Ebico RHE

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was a RHE electricity customer and have switched to Ebico Zero (same unit price minus the standing charge) and my supply has now officially switched.

All my previous meter readings from the past year with RHE are listed in my Ebico online account too. I think this may be because the "account.ebico.org.uk" website is run on the same servers as RHE's own customers accounts so it looks like certain data is being passed over. Whether this is intentionally or just a bug in their system who knows.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    I was a RHE electricity customer and have switched to Ebico Zero (same unit price minus the standing charge) and my supply has now officially switched.

All my previous meter readings from the past year with RHE are listed in my Ebico online account too. I think this may be because the "account.ebico.org.uk" website is run on the same servers as RHE's own customers accounts so it looks like certain data is being passed over. Whether this is intentionally or just a bug in their system who knows.

RHE supplied you and you are still supplied by RHE so its not that surprising :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    RHE supplied you and you are still supplied by RHE so its not that surprising :)

Yes I'm aware of that but I still had to go through a "switch" to effectively change tariff.
  • trickytree1963
    Options
    Are you sure you are getting the same unit rate on Ebico Zero as you were with RHE but no SC as I can't see the Ebico unit rates being the same at all , in fact unit rates are higher. Generates a saving if you are a low user because of Zero SC but unit rates are higher.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited 7 July 2017 at 1:28PM
    Options
    Are you sure you are getting the same unit rate on Ebico Zero as you were with RHE but no SC as I can't see the Ebico unit rates being the same at all , in fact unit rates are higher. Generates a saving if you are a low user because of Zero SC but unit rates are higher.

I was on RHE Prime v3 at roughly 13p per unit but when that came to an end in May I was moved to the Evergreen tariff at 16.47.xxp per unit + 26.xxp standing charge. Ebico Zero is 16.47.xxp per unit + 00p standing charge. No brainier. :)

Can't remember what the saving is now, but uSwitch was showing me a saving based on my last years KWH usage.
  • NoNoDrama
    NoNoDrama Posts: 237 Forumite
    edited 7 July 2017 at 6:57PM
    Options
    The whole Ebico thing is so !!!!ing confusing.

Had an email earlier in the year saying no longer part of SSE.

Had another e-mail saying ooops we're not allowed to break away when on fixed tariff you still are with SSE.

SSE are taking care of my bills etc fine.

I mentioned Ebico to the girl on the phone she didn't have a clue.

What happens when my fixed tariff ends - is that when the SSE service stops? I'm on their no standing charge gas service, I don't use gas as the supply is blocked off (was only gas fire but condemned everything electric now) . But still have to drag the meter around with me which is a pain in the !!!!.
  • pinkladyvenus
    pinkladyvenus Posts: 373 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have just received my first bill, but the opening readings are different from the ones I submitted for both my gas and electric. I also received an estimated bill and received no request to provide a meter reading (other than the opening one)
    Sealed pot challenge member 437
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    NoNoDrama wrote: »

Had another e-mail saying ooops we're not allowed to break away when on fixed tariff you still are with SSE.

What happens when my fixed tariff ends - is that when the SSE service stops? I'm on their no standing charge gas service, I don't use gas as the supply is blocked off (was only gas fire but condemned everything electric now) . But still have to drag the meter around with me which is a pain in the !!!!.

Have the meter removed then you won't get any bills at all but I'm not sure how easy that is or at all possible. When I had a gas supply put in it was another 6 months before I got meter and in that time I didn't have to register with any energy company.

My gas supply is with Ebico via the old SSE tariff and my recent bill still has the Ebico logo and and EquiGas as the tariff name. I Thought SSE dumped Ebico and were changing the name of the Ebico tariffs to SSE Zero? Thats what they said in a letter months ago.
  • WhoIsThat
    WhoIsThat Posts: 234 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NoNoDrama wrote: »

I can fully appreciate how "!!!!ing" confused you obviously are.

Allow me to assist.
    Ebico (whilst in partnership with SSE) never offered any fixed tariffs.

So presumably you were not even supplied by Ebico, but probably are supplied by SSE.

In relation to what happens at the expiry of a fixed tariff, the supplier will move you to their (expensive) standard variable tariff unless you elect something different.

The supplier should conatct you 49-42 days prior to the expiry of any fixed contract, and that would be an opportune time to consult a comparison site (if you don't do so earlier)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure