My Diary v3.0

Options

Comments

• natsplatnat
    natsplatnat Posts: 3,033 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning All!

Today is definitely a "Monday" kind of Monday!

So? Whats new?
    1 item sold on fleabay - to be posted today.
    OH had his ppi decision letter through on Saturday. It turns out that the loan we were claiming the ppi on was a consolidation loan that incorporated 5 other 'loans'. The claim was upheld in the 5 older loans - paying out £9031.00, but they declined the claim on the 'consolidation loan', but they are paying £873.00 to it as the amount of the loan was larger due to the ppi on the earlier loans. Apparently there is not "currently" enough evidence to support the claim... so I think this could be challenged in the future!!? Anyway, I am more than pleased for now... and OH thinks I am wonderful for stopping him putting it through a reclaim company!!
    start = Wed 19th Nov 2008 £21,225
    end = Mon 28th Sept 2015 DEBT FREE!
    I love a good plan - it may not work.... but I love a good plan!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    T0lun4 up to 20,036 points!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Another item sold on fleabay last night and another this morning, so that is another trip to the PO today.... and tomorrow! Great! lol Although it does mean that pennies in the pot for October now stands at £41.22. Not too bad at all!
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Happy Payday All! x

I still LOVE Fridays!
    Nothing else sold on Fleabay - need to put some new bits on there, but I am house-sitting from Monday for 12 nights, so that would mean I need to take anything I have listed with me as I can't rely on OH to package and despatch them! lol
    T0lun4 at 21,191. Have decided to take the tablet with me when I house-sit, so I can sit and watch TV in the evening and hammer away at those surveys! I will reach 80,000 points!
    OH's ppi reclaim has reached his bank account - need to get that out of there as soon as possible!! Must get in the loft this weekend and see what paperwork I can find! I will process the relevant forms for OH whilst I am house-sitting! Boy, I am going to be busy! lol
    Q.co up to £116.60 thanks to a bit of cashback tracking from Debs. Would quite like some of it to pay out now... there are quite a few transactions listed as due by early November, so I will wait a bit and chase up in a couple of weeks if needed.
    Need to start thinking about the dreaded festive 'C' word. OH has announced that "spending will be minimal this year!" Sound great to me... will wait and see though! But it will be cashback all the way!! lol
    Right, work calls. Have a great weekend all! Firework displays start down here this weekend, so might pop out tomorrow night - I love a good firework! Nats x
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning All!

A gloriously sunny autumn day here today!
    House-sitting will begin after work this evening - but I have had to leave OH at home this morning with a fluey-type bug, so depending on how he feels when I speak to him later, I might pop home and cook him dinner.
    T0lun4 up to 25,376 so that is over 30% of the way there!
    A couple of extra bits tracked on Q.co over the weekend, so that is now at £117.29.
    OH changed his SO to the new household account last night, so that is all in place for the 1st November.
    I think that is all for now - weekend not been the most exciting to be fair. Yesterday morning OH and DSS started looking through a miscellaneous tin of coins OH bought months ago.... some of them are selling fairly well on fleabay. For now though, they are just priced up with stickers and put back in the tin! lol
    Have a great day everyone! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    T0lun4 up to 29,161 - so getting there!

Nothing else sold on fleabay - and no change on Q.co either. All really rather dull, and it's raining which is not good when I have a dog to walk! lol

Off to have a scout around my bank accounts - just because I can! lol
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    T0lun4 up to 32,361 - to be fair, not really done much in the evenings, so need to focus more on that... this evening could be the evening! lol

Looked round my bank accounts yesterday... that was fun! ;O)
    Someone making silly 'best offers' on one of my fleabay items! For under half the price I have it up for!! Cheeky! lol
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    5th payday of the month!! YAY!

Well - last night was not the night for T0lun4.... it was a night for sitting on the sofa, eating pizza and drinking wine!! lol

With the plan of 'making my money work as hard as possible for me' I have just opened another bank account which offers 5% interest on balances up to £2000.00. Although I love seeing my usual current account looking much healthier than it has in years, it doesn't offer a decent interest rate, so it makes sense to squirrel some money each week over to an account that does and then bring it back when it is needed... such as paying the credit card! Need to remember to put at least £500 a month through the new account to get the interest rate offered. I feel a new spreadsheet coming on!! ;O)

T0lun4 up to 32,746 despite not doing any last night!

More ridiculous offers on fleabay! I am quite happy to wait for a better offer - in no hurry to sell!

No increase in Q.co either!

OH has been off work this week with a fluey-type thing and then a bad back, which after an appointment with an osteo yesterday turns out to be a herniated disc. He has managed to see what some bits laying around at home are selling for on fleabay... so not totally un-productive!!

Right, head down - loads of work to do. Be back later... if not, have a great weekend!! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Morning all!

Another misty morning here! Hopefully it will lift to leave a day as nice as yesterday!

Not much to report from the weekend; popped home Sat and Sun to see OH and make sure he was ok - went for a slow mooch around a local Antique and Collectors fayre yesterday - OH was grateful to get out the house!

An extra 82p tracked on Q.co and T0lun4 is up to 34,491. Got round to downloading the app onto the tablet, but seems that a lot of the surveys are not compatible? Managed a couple of thousand points though, so moving in the right direction. Really need to get to at least half way (40,000 points) by the time I finish house-sitting (Sat morning!) That should keep me busy in the evenings!

And that is it! Must start formulating a plan with regards to xmas presents. We agreed with OH's sister and BIL yesterday that we wouldn't do presents this year, but would get together to do something / go for a meal instead. None of us need / want anything we can't get ourselves - so that is a bit of stress removed!

Right, eyes down - another busy week at work starts! xxx
  • natsplatnat
    Options
    Have decided that T0lun4 on the tablet is pretty much useless - only gives me the vote bits to do. New balance 34,896. Slowly slowly!!
    OH made it back to work yesterday and has another osteo appointment this evening, so hopefully that will help too.
    OH has received a letter back from the bank about his CC ppi. They say they don't have enough information to process the claim as they have not received a questionnaire back from us.... but OH went through all the details on the phone with a lady, so need to make sure the relevant information gets forwarded to the person making the decision. One job for me next week is to look back over the rejection for OH's latest loan ppi and make sure they have all the info they say they don't have for that! Still got the other forms to complete and send of for other CC ppi. Just haven't found my mojo to do it!
    My new bank account online banking details should arrive this week and then I start moving money around to make a few pennies!
    Looking forward to going home on Saturday after work (extra Sat in as my boss is away - will need to use this time in January to pick my parents up from the airport). Might head out to see some fireworks with OH and some friends. In the meantime I am hoping there are no more early fireworks going off near where I am house-sitting - the dog does NOT like them and goes mental!
    Oh, forgot to log total fleabay total for October at £41.22. Adding it all up, since I started on my fleabay selling mission in October last year, I have 'made' £793.22 (after fees and postage) - so not to be sniffed!
    Right, I have loads of work to do, so I will be back later! Have a great Tuesday! xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback