NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Yesterday was not NSD - woke up unable to open one eye much, as it was all sore and red and the eyelid was swollen. Went down a bit when I bathed it with cooled water, but I thought a trip to get 0ptrex or similar was probably in order as it kept puffing back up. Trip to Tesc0 with smallest ensued, where I got some eyedrops from the pharmacy and also some shopping (we were out of 2 sorts of cereal anyway and I had baked scones and had no cream!!)

Budget spending so far this month now looks like this:
    Personal care £32
    Gifts £1.50 (bday card for boss)
    Toiletries & Cleaning £11.94
    Groceries: £42.24

OH is out for the day with DS1 at a uni open day - which will involve lunch for the both of them. They have taken coffee in thermal mugs for the journey down.

Today should be NSD for me at home with smalls - some housework and homework are on the agenda, together with making sure school bags are ready for Monday morning back to school (thankfully I'm not back in at work until lunchtime, so it won't be a rush on Monday morning) I also want to get some meaningful exercise achieved today! :)

x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today hasn't been a NSD - I needed to buy pet stuff, a gift for a friend's son's first birthday, something for my dad for father's day and some hay fever meds. I was able to cover part of the cost of the meds with b00ts points so that saved £5.

Went for an hour's walk with a friend and her dogs and am now just chilling in the sun in the garden. Today probably won't be a healthy day as we have shop-bought pizza for dinner but I don't care!

Today I am grateful for good weather and good friends :)
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,066.55 as of 04/24
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today hasn't been a NSD as the OH declared he couldn't possibly have a BBQ without beer! So £20 spent on him (decided he'd have to test BBQ with lamb steak and burgers too! I'm just having usages I defrosted this morning.

So, it would have been a NSD otherwise.

I've not done any exercise today - been cleaning the house and sorting out the washing (hoping to get a big chunk of it done). On the plus side I cheekily stepped on the scales and I'm two pounds down from last week (official weigh day is a Monday) so it's looking good!!!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    AS predicted a child climbed up the scaffolding last night and couldn't get back down. Had to be rescued by C and another neighbour. No idea who she was but perhaps it'll put the others off a bit (probably not, though).
    Bit of a longer walk today still not far enough. Hoping to get into it properly again next Tuesday.
    It was Gala Day in the town today so bought a home made apple pie and a pineapple cake from one of the charity stalls. Delicious but won't do the weight loss any good. Still, all in a good cause.
    Hope you#re feeling better, Misstara
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did our big shop today so not a NSD. Spent more than we intended - £79 and our weekly budget is £50 :eek: but we did need a few toiletry bits, got lots of fruit and veg for smoothies and I've got enough stuff in to make a few weeks worth of meals. Next week should be just a top up of more perishable stuff so should bring us back on budget. Will go shopping without hubby next week to make sure no extras go in the trolley.

Spent a lot of this afternoon in the garden watching hubby dig a trench for a fence and supervising little man building a "big mud mountain, the biggest I've ever seen!"

Got parents coming round for tea so unfortunately will be no leftovers tonight to freeze. Planning a few batch cooking meals to do Tuesday whilst little man's at nursery.

Not much exercise today as hip is killing me but will have a gentle walk after tea this evening as usual.
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not a NSD, but did go to a swishing party and got 10 new items for free.

The food budget is almost completely blown and will need a serious rethink for the future.

Walked 50 minutes to the swishing party and then got a bus back. Also went to the shops and had to do two separate journeys.

:D
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I haven't achieved a NSD yet. Small shop at Aldi for a few toiletries and food to keep DH fed when I am away.

I am all packed for my trip and the taxi is booked for very early in the morning. DH is out this afternoon with a friend and will no doubt fall asleep when he gets in so we wont see much of each other until next Friday!

DS and I have walked the dog but no other exercise done.

I hope you all have a good week without much spending and will check back in next week :)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely holiday, Xspender.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    1st planned shop today. However, only Thursday was no spend. Black dog is lurking and I've spent £25 I don't have in the budget on crap. Even worse I'm racing tomorrow and that's all my great prep out the window.

Seriously hacked off with myself.

However, Gratitude:

1) DH has had his next post confirmed. He'll be at QE, the new hospital which is easy to get to, and he likes. Also, because he passed they've given him a 'grace period' of six months from November to bridge between his training contract and his finding a fellowship/consultants post.:j

2) My friend Jill. Doesn't care that I may have ruined our speed chances of tomorrow. We are just going to enjoy the fact that we both CAN run.

3) Focus. I have a plan. Which is at least a start and better than having no plan.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1st planned shop today. However, only Thursday was no spend. Black dog is lurking and I've spent £25 I don't have in the budget on crap. Even worse I'm racing tomorrow and that's all my great prep out the window.

Seriously hacked off with myself.

However, Gratitude:

1) DH has had his next post confirmed. He'll be at QE, the new hospital which is easy to get to, and he likes. Also, because he passed they've given him a 'grace period' of six months from November to bridge between his training contract and his finding a fellowship/consultants post.:j

2) My friend Jill. Doesn't care that I may have ruined our speed chances of tomorrow. We are just going to enjoy the fact that we both CAN run.

3) Focus. I have a plan. Which is at least a start and better than having no plan.

Such a lovely post, I wish you all the best with tomorrow and the future.

I have done so badly on the food shopping front this month. I have had to increase the budget and have just sold four lots of books on we buy books to make up my half of the new budget increase as I do not have a single spare penny to my name. :(
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family