New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey it's weekend again. Out with friends last night for a curry, I took £20 the rest of my spends for the monthn and it cost me £17.60 the change paid the window cleaner . Grandson and I went trampolining today £5 including a sandwich and drink for him. I had nothing as no cash with me and they didn't accept cards under a fiver .

Tomorrow I am off to stay with a friend in my favourite place Cumbria. Will cost me for petrol and lunch on Sunday we are going to a carvery.

Will need my wet weather stuff definitely,
  • dottydebts
    dottydebts Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    I think days out and trips that you have saved and paid for yourself are deserved and needed! We work so hard watching every penny, we need something to enjoy!

I hope you have had a good weekend!
  • System
    Options
    Thanks Dotty had a good weekend. It was rather wet though , but the company was good.

Payday tomorrow, so need to do transfers and update signature.

Weekends go way too fast.
  • System
    Options
    Salary already gone in, so have done all transfers.

No credit card used for 3 months
    No new clothes bought since 9/12/16 .
    Meal plan done for week.

Next month is going to be a speedy month, house insurance due and going on holiday for 10 days . Holiday and spends already paid for.
    Going to stay with friends for the weekend as well .

Will be a big test to see if I can live within my means.
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I know you can do it:T
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Options
    Nothing much changed in 2 days since last post . 2 NSD , have a freezer full of food so meal plan this week created around that.

All pots of money as they should be EF up to £151 now so growing slowly and steadily.

Have achieved a work goal this week, I will only be working 4 days a week from April , doing 36 hours in 4 days instead . This is to help out with childcare for my grandchildren, look forward to it . I have been doing these hours unofficially for a while to trial the idea. This Friday will be my last yippee .
  • System
    Options
    My survey earnings are coming along very well. I hope to be able to use them towards Christmas presents. It takes time but I do them when I am having so me time.

Won't make me a fortune but every penny helps.
  • System
    Options
    Today I had a work colleague ask me for help about money issues . I thought she was going to ask to borrow money , but in fact she told me in confidence that she was in some 16k of debt and needed to tell someone and she chose me.
    Why she thought I could help I have no idea, anyway help I did as best I could, directed her to step change website , and MSE of course. Tomorrow lunch we are doing an SOA!

Never did I think I would be able to help anyone.

It's my last time of working Friday tomorrow, can't wait to be on 4 days.

Spent 75p on toast at work .
  • System
    Options
    It's arrived finally , my last official Friday in work. Can't wait to start new work pattern.

Hoping for NSD today.

Have a good day everyone.
  • Princess_nola1
    Options
    Well done - you've come so far! And we'll done for helping your colleague. They must feel they can trust you. Keep going x
    When it's dark, look for stars. When it's raining look for rainbows.
    DFW - Tesco CC: [STRIKE]£3149.71[/STRIKE]£0! Capital One CC:[STRIKE] £2242.01[/STRIKE]£0! :T Overdraft: [STRIKE]£283[/STRIKE] £0! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure