Help- How do I cancel my Equifax account?

Options

Comments

• minty76
    Options
    Used the 0800 1214752 number, got straight through to a very helpful Irish girl. Asked to cancel and had a confirmation email almost as soon as the very brief call was over.

Nice one Miss P !
  • loustar0480
    loustar0480 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I used the 0844 number and got through to a mexican lady who tried to talk me back in but I used her own tone back at her and managed to complete my cancellation within 3 minutes. dont take no brown sticky stuff and make sure they know nothing will make you change your mind, and they have to do what you say. If you cant be persuaded they have no power over you.
  • alias123
    alias123 Posts: 160 Forumite
    Options
    AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH! I'm ready ro tear my hair out. Been on the phone twice in two months trying to cancel. Each time they keep trying to put the blame back on you. How, if twice in two months I have called to cancel is it my fault? Equifax I do not want your products, stop debiting my card. I'm just going to report it lost/stolen! :(
  • Michael_Nottingham
    Options
    Further to my comment above they confirmed I had cancelled and said they would fix the problem and I have had the money credited back to my bank account :)

Shame they couldn't do it originally but hopefully this time its finally resolved

Bit happier now
  • skintandsad
    skintandsad Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    minty76 wrote: »
    Used the 0800 1214752 number, got straight through to a very helpful Irish girl. Asked to cancel and had a confirmation email almost as soon as the very brief call was over.

Nice one Miss P !

Thanks for this info - I used this number, and it worked no probs :T
    I'm a nutter :j
  • has anyone else noticed that the direct debit details don't show up on your online banking?
    I am trying to cancel my experian dd and cannot do it through my bank. in their faqs, it tells you how to cancel it, but when you go through the process the question ..."cancelling" doesn't appear in the drop-down box?
  • louisejansen
    Options
    I opened my account today, stupidy paid £15 for a credit report i already had from experian.

I also phoned the 0800 number spoke to a lady who cancelled my account BUT she did ask where i got the number from as she dealt with fraudulent claims lol.. ah well she did it for me anyway but the proper number to call is 0844 3350550

( i have just had a confirmation email saying cancelled )
  • in2deep_2
    in2deep_2 Posts: 343 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When i cancelled mine i just told them the card that i registered with them was no longer valid (cancelled) so they had little choice but to cancel it.
    If you use a debit card always make sure you also stop the payment your end.
    'Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship'. -Benjamin Franklin.
  • Cappuccino
    Options
    Hi. Wow. I phoned 0800 1214752. Got a very polite Irish guy. I told him I had took up the free trial but I didn't find it useful enough. He didn't give me any hard sell, just briefly said that they have another rate of £3.49 per month would I be interested? I said no, so he confirmed a few security details and then cancelled it straight away, just got the email confirming that.

The entire process took less than 4 minutes from picking up the phone to finishing writing this post!

Now just creditexpert.co.uk to cancel tomorrow, and hopefully that's £25 cashback for nowt! ;p
    Capp.

• toitoi2u
    Options
    0844 335 0550, choosing option 3, between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure