Thanks Mum this is for you...single gal, a pony and a mission to beat the mortgage

Options

Comments

• Baldybear
    Baldybear Posts: 1,657 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    tyllwyd wrote: »
    Hi! Hope you don't mind me crashing in on your thread, but I noticed you talking about your Dad with Alzheimer's and I wondered if you had found your way to the Alzheimer's Society forum - my MIL has Alzheimer's and I've found it really helpful to read about other people's experience of the type of problems and patterns of behaviour. It's also helpful if you need to find your way through issues around powers of attorney, money, care homes. Good luck for all your family, and for you and your horse!

Thank you for crashing, I havent heard of that forum before, definitely one to go investigate :) My sister had appointment with nurse this morning with dad so will see her later to be able to catch up and see how it went :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    I love Bodiam, it's gorgeous! I so hear you about the eye-rolling when long-reining - Merlin does exactly the same thing, though with him it's usually a precursor to deciding he'd better take charge and stomping off to graze, leaving me waterskiing in his wake!!

I have never been to Bodiam before, but agree totally lovely! And the weather was sunny too, managed to miss most of the showers!

I, thankfully, am less waterskiing these days, just need to work on the brakes a little bit, currently working on stand and then dropping the reins and getting her to stand there and not move before I say go on walk on, she either a) does it perfectly, b) moves of instantly or c) (which is usually most of the time) turn around and look to see if I have a carrott or similar, well if we are stopping mum thought would just say hi :rotfl: When riding also practising the same techniques but obv she cant stop and turn around. Have bribed her a few times with carrots whilst sat up top to get her to stand nicely which is good in the sense that she is easily distracted when something scares her lol :rotfl:

So moneywise, have paid of my Sains CC, leaves me with £180 till payday, should be £80 on hoss food but apart from that should be fine, have full tank of fuel, lots of food so no need for frivolous spending. I record my NSD's and last few months have been 5 or 6 a month, when previously they had been 10 to 15 so doing pretty shocking, so trying to cut back and not spend because the money is there. Will never reach savings goals and MFW if spend on rubbish!

Must get back into ebaying, the stash I have is huge, half a rooms worth and it is a bit annoying taking up space, so need to motivate myself as the pennies will be great too.
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good afternoon, so no spending not going to plan, spent £40 in BHS sale yesterday, waiting for items to be delivered, hopefully good. Today spent £3 on chocolate and ibuprofen, time of the month it was needed lol!

Spoke to ex today, chased him up about finishing sorting his bits out of the loft, will be a few weeks away but there will be an end in sight :D

So having quite a good chat and him and his wife are selling house she owns and buying a new property, made an offer and accepted on new property just waiting on offer on current house. So being nosey asked how much mortgage and he said he wasnt sure yet due to offer on house. He also mentioned that they are consolidating their debts into the mortgage too, of course thats such a great idea not :cool: His wife is also going to pick up her brand new car today, true they do need 2 now but brand new Mazda sporty thing, hmmm, but not my problem. He mentioned on finance for now and they are consolidating that debt to mortgage. Who knows how big their mortgage will be. I just paid him £15k to buy out of house (cash lump sum) and he said that paid of his credit cards but not his loans (note plural) that he had from previous credit card consolidation and wedding. OMG!! Oh and the final OMG he said they may take an extra £5k or so on the mortgage debt so they can have a nice holiday at the end of the year or so :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Soooooooo grateful that he is an ex, and his wife, who I thought was sensible with money, seems just as bad. Putting all that debt onto a mortgage, all that daily interest to add, OMG how stupid. Least it isnt my problem, can just sit back and watch...
  • Baldybear
    Options
    Good morning, another failed NSD yesterday but its ok was just milk and biscuits for work which is reclaimable expenses, plus lots of biscuits left over which I had to take home ;)

So today unexpected £275 has landed from the bank, quick call and they have finally closed old mortgage and this figure was an overpayment, yay, nice to have :) So £175 transferred to friend, he sold sister his old tv for £100 so I have kindly paid for that and the £75 is for a few gig tickets he has purchased for next few months, was going to use fun savings fund but means this stays in tact :D So £40 transferred to current account as picking up a trampoline tonight from friend for nephew and the remaining £60 sent to ISA/Emergency fund :)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Always nice to have unexpected money turn up!
  • FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BB I can't believe people still live like that. I thought that all the financial instability in the last 10 years had changed mindsets to try to reduce debt. I am terrified of the idea of it! Hope you are feeling suitably smug and sensible!
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £350,085 BTL now --- £162,668
  • Baldybear
    Options
    FloppyDisk wrote: »
    BB I can't believe people still live like that. I thought that all the financial instability in the last 10 years had changed mindsets to try to reduce debt. I am terrified of the idea of it! Hope you are feeling suitably smug and sensible!

Good morning :) Thanks for dropping by FloppyDisk (great name :D) I am not surprised people live like that, not after 4 years with my ex, he will never change, am so pleased to have got out of that situation, one definitely never to repeat again, definitely be more cautious over next relationship. Good luck to them in the future. Speaking to friends though the likelihood of them getting all that debt consolidated onto the mortgage though is pretty small and not forgetting financial madness, watch this space.

So good weekend for me, picked up trampoline, nephew loves it so £40 well spent :D My sister was going to pay me back for the TV but she is doing a sponsored sky dive in september :eek: braver than me. Its for the hospice that mum was in so am using the money she owes to sponsor me so we are all square and the hospice gets a great donation :)

Saturday spent £6 on butter and eggs, made some cakes to take to social do on sunday. Cut my grass, weeded back garden, picked zillions of strawberries, of to look for a recipe I can use, tidied my house and generally a productive day.

Yesterday didnt spend a penny spent some time with the hoss, fixed my fence, scrubbed out my water trough, poo picked in the rain :cool: oh the excitement :rotfl: then out in the afternoon to a friends, lovely few hours basking in the sunshine, cakes went down a treat too :)
  • Baldybear
    Options
    £7.79 "spare" in my bills account as always estimate bills each month to nearest pound, transferred to ISA/Emergency Fund, over halfway to target :)
  • cazmanian_minx
    cazmanian_minx Posts: 4,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    https://www.bakingmad.com/rhubarb-blueberry-and-strawberry-shortcake-pie-recipe/

- except make it with 400g of strawberries instead of the combination of fruit. My roofers keep requesting more of them!
  • Baldybear
    edited 12 July 2016 at 10:49AM
    Options
    https://www.bakingmad.com/rhubarb-blueberry-and-strawberry-shortcake-pie-recipe/

- except make it with 400g of strawberries instead of the combination of fruit. My roofers keep requesting more of them!

Ooh thanks for this, going to try and attempt tonight :D

NSD achieved yesterday, today need to order hoss food and hay, plenty in budget to cover this :)

My dishwasher decided it didnt want to play last night, quick google said something to do with water intake, bro in law popped over we unplugged it all, checked the filters, checked all the pipes, nothing obvious, plumbed it all back in and ta dah working again, hurrah! :)

I am saving funds to replace items etc as they break, thats the whole point of various savings pots but am disinclined to use them at the moment, ha, by DFW ways are sticking with me, not spending money unnecessarily :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure