Feb already. We've already got daffs popping up around here - although they're prob regretting that given the cold snap :rotfl:

No more xmas planning here following the B00ts sale of which i have a couple of bits I need to decide to take back or save as gifts - I have two items that could be for the same recipient but obv only need to give them one, and can't really put one away for next year as they're quite similar items.... but they were 'bargains' (evne though I could prob find a candle just as nice as the £3.60 one in Sainsbobs and no way was it worth £12 in the first place)

most birthdays coming up just require a card in and some cash but need to try and find DB something and I have no idea.....

Right, sorry for the waffle....must go locate dinner....
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    FREE the RSPCA mentioned us in their Christmas post on facebook and the other local animal rescue were really grateful when we dropped the stuff if though I must admit it would have been nice to receive an email to say thanks as I could have posted it on the Santa Paws group. Never mind though.

0462 nice to see you, hope work calms down a bit. I'm afraid I'm guilty of a severe lack of action on the challenge front. I like the topic of birds but just haven't been able to motivate myself to actually do anything (hangs head in shame):o

MURIE I don't blame you for discharging yourself, life's too shot to spend it waiting for something you don't need. I am definitely in awe of your mum and the way she's emraced all the new technologies.

MRSINVISIBLE hope DD got a good result today and can downsize the moon boot!

Nice to see you back KERRIGT.

DD coming later tonight ready for the day of fun tomorrow, still don't know what's happening but my sis has messaged to say we might want to shave our legs lol. I'll let you know how it goes :)
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport