IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking - Letter Before County Court Claim (LBCCC) - Fight back! Guidance Thread

Options

Comments

• Village_idiot82
    Options
    Forums.moneysavingexpert.com/ showthread.php?p=66733638#post66733638

I need some help please. Can you please check out the thread (remove the spaces to follow :)
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Village_idiot82 - if you've started your own new Thread you needn't post here too.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• goldneye
    Options
    I have just received an LBCCC from PE. They have included new information in their letter which was not in previous letters as given in examples. Can I post my letter here (removing all personal info!) or start a new thread?

Thanks in advance.
  • BenefitMaster
    Options
    goldneye wrote: »
    I have just received an LBCCC from PE. They have included new information in their letter which was not in previous letters as given in examples. Can I post my letter here (removing all personal info!) or start a new thread?

Thanks in advance.

If it's a new case, then it's a new thread.

Make sure you read the Newbies thread first as well.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 March 2018 at 2:13AM
    Options
    goldneye wrote: »

Thanks in advance.
    Yes start a new thread.

STOP!!!!!

Did you not notice, this thread is from 2013??

2013!

Do not read parking threads that are this old, the legal arguments have long since changed and the pre-action protocol was updated in 2017.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, DO NOT READ OLD THREADS

You are just TWO clicks away from the current advice and live forum help.

See my signature, below...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • helpmeplease123123
    Options
    2 Not the driver? - Reset the POPLA clock If you are the Registered Keeper, but you were NOT the driver at the time of the 'parking event', you have the opportunity to reset the POPLA clock by identifying the driver. In that case you write to the PPC, acknowledging the LBA, and tell them the driver's name and address.

See post 13 below for sample letters

Please help me find the sample letters as quoted above and in crabmans thread

many thanks
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    edited 13 January 2015 at 12:46PM
    Options
    It's actually post #10.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=63425593&postcount=10

See also your own thread.
  • helpmeplease123123
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking time to point me there, you are very kind!
  • Teepsghp
    Teepsghp Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the information on this thread.

I have posted my own thread and there is a slight hiccup that I don't think is mentioned in the body of the thread (It is nearly 1am, I am going to read it in more detail when my eyes aren't closing).

Parking Eye are sending letters to an address I am not at, and due to following some old advice, the letter was destroyed so I don't have their reference etc. But it appears I am going to have to write to them to tell them they have sent me a letter at a relative's address which has been misplaced, and I'm thinking tell them that I am the registered keeper of the vehicle in question and give my current address, and that I have never received any correspondence from them and ask that they send me whatever correspondence they have to my address.

2 concerns. The 14 day period, will it halt them taking court action if they are informed that they have been sending correspondence to an incorrect address and I don't have it.... and the second being that I have ignored a few threatening letters from them in the past... am I going to have to fight off all of them, or just the one they are threatening to take me to court for currently?

My thread is titled Parking Eye - chasing from over 1 year ago. I will check that and this thread for any responses.

Thanks in advance.
  • lemurville
    Options
    This post promises to be very helpful. Unfortunately the text at the top scrolls off the page so I cannot read all of it. I have tried using Chrome and Safari.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure