Mummytogirls - 100 years to be debtfree - I think not!

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening diary!

Wow nearly Wednesday already!

Nothing too exciting to report, payday in 2 days! Should be 3 days but its my first time paying the wages and if there were going to be any glitches id like to find out the day before not actually on payday! So we are getting paid on the 25th for this month.

Everything at work all falling into place ready for the office move next week.

Think thats all from me! Catch up soon xx
    Mummytogirls x

• LivvyLoo_2
    Options
    Hi Mummy,
    Same payday as me YEY!
    Glad everything is falling into place for the move...the less stress the better.
    X
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • Alice_in_Poorland
    Options
    Hope everything is still going well. Nearly the weekend.:) xx
    DMP with CCCS started Jan12 £34,906 Jan13 £31,893 Jan14 £26,836 Jan15 £21,894 Jan16 £16,839 Jan17 £14,415 Jan19 £12,938ish Jan19 £9,649 Jan20 £6612 Feb 21 0 Self managed from Jan'17
    Jan 18- Bcard1 £0,Bcard2(PRA) £0,C@ptl £0,Ybank,£0,Virgin/MBNA £0,YB1 £0,S@ntader £0,Bcard loan £0,
    DFD - [STRIKE]Jan 2027[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Nov 2018 [/STRIKE][STRIKE]Jan 2019[/STRIKE] - DFD 28 Feb 2021
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Hi mummy, hope your ok, hope the office move has gone well.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Hellllooooo diary!!

Actually never thought id go over a week without posting! Same old story so busy I havent even had time to scratch my @rse!! I think we have taken on too much all at the same time but nearly there now.

Weve moved into our new office, still need to go back to the old one as theres some stuff waiting to be collected by various people. Its been tough and its really taken it out of me. Imagine having an office that used to be staffed with 42 employees and having to pack and get rid of stuff for 4 people going forward one of which is off having an operation! Theres been 2 of us doing it and im totally worn out with it now, hence why ive not been on here.

Also had no IT for 2 days so had to bring my laptop home to catch up. Didnt have to but I knew it would play on my mind. Caught up for 2 hours last night whilst the kids were in bed and feel better now.

Cant remember if I mentioned weve pulled the wall between the kitchen and dining room down. Its not too messy but thats on hold until DH's friend comes to move the boiler.

Its DD's birthday tomorrow so weve got all her party etc to sort. DH did the cake last night, it looks fab. I need to bake the buns today at some point.

In the last week ive been out 2 nights, one with the kids at a Halloween party and the other meeting up with colleagues. Not the best week to do it really!! Monday weve got a street firework party going on and then next weekend the kids have got back to back parties on Saturday!

Didnt think I had anything money to report but I do. DH has got himself a new job within the org and got a £6k payrise to go with it :D :T!!!

So life really is hectic at the moment. Feels good that everything is going in the right direction but how busy we are seems to have increased about 12 times as much! I actually thought to myself when I was working if this is what happens we get more responsibility im not sure I want it :rotfl:!!

We are going to have a good blowout Christmas with DH's payrise and then knuckle down from New Year! Eeeekkkkk as if we are in November already.

Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

• pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Glad to hear everything is going well if a little hectic.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • OrangeFairy
    OrangeFairy Posts: 2,630 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi MTG

You seem to be doing well even if everything is hectic!

I hope your DD has a wonderful birthday.

Well done to hubby for his new job and lovely pay rise. We are the same at the moment. We are going to have a lovely Xmas and then start crazily debtbusting in the new year. :j
    Orange Fairy
    House Purchased April 19 :) CC1=? CC2=? DH CC= Mortgage Overpay = £0 Savings = £0 Xmas savings = £0 Weightloss = 0 lb

• LivvyLoo_2
    Options
    Hi Mummy,

WAHOOOO to DH's new job :j what lovely news to finish the year with.

Hope DD has a great birthday, my DD has a list of birthdays for November and one is some twins she goes to school with...does that mean I have to buy two pressies! The cheek of it lol.

xx
    LBM March 2011 - [STRIKE]Joint Debt £46k[/STRIKE]
    Current Personal Debt £0 :j
    Groceries £152.51/230,Pot Balance £1564.02
    Christmas Savings £200, £2 savings £24
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Evening Diary,

Just thought id pop in for a quick catch up!

Thanks for all your lovely comments. Its nice to feel like everything is going in the right direction after a hard slog of a few years!

Well my friend has added me to this butchers group on facebook today. Looks like some good deals so I think il order for payday and see what I think! Thought you would like to know that haha!!

Nothing much to report moneywise. Will update the figures when I get a minute, they wont have changed much anyway just making minimum payments!

I am working from home tomorrow as ive got something to attend at DD's school in the morning. Its always nice to have a day working from home and DH's friend is coming to move the boiler.

Right think thats all from me. Hope everyones had a fab week so far, Thursday tomorrow already!!! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• mummytogirls
    Options
    Afternoon Diary,

Just updated my figures. Cannot believe weve paid a little over £30 off this month just paying the minimum! Shocking isnt it, dont know why it still shocks me all these years down the line.
    After Christmas when we use DH's payrise to pay off extra we should find ourselves getting somewhere. I really want to nail this now, its gone on too long!

Well weve had a situation! DH's friend came to move the boiler today and lets say it hasnt gone to plan! Weve had a leak and all water got into the smoke alarm in the kitchen so that was going off for ages. Its a wired on one and there was nothing we could do about it !!!!!!!! His friend is now working the night shift and you want to see the state of my kitchen! Whos idea was it to move the boiler !!!!!!!! Anyway its done now, not sure when he can come back and sort it, soon hopefully theres wires everywhere.

So I was supposed to be doing a joint of beef for tea. That idea has gone right out the window so I will freeze that and probably stick a pizza and some garlic bread in! What a nightmare!

Think thats all from me! Hope everyones ok xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family