New Journey

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Enjoying a Monday off , lots of things to do.
    Housework.
    Shopping
    Ironing
    Update spending diary
    Meal plan
    Send eBay parcel
    Contact friend to see how she is .

Best get moving !
  • Money_Rollercoaster
    Options
    Hey, enjoy your Monday off!

If you close your eyes (momentarily) when you're ironing, you can imagine you've treated yourself to a sauna. :D
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You're doing really well, especially on your weekend away.
    Personally hate ironing but we made the decision to get Netflix last year when we got rid of more expensive tv stuff and I only watch a particular programme when I iron so there's an incentive. Can't say it makes me look forward to the ironing any more but at least it passes more quickly.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• System
    Options
    Thanks for the ironing tips , moneyroll and joeyjimbles.

To do list all done , very busy day but had to be done.

Shopping £17.67well under budget of £30
    Petrol £40.01 have another £10 if need be.

Back to work tomorrow, holidays pass far to fast ��
  • System
    Options
    I have talked about getting my working days down to 4 for a while now. Original plan was to reduce hours , but work life balance at works means I can do a compressed week.

Have applied at work today , fingers crossed 🤞. NSD today .
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am impressed by your weekend away budgeting. When you do it for those sorts of amounts, it means you can maybe do it a little more often.

Good luck with the application :)
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • System
    Options
    10 days to payday and I have been looking at my budget, definitely not going to spend £120 on food this month. Going to drop food budget to £100 and see how I go.

Think I may have money left on spends as well, but still have one night out before payday a meal next week. If there is any left over may roll it on to next months spends as I am away for the weekend again. Staying with a friend in my favourite place in the uk, accommodation free but will have to use extra petrol so decisions to be made nearer payday. .

Another NSD which is good.

Used snowball calculator tonight and I need to up my repayments if I am to be clear on the date the 0% expires. I need to find an extra £35 , all doable I think.
  • System
    Options
    Bit of a panic today , forgot a friends birthday , had to order flowers for her as she lives in another part of the uk. Usually I would have been getting the credit card out , but today I paid with my debit card . The money will come from the extra in the food budget. Feels so good being in better control of money.

Beautiful day , nice walk after work , just about to eat dinner, omelette and salad.
  • System
    Options
    Sometimes I read other diaries and see other people paying off huge amounts each month. I get a bit downhearted with the whole thing of debt busting when I don't see much progress as my payments are so much smaller.

I suppose each journey is different and it's a slow journey rather than a marathon for me.

Feeling sorry for myself over !
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's all relative Cumbria Lass. You don't have huge debt to make huge payments towards.

Your debt free date is earlier than mine AND I don't think you need to pay nearly a third of your wage to do it. I know whose position I'd rather be in:)

You're doing great!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills