Cinema Free Tickets and Films Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• redagila
    redagila Posts: 6,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It's about time this discussion ended - I suggest if any of you want to carry it on you do it via pm.
  • Weasel_Watcher
    Options
    steve9872 wrote: »
    Well that's an interesting post. It completely ignores that fact that we were all several steps ahead of you and provided the solution to your problem. You said repeatedly that "You don't understand" the problem. Trouble is we already knew that what you were doing, namely trying to get the mobile site working, was a total waste of time. We skipped ahead to the solution and your reply was always "You don't understand".
    You appear to have finally taken some of our suggestions and passed them off as your own. Trouble is you are very very late to the party and are fooling no-one.
    You might find this page useful in solving your iPhone problem
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=YA3gVKpshv3zB8D2gZAM&gws_rd=ssl#q=iphone+browser+setting+desktop+page

*Sigh! Have you read any of this? I honestly despair. How is "select desktop site" any help, if you're not one of the users that is able to access this? For starters, it doesn't explain anything (browser/platform), for he people who it will work for, let alone even acknowledge the people who if won't. Same with the iPhone "solution", in my link. It's no use to me whatsoever, so to keep repeating it as if I'm somehow missing something obvious is just ignorant.

What is wrong with people?
  • Weasel_Watcher
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    It's about time this discussion ended - I suggest if any of you want to carry it on you do it via pm.

I agree. I still hope people will continue to post solutions if they have any. It's quite unbelievable the way this has developed.
  • steve9872
    Options
    *Sigh! Have you read any of this? I honestly despair. How is "select desktop site" any help, if you're not one of the users that is able to access this? For starters, it doesn't explain anything (browser/platform), for he people who it will work for, let alone even acknowledge the people who if won't. Same with the iPhone "solution", in my link. It's no use to me whatsoever, so to keep repeating it as if I'm somehow missing something obvious is just ignorant.

What is wrong with people?
    You need to look in a mirror when you say that.

Yes the answers were simplistic, but anyone with an ounce of sense would have realised that those trying to help are not likely to be using the same phone or browser, so any instructions detailing the steps would be meaningless to anyone but the poster.
    Telling you where to need to arrive at was the only way to be certain you knew what to look for on your system and gave you a chance to look up various other sites that detail how to achieve exactly that for your phone.

What was wrong with the link I posted earlier? The search parameters were simple enough and produced many promising links. You could even modify the search for your model phone. Its not difficult. I don't see how an internet savvy person could still be having a problem with this.
  • steve9872
    Options
    Now all that above being said, there are other browsers where downloading the desktop site is possible. Opera Mobile - not mini - is one such browser and will load onto older phones which chrome won't touch. Chrome needs android 4.1 or later, I have opera on android 2.2.2 and it works fine.
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    Anyone wanna chat about movies?
  • LouFace
    LouFace Posts: 487 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone wanna chat about movies?

Oh dear God, please.

I'm off to see The Martian tomorrow night. Saw the trailer for the first time yesterday, it looks like it's going to be good.
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    Yeah I've got 2 or 3 coming up this week. Martian, Intern and something else... I think
  • Hotstone69
    Options
    I have just had to return two tickets to The Martian for Edinburgh tonight at 18.15pm. Gutted.:(
  • geordie_ben
    Options
    Martian last night at the Metro Centre

I think there was one empty seat

Cracking movie, some great scenes, some nice funny surprised

My only negative is the end seemed a bit rushed/cut
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income