PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Options

Comments

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 24 February 2017 at 8:01PM
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    Seems like it's pie night then on the onesies front:D
    Chicken tikka masala with tomato soup and mango chutney is really rather good- I've a recipe somewhere if you need one as used to make fairly often when the boys were younger :)

aww thanks but I have the phil vickery recipe :D glad to hear its good though
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »
    aww thanks but I have the phil vickery recipe :D glad to hear its good though
    It's probably the same one :D as I think I nabbed off of day time telly yonks ago
  • Nelski
    Options
    2/10.

Since yesterday I've been thinking about the 10/day thing - and yesterday I went through the NHS list to pick out the list of stuff I'd eat .... and I do intend to "try" a bit more at some point ...

Just not today.

Today I've had:

- 2 bits of white/sliced 36p loaf and a smear of marg.
    - 1/4 pie, 30g instant mash, 1/2 tin of beans.
    - a packet of plain crisps (the 5p ones I bought from Lidl the other week, still got 3-4 packs left).

So there's 1/10 right there!

Total cost today was about 75p. And I'm short by 9/10 portions of food.

I've probably had ~800 calories, so there'd be some calorie room to scoff more ... but right now I'm too full to even think about eating anything more.

I was eyeing up the 24p/Smart Price Asda tomato soup earlier and thinking "wonder if that's minging".

Cant say I am bothered what the government tells me to eat ...I know I could and probably should eat more veg but I dont so shoot me :)

Your calculations will be out though as I will have at least 2 glasses of wine which is stuffed full of healthy grapes :T
  • caronc
    Options
    2/10.

Since yesterday I've been thinking about the 10/day thing - and yesterday I went through the NHS list to pick out the list of stuff I'd eat .... and I do intend to "try" a bit more at some point ...

Just not today.

Today I've had:

- 2 bits of white/sliced 36p loaf and a smear of marg.
    - 1/4 pie, 30g instant mash, 1/2 tin of beans.
    - a packet of plain crisps (the 5p ones I bought from Lidl the other week, still got 3-4 packs left).

So there's 1/10 right there!

Total cost today was about 75p. And I'm short by 9/10 portions of food.

I've probably had ~800 calories, so there'd be some calorie room to scoff more ... but right now I'm too full to even think about eating anything more.

I was eyeing up the 24p/Smart Price Asda tomato soup earlier and thinking "wonder if that's minging".
    If I'd just eaten I'd be full after pie and mash but overall that's not much and I'd be starving later and end up eating junk. Today I've had a banana, a small seeded roll with ham, coleslaw and 8 baby plum tomatoes and my tummy is definitely beginning to look for a "proper" dinner soon :)
  • caronc
    Options
    Nelski wrote: »

Your calculations will be out though as I will have at least 2 glasses of wine which is stuffed full of healthy grapes :T
    Absolutely same here :D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't drink wine. I'm 99% positive it won't count ... I'm off to Google it.

Ha! But you knew that.
    https://www.bhf.org.uk/heart-matters-magazine/nutrition/5-a-day/not-5-a-day
    :)
  • Nelski
    Options

Ha! But you knew that.

counts in my world... now stop being a spreader of gloom and doom lol..... I wont be eating 10 veg... and wine counts :rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options

Ha! But you knew that.
    Spoilsport - though I might call that one out as it also says olives and pickles don't count which is contadicted elsewhere seems no one is quite sure and as it is fermented grape juice can't see why not though only ever as one so may as well have a large one :D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Damn... bloke on an advert was just eating a big fat kebab.
    I fancy one of those now....
  • caronc
    Options
    Ended up with gammon steak, pineapple, mushrooms and a few LO sweet potato wedges all bar the mushrooms from the freezer - a kind of put it together dinner but tasty:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure