Options

Comments

• lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2012 at 1:51PM
    Options
    It's beyond me why they do this.
    GRRR.......if you don't understand it then PLEASE do not lie to the rest of us about it.

I absolutely would NOT advise checking this or advise anyone to rely on it, but I absolutely do not like you making stuff up and pretending it's true simple because "it's beyond you" to understand any other way !!!!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,617 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be fair, if they are actually doing that, it might be one of the first cases in recorded history of a credit card company doing so...
    That doesn't justify telling lies and defaming a company simply because any other thoughts are "beyond" someone.

If grumbler doesn't know then they shouldnt jsut make it up !!!
  • sparky0138
    Options
    Another question for those in the know - pretty straight forward this time. Aqua have sent me a statement and say that I owe £162 but I've been making payments and keeping up with my transactions when they are posted online so I don't actually owe that amount. When I activated my card I set up a direct debit to pay off any balance in full. Will Aqua take the £162 when the payment is due (so that I end up being in credit) or will they take into account any payments that have been made before the due date? Thanks.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    In my experience even a payment made 2 weeks before the payment date had not affected the amount taken by the DD.
  • Gromitt
    Gromitt Posts: 5,063 Forumite
    Options
    sparky0138 wrote: »
    When I activated my card I set up a direct debit to pay off any balance in full.

When I setup my DD, they told me that they would always take the direct debit amount regardless of any other payments and I had to agree to that before they agreed to setup the DD.

So they'll take whatever it says on your statement. If it says "We'll take £162 from your bank account via direct debit", then thats what they'll take. If it puts your card in credit, you can ask for a refund afterwards, but its probably easier to just spend it.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes they take the full amount on the statement regardless of any payments made between the statement date and the payment due date.

However if you call them up at least 5 days before the payment is due you can ask them to adjust the DD.
  • luci
    luci Posts: 5,958 Forumite
    Options
    I got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying my credit limit was going to be increased within 40 days of the date of the letter, which would have been Xmas Eve. I called them up to confirm the date and they said they would apply it with immediate effect.

OH didn't get a letter so called them. They said not everyone gets an increase and he hadn't been using the card for 6 months yet. He has actually been using it for a month longer than me, has practically the same spend on it and pays it the same way, ie usually before the statement is issued. I know because I pay both accounts.

Their website says 6 months before an increase will be considered, the leaflet that came with the card says 3 months and their FAQ's says 4 months
    An initial credit limit of £250 - £1,600 and a possible increase after 4 months

Anyway, the website has allowed me to request a credit limit increase so will see if that is granted.
  • sparky0138
    Options
    Thanks for your answers, guys.
    Gromitt wrote: »
    If it puts your card in credit, you can ask for a refund afterwards, but its probably easier to just spend it.

I agree, I think that's what I'll do.
  • Uplink
    Uplink Posts: 246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    luci wrote: »
    I got a letter a couple of weeks ago saying my credit limit was going to be increased within 40 days of the date of the letter, which would have been Xmas Eve. I called them up to confirm the date and they said they would apply it with immediate effect.

OH didn't get a letter so called them. They said not everyone gets an increase and he hadn't been using the card for 6 months yet. He has actually been using it for a month longer than me, has practically the same spend on it and pays it the same way, ie usually before the statement is issued. I know because I pay both accounts

What are the spending patterns on the two cards? Who's card is paying the household bills? Any one of you having debts? How about individual bills, like mobile phones? Any card constantly near the limit? How about constantly having a low balance? Is any of the cards used a lot more, and paid early so it can be used again before the DD is taken?

I'm interesting the broad picture for my own statistical purposes. I wonder what makes them give someone an unsolicited increase early on, but reject another one.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    Options
    My next payment date still says 26/11/2012, and my amount left to spend hasn't been updated to reflect my direct debit payment. >_>
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure