Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Mine states exactly the same so it does indicate it's come from the third party verifiers.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I edited my post.
    Unless the switch occurs at a set time and they adjust the figures that they have to that time.
    That might explain the decimal place.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have never known any supplier use a reading which includes a decimal point, and I cannot believe that the Data Collectors would provide an estimate reading with a decimal point. Bear in mind, that the difference in cost is marginal. It is more likely another c&&K up.

Just seen this on Trustpilot (posted today)

Eventually my on line meter point for Gas appeared in my Iresa account. Some numpty within Iresa used an opening Gas reading that I never gave them, ignoring the figures I had given them three times previously and claimed it was the IGT that supplied them with this inaccurate read. This reading was one taken from April 2014, how can that be? You might ask and one for the life of me can not understand. You can imagine what the difference is now some three years on. Iresa refused to believe my own reading and now showing 668 pounds in debt for Gas that I have already paid to my previous supplier. Ofgem refuse to get involved unless the case goes over eight weeks and untill then I am liable for this cost because the ones that eventually do answer the phones don't know how to correct it. This should not be allowed to happen let alone continue for this long without being brought to order. So much for government adverts encouraging you to Switch when they themselves are issuing licences to companies like Iresa that are causing so much stress for switching your gas and electricity. Thank you Iresa for the torture you have put me through this last two months.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    I have never known any supplier use a reading which includes a decimal point, and I cannot believe that the Data Collectors would provide an estimate reading with a decimal point. Bear in mind, that the difference in cost is marginal. It is more likely another c&&K up.

I entirely agree with you which is why I'm still pushing on with the complaint until I receive a satisfactory and believable explanation from Iresa.

All they've said so far is the following which I do not and will not accept and it completely avoids answering the crucial question which I want them to answer as to how this could possibly have happened:-
    The electricity reading sent to your previous supplier was 6066.9. However, the reading you provided was 6063. Given that the unit difference is about 4 units, we are unable to raise a meter reading dispute to amend the opening reading. The required unit difference to raise a meter reading dispute is 250 units. As a result, we are unfortunately unable to dispute the reading. Rest assured that we will begin to calculate your consumption charges from the meter reading we have used for your supply start date.
    .....and those are the facts of the case against Iresa Limited M'Lud. :rotfl:
  • System
    edited 22 April 2017 at 10:19AM
    Options
    I entirely agree with you which is why I'm still pushing on with the complaint until I receive a satisfactory and believable explanation from Iresa.

All they've said so far is the following which I do not and will not accept and it completely avoids answering the crucial question which I want them to answer as to how this could possibly have happened:-

.....and those are the facts of the case against Iresa Limited M'Lud. :rotfl:

Iresa is correct, but..... As the gaining supplier, they have a duty to get your old supplier to agree to use the reading (decimal point 'n' all) for final billing purposes. I doubt that this will happen. I am beginning to wonder whether this is all down to what I think is Iresa's use of a US-based IT package.

A quick check of electricity supplier sites in the US, NZ and AU all note that any readings in RED or right of the decimal point are for meter getting purposes only. and should be ignored.
  • youravinalarrrf
    Options
    I know they are correct in what they have said and that they can't raise a dispute in this instance but they have avoided stating where the 6066.9 reading came from...particularly the point nine.

Malc the rep from EON has already confirmed EON only use whole kWh for both meter readings and billing which explains why EON only used 6066 for my final EON bill.

It would seem that the process for ensuring that the meter readings are the same with both the gaining and losing suppliers is itself flawed if point anything of a kWh has somehow been allowed to worm it's way into the process?
  • icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Will Iresa e-mail us each month to request meter readings? Last month I pre-empted their request and sent readings. This month they seem to be overdue with a request.
    I don't know whether I should wait or pre-empt matters again!
  • youravinalarrrf
    youravinalarrrf Posts: 575 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 April 2017 at 7:53AM
    Options
    icharus wrote: »
    Will Iresa e-mail us each month to request meter readings? Last month I pre-empted their request and sent readings. This month they seem to be overdue with a request.
    I don't know whether I should wait or pre-empt matters again!

They should do although I've not received my reminder emails this month so far.

Unless a miracle has happened I'm expecting that this will create even more incorrectly calculated gas bills which will result in even more self inflicted customer complaints which Iresa will have to log, handle, resolve and eventually respond to and the queues on the phone will get even longer.

I've found the easiest way is to ignore the email reminder and submit my meter readings on the last day of every month. Doing it that way ensures that you get bills covering a full calendar month which then allows you to compare your usage with the same months in past or future years.

Put reminders in your diary or on your calendar to prompt you to submit the readings.
  • System
    Options
    They should do although I've not received my reminder emails this month so far.

Unless a miracle has happened I'm expecting that this will create even more incorrectly calculated gas bills which will result in even more self inflicted customer complaints which Iresa will have to log, handle, resolve and eventually respond to and the queues on the phone will get even longer.

I've found the easiest way is to ignore the email reminder and submit my meter readings on the last day of every month. Doing it that way ensures that you get bills covering a full calendar month which then allows you to compare your usage with the same months in past or future years.

Put reminders in your diary or on your calendar to prompt you to submit the readings.

I am rather hoping that they have been told by Ofgem to resolve their gas billing issues before asking for any more gas meter readings. At the moment, whenever a gas reading is entered it automatically updates the My Transactions page which still seems to be using an incorrect multiplier. The longer this sorry saga goes on; the deeper the billing error hole gets, and the more difficult it will be for Iresa to resolve.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Looking at Iresa's Tweets with Replies, something has prodded them into action on Friday; possibly (33 tweets and replies); NB. data not gauranteed; NB2. this doesn't prove a thing.

C-GCOGVWAAAbNaX.jpg
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure