fighting my way out of the misery, moody,mayhem muddle.

Options

Comments

• psychopathbabble
    Options
    I use mineral foundation and it's great.... easy to put on and doesn't look fake, you can put on a bit at a time until you get the coverage you want. It's apparently better for your skin too.

Mmmm not really sure what I want to grow, everything and nothing! Have some flower seeds ready to put in the garden when we eventually get round to sorting it out (go away rain!) but no idea where to start with veg and it has to be cheap.

I know exactly what you mean about changing image and not being able to afford it, everything in my wardrobe is tired and old (except one or two things) and I would simply love £2000 to go shopping for a whole new wardrobe, I would change my whole image and lean more towards the whole dita von teese type thing (although on a much smaller scale!!) Unfortunately that dream has to wait until I stop wasting money and pay off my debts.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I buy my mineral make up from here, highly recommend them. Lasts for ages and it's far nicer on my skin than liquid.

Why not try the pages on Gok Wan's page on Channel 4 here (towards the bottom of the page), might give you some ideas on how to dress or at least give you some inspiration.

I've written a list of all the things I'd like to add to my rather tired and limited wardrobe. Could you try selling anything on ebay to build up some pennies that you could then spend on some key items via ebay? Always check out your local charity shops, if you live close enough to any affluent areas you might some decent stuff in there.

I have always bought random items without any thought as to what would go with it. I helped my mum go through her wardrobe for the same reason as you and made a list of what she needed to go with the exisitng pieces she had.

You could also try Freecycle/Freegle, I see bags of clothes being given away, might be a gem hiding in a bag of unwanted stuff.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • psychopathbabble
    Options

I've written a list of all the things I'd like to add to my rather tired and limited wardrobe. Could you try selling anything on ebay to build up some pennies that you could then spend on some key items via ebay? Always check out your local charity shops, if you live close enough to any affluent areas you might some decent stuff in there.

I get my minerals from lily lolo website.

Thats a good idea Bitsy but I hate everything in my wardrobe right now! :cool: Definitely worth a look around tho robsmum.
    Became Mrs Scotland 16.01.16 :heart:Became homeowners 26.02.16 :heart:Baby girl arrived 27.10.16 :heart:Baby boy arrived 16.09.2018
  • robsmum_2
    robsmum_2 Posts: 1,753 Forumite
    Options
    Physcopathbabble: I would be terrified if I had £2000 to go and revamp me! I'd be so scared I'd pay my debts off instead.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

To start you of growing things how about nastursiums and sun flowers for flowers. Both need minimal care and are quick. For fruit and veg I started with a tomatoe in a pot cost me 30p from a carboot sale. All it needed was to go into a big pot, stick a cane in to support it and then tried to remember to water it. Was thrilled to get tomatoes. It totally inspired me.

Bitsy: I haven't got anything left to Ebay now- I got rid of everything early in New Year. I love the charity shops but round here have yet to find anything I like, have success though when we go to my brothers in Hertfordshire. I live in a fairly affluent area - we've got lots of posh commuters now but I think they hang on to their stuff! The lady I work for spent more on a hat for Ascot than she pays me in a month.:rotfl::eek::eek::eek:

Found all my notebooks for all my things to get me back on track - it helped getting the table cleared and will look at Gok tonight. Off now to tackle the ironing pile.
    Debt at start of DMP 1/6/09: £2942 - £1942
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
    £2 saving plan:-
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    I know the feeling! MrS bought me two bikinis the other day as an early birthday present and for our holiday... he refuses to let me only wear my perfectly fine asda ones. The two he bought me cost £56!!! I felt so guilty as I couldn't justify it.

I've got some sunflower seeds (they are my favourites!), and some other random ones that were cheap, just need to get out in the garden now. Hmmm maybe I'm just making the growing veg thing more difficult in my head than it really is!

I live in Herts... maybe I should start charity shop hunting!
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Physcopathbabble:
    Sun flowers are my favourite also. Much to the amusement of my OH and BIL I have about 12 all germinated and am going to plant them at the back of my pond. They both accused me of being a child!:mad: My reply was I was making the inner child happy and the birds.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Got most of the ironing done yesterday and also up dated my spending diary for March - quite a good thing to get me back on track!

This afternoon am going to do a freezer inventory, the remainder of the ironing and maybe a bit of gardening. Having been at work this morning am quite tired now but hopefully once I have had some lunch I'll get a second wind.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Do you ever take the seeds out and eat them? Can't wait to stick my seeds out there and watch them grow.... and there is nothing wrong with being a child at heart!

Nice work with the spending diary, I need to be more honest with mine. Hope you have a nice afternoon.
  • robsmum_2
    Options
    Day off again, so another week has just flown by. The plan today is to do the weekly housework blitz and then start sanding down the kitchen cupboard doors.
    Have decided to actually make a start on the project kitchen as it's a bit of a big one - I have somehow got OH onboard for this and he's going to help at the end of the month when we're on holiday.:eek:

Financial:
    Still very tight but am more aware now I have got my spending diary back on track. Did manage to pay phone bill last week and still end the week with £6.
    Having done the freezer inventory and found all the lurkers have decided to do minimal shopping and use up freezer stuff, sadly we have so much chicken we'll be clucking:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Job:
    Still nothing but at least I'm looking more determindley again.

Health and Wellbeing:
    Got smoking to about 10 a day:j:j:j that should help financially soon also.
    Have started back with babysteps in looking after myself.

Creativity:
    The writing case/stationary holder went down very well as the birthday gift. Am going to do another one as a Christmas gift.
    Have started the collage for BIL's birthday and so far that's working. Have never done one in my life! This is a real challenge as it started life as a clip art picture and now is about the size of a laptop screen. Have to keep putting it away (not a bad thing as it helps keep the clutter down) BIL pops in most nights and is always interested in my projects.:eek:

More later.
    Buffer Zone 1; £84 -
  • psychopathbabble
    Options
    Hope everything is going well Robsmum! The collage sounds fun... and photos are always a great present.

Well done on the smoking front! :)
  • savvyshe
    savvyshe Posts: 96 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Robsmum, just read your diary and am impressed by your determination to be debt free. I too am trying to sort by debts out and am 54 this year you have inspired me to keep plodding on. I also like homemaking crafts baking and sewing so I feel we have a lot in common. I work as a teaching assistant in a primary school and love it after being in a boring job for years I regret the time wasted. Have you considered this type of work? Its not well paid but very rewarding. Hope you dont mind me joining in your diary, I am also not very technically minded and don't know how to subscribe to a diary (have tried before unsuccesfully)but would like to if you could point me in the right direction. Keep up the good work with th no smoking.
    M&S 2,200.00
    Barclaycard £3840.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family