PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Can you freeze cooked pasta?

Options

Comments

• r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    hi - yes pasta can be frozen. I suggest placing some greaseproof paper between each sheet of lasagne so they don't stick and put in an airtight box.

don't take long to defrost and could be used straight from frozen as the lasagne would need to be cooked once assembled :

hope this helps
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • dianadors
    dianadors Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks. I'll have a go
  • nell2
    nell2 Posts: 267 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Dianadors
    Do you have a pasta machine? I'm quite tempted, but wondered if making your own pasta is a bit of a faff. Can you tell me a bit about it please!
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    nell2 wrote: »
    Hi Dianadors
    Do you have a pasta machine? I'm quite tempted, but wondered if making your own pasta is a bit of a faff. Can you tell me a bit about it please!

Yes it's a bit of a faff, but in my view, well worth it for the taste & quality of the final product.

I have to admit, that I only make pasta if I have the time and as "a treat". Six or seven times out of ten, I tend to use dried :o
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • dianadors
    dianadors Posts: 801 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Hi
    It is a bit of a faff, but well worth doing - especially if you can freeze it. I used my pasta machine for the 1st time the other day, and was suprised how easy it was. It also tasted superb. Have a go.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It is a faff but a nice rainy day job if you're bored. Make sure you have plenty of space for hanging pasta to dry though!
  • carlos700
    carlos700 Posts: 507 Forumite
    Options
    I buy frozen chicken and bacon pasta bakes from Asda for my husband to take to work as you just stick them in the microwave.I do cook them from scratch at home too which i can do very cheaply.

Will it be ok when i am making my own to freeze it and put it in butty boxes in the freezer for my husband to take to work.I am not sure if pasta would still be nice to eat when it defrosts.
  • diesel9181
    diesel9181 Posts: 203 Forumite
    Options
    my mum does it all the time with a tuna pasta bake and its fine. maybe if you slightly undercooked the pasta so when you reheat it its ok and not soggy!
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've frozen pasta bake ok in the past. It cooks ok in the micowave ok too.

EM x
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • Ytaya
    Ytaya Posts: 326 Forumite
    Options
    I freeze pasta dishes all the time and they reheat just fine. They can go a little mushier than when fresh, so maybe undercook the pasta by a minute or so?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure