IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking - Letter Before County Court Claim (LBCCC) - Fight back! Guidance Thread

Options

Comments

• Computersaysno
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    You end up in court.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

For most people nothing happens, other than more begging letters from the PPC.

Many PPCs have never done court.

A small number issue court papers and so a small number of people either settle, or go to court and then they win or lose.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Agree with compsaysno - but you do have to pick your PPCs carefully. Regulars will give an indication as to 'risk'.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Letter Before County Court. If a letter is given that name it's pretty certain it is Parking Eye who do court.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    waamo wrote: »
    Letter Before County Court. If a letter is given that name it's pretty certain it is Parking Eye who do court.

Or CEL, or SIP, or ANPR Ltd (:rotfl:) or Vinci, or VCS/Excel, or (now) Gladstone Solicitors, and now we're on Sols - Trethowans (on behalf of Aintree Hospitals).

As said above, choose wisely.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 March 2018 at 2:10AM
    Options
    STOP!!!!!

Did you not notice, this thread is from 2013??

2013!

Do not read parking threads that are this old, the legal arguments have long since changed and the pre-action protocol was updated in 2017.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, DO NOT READ OLD THREADS

You are just TWO clicks away from the current advice and live forum help.

See my signature, below...
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Or UKCPS or PCN (NW) or PCM or Napier or Devere to name a few more litigious PPCs!

Brain meltdown to have forgotten that lot :eek:

My bad - must be slippin' :)

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    So, to sum up, if you ignore a letter before action, it will not harm your defence. As a landlord, I am no stranger to the CC, and I think that I would rather talk to the judge than jump through all of those LBA hoops.

The fact is that nearly all of these claims have no foundation, PPCs will turn up at court mob handed and try to bamboozle you with 100 pages of dodgy argument. All you need do is find their Achilles Heel, be it contract, losses, faulty cameras, breach of COP, pre-signed witness statements, whatever, etc., and the balance of probabilities will swing in your favour.

I would very much hope that Judges have now got the measure of these shysters and will bend over backwards to end this abuse of legal process.

I suppose that most people have never attended a CC and the very thought of it terrifies them. I was summoned to court once after a motor accident. My insurance company supplied me with a barrister, (he was useless), the claimant put up another barrister who was even more useless. Mt barrister won. CC is no big deal.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 17 March 2018 at 2:11AM
    Options
    STOP!!!!!

2013!

Do not read parking threads that are this old, the legal arguments have long since changed and the pre-action protocol was updated in 2017.

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You make a good case. If people do not turn up, or have not done their homework, then, given the way the law works, they deserve to lose. But it does seem an incredible amount of time and energy to fight off a speculative invoice, especially if you are working all hours to keep a job, or pay the gas bill. Is it any wonder people give in to get them off their back?

What is needed is much more help from Trading Standards but their staff levels have been cut to the bone by local authorities in porder that they may continue to employ the requisite number of Diversity Co-ordinators.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 17 March 2018 at 2:11AM
    Options
    STOP!!!!!

2013!

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure