Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2018

Options

Comments

• stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    I was interested in the TC sale so did a dummy booking similar to your dates above i.e. Man-Las 12/5 to 20/5. These appeared to be the cheapest selection at £239 out and £149 back. I could not get it to replicate a return fare of £300.

I wasn't overly impressed with TC booking system and when the dummy booking was ready to check out total price was £390 plus a 2% booking fee for credit card, which I thought were now stopped from charging.:(
  • Seldom_Seen_Kid
    Options
    I am on thomascookairlines.com and I am seeing them. Out £179.99 and £119.99 back. Back on 20th is not in the flash sale, so switch to out on 12th and back on 19th and the price is £299.98.
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Yes I get it now that is Man - Lax on 12 to 19 May. I was initially searching Man-Las. I suppose the Lax price isn't bad but still have to get to Las if that is the intended destination.
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Closet I can get to what I need (flying out from 25th - 26th - 27th ideally), is a MAN - SFO , LAX - MAN , the same route I did in Sep last year....
    The cost with seat on the direct flights = £411 , which fit in with my "Tight-Wad Stu" pricing! :D and wifey doesn't mind the drive from SFO to Vegas with 1 night stop in the middle somewhere.... (although that option is 29th May - 9th)

But next hurdle is getting the Mlife offers to fit, as well as using a host (and allowing for the 72hr rule!)..... :D:D

As for TC flights, direct is OK, but don't fancy the ones which include using the Air Tanker planes.....
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    All hotels booked for September trip.

Don’t think we have ever had it as cheap for 11 nights.

5 nights Orleans Hotel $266 = £190ish at $1.40
    2 nights, usual weekend at MSS £7 total....used my expiring soon aa airmiles.
    4 nights Luxor Hotel £168ish total...used wife’s expiring soon aa airmiles.

Total cost - subject to rate movement- £365 for 11 nights.

That includes all resort fees.:T
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Cheap flights from Dub in March, Nov/Dec 235eu return
    travelover
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    Closet I can get to what I need (flying out from 25th - 26th - 27th ideally), is a MAN - SFO , LAX - MAN , the same route I did in Sep last year....
    The cost with seat on the direct flights = £411 , which fit in with my "Tight-Wad Stu" pricing! :D and wifey doesn't mind the drive from SFO to Vegas with 1 night stop in the middle somewhere.... (although that option is 29th May - 9th)

But next hurdle is getting the Mlife offers to fit, as well as using a host (and allowing for the 72hr rule!)..... :D:D

As for TC flights, direct is OK, but don't fancy the ones which include using the Air Tanker planes.....
    Just wondering what the problem is with airtanker flights.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Just wondering what the problem is with airtanker flights.

I have been on an air cargo 747, apart from it carrying only half amount of passangers as a standard 747 we didnt know any difference
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TC Air Tanker = my bad! I been reading the wrong reviews!! :D:D:D
    If I understand it (now, new reading), apart from a few things, its a normal flight as such! (A330 plane)

I booked flights anyway, got the DUB-LHR-LAS , with rtn being LAS-LGW......LHR-DUB
    Cost £410 for the flight, bit more than I wanted to pay when I factor in the getting to DUB, etc.... but oh well ! :D

Got my eye set on staying at the RIO for 3 nights, wouldn't mind a change from Mlife places, and the google pic's show the pools look pretty good and big at the Rio! Fingers crossed I can get some good wins!
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We fly direct to Vegas with TC,but for some reason there isn’t a direct flight back on our departure day.So we are having to fly back indirect using air tanker...Better indirect coming back,than going.
    Has anyone flown using air tanker ? I have seen that there is no seat back IFE on this flight,but that doesn’t bother me as we usually try to get some kip on the red eye flights back.Always got plenty of films on iPad if needed.

Price we paid was £520 each,thought that was acceptable for the midday arrival into Vegas.It really does “gain”you an extra half a day’s holiday when you land into Mccarran at lunchtime.
    Last October’s trip was direct both ways with TC,and we were in the MSS champagne brunch by 2pm...half drunk by 3 :rotfl:
    Only heard about the shootings that happened that night when we got back to our room in the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure