Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Ruthhelenjohn
Ruthhelenjohn Posts: 19 Forumite
edited 7 February 2014 at 2:40PM in Mortgages & endowments
Official MSE Insert:

If you've arrived from Google, our fully researched Mortgage guide may be helpful.

Back to the original post...

Hi all,

FTB.
Waiting nervously for a final answer on our mortgage with the Halifax.
AIP given in April, offer accepted end of June , valuation done,last week, application went in yesterday.....
Worried sick.....
Anyone else in the same position right now?

Comments

• carrot_cake
    carrot_cake Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I will join although I am hoping to have my offer today, fingers crossed! Good luck :)

(PS, mine is with the Halifax as well) :)
  • swanny78
    swanny78 Posts: 86 Forumite
    edited 19 July 2013 at 10:11AM
    I'm in.
    AIP last week for Natwest.

My full app went in via a broker on Tuesday. Awaiting decision in 7-10 days time. Like you a FTB. I also have a young family (3 kids). Found the perfect family home after years of renting. Nervous doesn't begin to explain. We have everything crossed.
  • Moonraker71
    Moonraker71 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've been told 'close of business' today for a final offer. Full application 10th June. Don't think I can bear to wait over the weekend... (Natwest).
  • swanny78
    I've been told 'close of business' today for a final offer. Full application 10th June. Don't think I can bear to wait over the weekend... (Natwest).
    Did you call them direct? Whats the best number to get them on?
  • Good luck everybody, lets try and all keep each other positive, it's a nerve racking time for us all!
    We have been renting for years and its getting so expensive, If we get the green light we will be £250 per month better off and with 2 kiddies every penny helps!
    Keep us updated!
  • swanny78
    Good luck everybody, lets try and all keep each other positive, it's a nerve racking time for us all!
    We have been renting for years and its getting so expensive, If we get the green light we will be £250 per month better off and with 2 kiddies every penny helps!
    Keep us updated!
    indeed , good luck everybody. Hopefully its good news all round.
  • Let_Us_See
    Let_Us_See Posts: 1,319 Forumite
    I hope it is only your excitment that causes the confusion. Surely, time frame is a little confusing? Offered end of June (perhaps, you mean AIP agreed?), valuation completed last week, but the application was only submitted this week? Fingers crossed.
  • mkmini81
    mkmini81 Posts: 55 Forumite
    same boat.... mine got referred so sat with the underwriters at present.... the waiting is horrible!
  • Mortgage promise obtained in April, found a house, offer accepted June 28th, meeting at Halifax July 1st for application and paid for a property check & valuation. Valuation last Wednesday came up at 10k less than the offered price, application was then put on hold, re offered at the 10k less, offer was accepted on Wednesday, application process started again yesterday.....
    Thanks!
  • swanny78
    mkmini81 wrote: »
    same boat.... mine got referred so sat with the underwriters at present.... the waiting is horrible!
    That would be my worse nightmare, I can't stand the waiting...I've only be waiting 3 days. How long after full app were you told it was referred.. Good luck!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback