Next MSE Collective Switch Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Anyone any experience of using this company. My MSE deal is also coming to an end and this seems to be the cheapest deal and not too bad customer reviews on Trustpilot. Any one on the Forum used them??
  • jamier
    Options
    My Collective Fix also ends on 3.10.17 and the indications are that both gas and electricity will rise horrendously. I suppose I was only expecting electricity to rise after the BG increase but as the fix was dual fuel I will be hit hard by both! Can MSE get an agreement with BG that gas remains fixed ie a Single fuel fix?

Or have I got my head in a muddle?
  • shazzablue
    shazzablue Posts: 146 Forumite
    Options
    like other posters bg have doubled my payments,my collective switch comes to an end 3rd October...energy club can only offer inflated deals at the moment...I checked confused.com and they have a much reduced tarrif for the same companies as energy club!....shop around folks!
  • oligopoly
    oligopoly Posts: 389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    shazzablue wrote: »
    like other posters bg have doubled my payments,my collective switch comes to an end 3rd October...energy club can only offer inflated deals at the moment...I checked confused.com and they have a much reduced tarrif for the same companies as energy club!....shop around folks!

I've just tried it and Confused appear to offer the same prices that the Energy Club does ?!
    Increasingly money-conscious
    :cool:
  • shazzablue
    Options
    I,m getting cheaper prices on confused but will check all other energy comparison websites...I,m a £111 per year more with energy club for the same company!..green network energy....my dd at present is £58 a month with,bg...with gne it will rise to £62.all very confusing.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    My collective is coming to end during October. BG are increasing their prices by by over £200 per year so it will be bye bye BG.

The best deals that I am seeing on MSE energy club is with companies that I have never heard of; one of which is Green network energy. I will wait for a few weeks and hopefully MSE will report a new collective.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 August 2017 at 5:58PM
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    The best deals that I am seeing on MSE energy club is with companies that I have never heard of; one of which is Green network energy. I will wait for a few weeks and hopefully MSE will report a new collective.

I may be mistaken but I think that you will find that MSE has heard of this particular supplier.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/energy/2017/04/its-on-slash-your-energy-bill-by-280year

Correction:

I am wrong. MSE signed up with Green Star, and Green Network Energy is another new supplier. No doubt different from the rest etc etc etc. It is getting difficult to keep up with the number of suppliers that Ofgem is awarding aupply licences to at the moment. They must be desperate for the £450 registration fees.

https://greennetworkenergy.co.uk/who-are-we/

British energy with Italian flair.
  • Pedro1877
    Options
    I have posted this on another thread. Only found this one today.

• 22nd Aug 17, 10:02 AM

"We hope you'll decide to stay withus but, as your fixed contract is ending, you can move to a different supplier without any notice or paying an exit fee

If you decide to switch you will keep your current prices until:
    1. you switch to one of our other tariffs ...... You have got to be joking!:D
    2. you switch to another supplier and they tell us you'd like to switch within 20 days after your current tariff ends. The switch then needs to be completed in a reasonable time.

You can move to a different supplier without paying any exit fees from the 13th August

We may refuse the switch if you owe us money unless you pay what you owe within 30 working days of our refusal."
  • ThePirates
    Options
    I had the same issue - BG DD increase because of their forecast usage against the new prices. I told them I would be leaving at the end of this deal and them put my DD back down to what it's been all year. They are still going to owe me £80 at the end of it.

Just waiting for the next collective fix or I'll just have to go with the top of the best picks at the beginning of September.
  • PaulW2246
    Options
    "We’re hoping to run another collective switch later this year, but as yet we’re not able to confirm dates. The energy market has been challenging in recent months, so there’s no guarantee that we’ll be successful.

Although we’ll always aim to beat it, the cheapest deal available today may not be available by the time we next hold a collective. You can either fix and lock in your prices now to be safe, or hold on to see if we can negotiate a better deal."

Thanks,
    MSE Laura

In other words, 'you're on your own now'. Thanks a bundle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure