Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Here is this weekend's update.

- West Bromwich BS Fixed Rate Regular Savers (both Child and Adult versions) have been withdrawn
    - West Bromwich BS to launch Fixed Rate Regular Saver (Adult) account on 21st August paying 3.3% on £10 to £250 fixed for 12 months, branch only account, according to moneyfacts.co.uk
    - Have added a comment to the Dudley BS account entry to note that arsenalboy has been able to apply by post

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
  • Special_Saver2
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I hope you have had a nice Bank Holiday weekend, which is almost over now! Just enough time to add my update for this weekend...

West Bromwich Building Society has added its new issue 2 regular savings accounts to its website. The adult version pays 3.3% on up to £250 per month for people aged 16 upwards. The child version pays 3.6% on up to £100 per month. Both accounts allow you to miss 2 payments but there are no withdrawals prior to the end of the 12 months and both are branch only accounts. I have put the details in post 4.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
  • patientperson
    Options
    West Bromwich Building Society has added its new issue 2 regular savings accounts to its website. The adult version pays 3.3% on up to £250 per month for people aged 16 upwards.
    SS2

West Brom have confirmed that it is permissable to open this new regular saver 2 (3.3%) even if one still has the 4.1% regular saver and is still contributing to said account. ;)
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 615 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    West Brom have confirmed that it is permissable to open this new regular saver 2 (3.3%) even if one still has the 4.1% regular saver and is still contributing to said account. ;)

Can it be opened by post though as mentioned in the list on this thread?
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Fantastic news, I shall be doing that when I visit to pay into issue 1 next week then! :)
  • bigjon1968
    Options
    I was advised that I couldn't open West Brom issue 2 until my Issue 1 had matured, so if that's not the case then it's good news. Bit late for me though, as my existing issue matures next month.
  • patientperson
    Options
    liamcov wrote: »
    Can it be opened by post though as mentioned in the list on this thread?

It is a Branch based account so a trip to a branch is required.
  • patientperson
    Options
    bigjon1968 wrote: »
    I was advised that I couldn't open West Brom issue 2 until my Issue 1 had matured, so if that's not the case then it's good news. Bit late for me though, as my existing issue matures next month.

I was in contact with West Brom via their secure mail service advising that I have recently opened a new Regular Saver (4.1%) and can I also open Issue 1 the 3.30%.
    The reply via e-mail was affirmative. I plan to visit a branch next week and will also take a copy of the mail response just in case.
  • Kazza242
    Kazza242 Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mansfield Building Society have withdrawn the 2nd issue of their Regular Savings account, which paid 3.00% (£25-£500).

Issue 3 is now available, but it pays only 2.75% and they have decreased the maximum amount allowed per month to £250.

They have also restricted its availability to savers resident in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire or South Yorkshire only.
    Please call me 'Kazza'.
  • patientperson
    Options
    Kazza242 wrote: »
    They have also restricted its availability to savers resident in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire or South Yorkshire only.

Mostly correct but still hope for some outside of their operating areas provided there is 3 years membership as per the following extract from their website:

In addition, existing savers and borrowers aged 18 years or over at the date of opening the account who have a minimum of 3 years continuous membership with the Society and who live outside Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire or South Yorkshire also qualify for the account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure