PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 8. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    edited 31 July 2012 at 10:20AM
    Options
    Nat - well done!!!!:T

Very tired today after a rubbish nights sleep - too much diet coke and caffeine at a night out last night. Will have to find an alternative low cal drink to have - any suggestions?

Today's exercise (according to my published plan:rotfl:) will be ....
    Tues - 50 lengths swimming, 4 mile walk with walking group, minimum of 30 mins brisk dog walking, 15 mins of crunches and triceps work
    Better get on with it by walking the dog - who also looks tired today - think I kept him up in the night.

Not sure about food yet today - will log it on myfitnesspal as I go along.
    Hope everyone has a good day!

ETA - good luck with the run Daisy!
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2012 at 11:26AM
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    Hello everyone :)

I have to say I am embarrassed to show my face again, having done exactly of what many of you predicted I would but I enjoyed it here the last time and felt I really did need the weight loss camaraderie. :)

Welcome back hun, no need to be embarassed :)
    Welcome to the newbies and a big thanks to Slowly-fading for doing the list - lovely job :D

I had a BAD weekend. Had an awful sore throat with glands so swollen I could barely move my neck unless I took LOTs of Ibuprofen. So to compensate I drank two bottles of bubbly and ate crisps, chocolate, bread, more bread, more bread, more crisps...

Back to low carb now though as I am feeling better. I weighed 11st 10 this morning though so really hope I can get rid of those extra 3lbs by Friday, no hope of a loss this week!
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    Nat - well done!!!!:T

Very tired today after a rubbish nights sleep - too much diet coke and caffeine at a night out last night. Will have to find an alternative low cal drink to have - any suggestions?

slimline tonic, or lime and soda?
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • ragz_2
    ragz_2 Posts: 3,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    LittleMoog wrote: »
    slimline tonic, or lime and soda?

I have gin and soda/fizzy water. It's the lowest carb/sugar alcoholic drink I think, with ice and lemon it's ok when you get used to it.
    June Grocery Challenge £493.33/£500 July £/£500
    2 adults, 3 teens
    Progress is easier to acheive than perfection.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    nat21luv wrote: »
    As of this morning I have officially lost 1st :D:D:D

Last time I was this weight was after I came back from morocco in January. Here's to the next stone :D (and the next....and the next...and then the next 5!)

:j:T:j:T:j :D
  • LittleMoog
    LittleMoog Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    ragz wrote: »
    I have gin and soda/fizzy water. It's the lowest carb/sugar alcoholic drink I think, with ice and lemon it's ok when you get used to it.

I like vodka, lime and soda, only about 30 calories in the lime cordial and 50 in the vodka :beer: (not at the moment obv!:rotfl:). Not sure on the sugar content though, as I don't count carbs etc.

edit: this site has a useful calorie guide http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/logout/news_features/alcohol.htm looks like a small (125ml) glass of red or white wine is also about 80 calories.
    Little monkey born November 2012:j
    Froglet due March 2016 :D
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

Call me a boring old f@rt (you're a boring old f@rt, Sparrer :D) but I'm happy with water, ice and a slice, seems to fill me up much more than fizzies or juice therefore lasts longer - and it's cheap! I always ask for tap water cos I refuse to pay for plastic bottles :p
  • savesummore
    savesummore Posts: 1,132 Forumite
    Options
    MrsCD wrote: »
    Back from hols :( although I was very good (most of the time)
    I've just caught up with all the posts for the last week, and I'm ashamed to say that my daily walk last week was nothing near the amount of exercise some of you manage each day!

Well, I'm starting again tomorrow, and will be extremely careful about what I eat, so no more ice creams!!! I'm hoping that the walking will have offset the junk I ate last week, and I won't have put any back on!

Belated birthday wishes Sparrer - it was my birthday last Wednesday too!

Welcome back Hope you had a fab time- we will all shuffle round and make room for you back on the diet wagon ;) Happy Late birthday
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Morning everyone!
    i am still keeping an eye on this thread, but i have now started my own thread (feel free to pop over and say hi!) called 'On a mission to lose 1st. Anyone fancy joining me?'.
    I post on there mainly, but still read this one :)

So far i am doing OK. On my 1st week i didnt lose any weight at all ( :( ) but am determined to have lost something by this Friday!
    Ill pop over and have a look- how do I find you?
    nat21luv wrote: »
    As of this morning I have officially lost 1st :D:D:D

Last time I was this weight was after I came back from morocco in January. Here's to the next stone :D (and the next....and the next...and then the next 5!)

Well done hun :j:T

Today:

B: Greek yog, strawberries, banana, sprinkle of nuts
    S: 1 hm wholemeal toast
    L: HM hummous, 4 ryvita type crackers, salad, Melon
    S: apple, small piece of cheese
    T: HM Indian spiced chicen with chickpea and carrot salad

Swimiming tonight- Get gone you pesky pounds :rotfl:
    O/S weight loss 2.5 /10lbs (11st 8.0- 08.02)
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    Options
    Just back from swimming and I went in the afternoon rather than the morning - never again! It was heaving with screaming kids!
    I just about managed the 50 lengths but with a lot of tutting and huffing:mad:
    That will teach me to put it off!

4 mile walk later - hope to take the dog if its not pouring.
    Having a hungry day today - don't think I ate enough yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure