Rambling on...

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Your brewing seems to have given you new energy! Enjoy :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on the brewing. I love real ale and home brew. I should have been a bloke with a beard and wooly jumper. DH used to do his own wine but got discouraged after a bad batch. It was surprisingly easy. Unfortunately I don't like wine. You have ignited the interest in beer again though. I may have a go...my own brewery in the cellar.;)
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Almost end of the day update...

All tasks completed... YAY :D

Still cannot get my home made bread to rise... BOO :(
    I know that it needs time to "prove" but when I think its ready to bake and i bake it it doesn't rise very much, if at all... I'll crack it eventually, I know I will, its just frustrating...
    My other bakes have turned out smashing as usual...

The home brew is... brewing... it is maintaining temp and is fermenting nicely. Another 10 or so days to go then two days hydrometer readings of similar gravity and it's ready to bottle condition. Bottle conditioning takes at least two weeks, have been advised best to leave for at least a month...

Bike update... still waiting on the repairs being completed... the good news is though that they are giving me a mahoosive discount cos I been so patient with them... no labour charge... parts only :D

So, all good in the hood.

Hope everyone else had a good day today
    :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Great news on the bike :D

Sounds like a good day! Can't help with bread mines so basic its unreal :o
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,299 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad all is ok. I bought a bread maker once, bread was like bricks :( Not a big bread fan tbh so gave it to charity shop in the end.

Inspired by you will have a go at baking when I get back from hols - no excuse now I've got my new oven with visible numbers :)

Bike news sounds good :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Thank you Mrs SA :D

Have a lovely holiday and I think once you get started on the baking you'll be great.
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Well done on the brewing. I love real ale and home brew. I should have been a bloke with a beard and wooly jumper. DH used to do his own wine but got discouraged after a bad batch. It was surprisingly easy. Unfortunately I don't like wine. You have ignited the interest in beer again though. I may have a go...my own brewery in the cellar.;)

Parsniphead - Check out your local Aldi as they may have the kit I got
    it is the Craft Brew Kit by Coopers.
    A mate of mine picked one up today for £29.99 in his local Aldi... I paid a bit more than that though...
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Oh I just got my 500 post badge YAY :D
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • UncannyScot
    Options
    Ahm offski tae bedski folks

G'nite and guid dreams
    :A
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely day :) X
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business