December Debt Destruction!!!

Options

Comments

• liltdiddylilt
    Options
    Beautiful start Kat!! Looking forward to this!!

P.S I just saw your outstanding signature... From £16,100 to £12,840 in a month and a half. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Virtual Pot #25 £0.00/£350.00
    A black belt only covers 2 inches of your a$$ - You have to cover the rest yourself - Royce Gracie
  • NinjaSavingKat
    Options
    YUP those are the figures.. I hammered my overtime at work in the last few months.. I pay back £500 a month anyway in minimum fees and whacked an extra load on from eBay sells, more overtime last month that came in today and money that was going to the ex-boyfriend last month that I knew I could technically live without this month went towards the bike loan..

I would love to say my job is amazing but I have given up every weekend bar the one gone for overtime on night shfits - these always pay a little more. It means I have missed out on a lot with friends but they understand my priorities..

I haven't gone out once in the last two months.. I pay a massive lump sum at the beginning of each month then live on what's left no matter what it is...hence I am so tough on the challenges..:)

I hope to pay back another £900 at the end of this month by living like a complete and utter hermit. Its literally all my wage going to this. Last month my bank were supposed to take back £350 for my overdraft - two people did this without realising someone was already doing it... and they took back £700 instead.. I told them to leave it as it is and not to reinstate it so by default paid off a lot more than what I intended. I lived on ( bar bills and petrol ) - £140 this month. Only £40 was spent on food. This month I made at least £600 on eBay and overtime, last month through eBay and deals alone I made £170 I think...

I was ruthless! Where there is a will there is a way..

onwards and Upwards...
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done Kat, that is truly awesome!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    Options
    Happy 1st of DDD ...

today is going to be a spend as im pretty much out of everything ... but im gonna buy in bulk so saves on NSD and of course money ...

slow cookers for dinner tonight lemon and herb chicken ive even done the spuds and stuffing and veg so all OH has to do is switch the spuds on .... but should be able to stretch the chicken out for the next few meals :D ...

so best get ready for work .... hope you all have a good day and a good start xxx
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Right well today will be a spend day for me. I order 2 loaves and a paper to collect from the local shop and am taking M to wacky water this afternoon. I am going to do a grocery shop too today but hubby popped out for parcel tape and got mushrooms too so I can do some batch cooking with what we have already. I am veggie and most of what we all have at home is veggie. I am planning to make some veggie chilli and sone tomato and mushroom pasta sauce. Might make soup too. Will update later. If I do this right I should end up with a few work lunches for the freezer. I go to slimming world (I am paid up to the new year) but salad isn't cutting it for me now the weather is cold. I keep mug shots in my drawer at work and try and get them half price.

More later. Have a great first of December x
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good morning all :)
    So, NOvember is done, and i reached all of my targets.....so time to tighten them a bit.
    My food budget is being reduced to £200 (was £240 in NOvember), and i am hoping that i will be able to beat this...we'll see :)

I have done all of my Christmas present shopping now, and have a freezer full of Christmas food as my sister gave us a huge food hamper, full of HM goodies :) So all i need for Christmas food wise, will be roast and 1 tin of chocs.

As always, i am asking everyone to send me as much 'job-finding dust' (similar to fairy dust, but to help me find a job. I have been unemployed for 4 months now :( ) as possible please..i REALLY need a job asap! It would be the BEST Christmas present EVER!

-I will pop over to the NSD board and pledge 20 NSDs :)
    -The 6x20min exercise has come at the right time, with all that over indulging we do at Christmas! I have started walking my son to school, 10 mins each way, 4 times a day :)
    -The Food bank will get donations on my next trip to Tesco (they are outside collecting this week)
    -I already have 3 seperate money pots, although they are a bit too small. I will wait until i next go into the city, and pick up a bigger money pot from poundland.

So, bring it on!
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Today will be a spend day, I want to pick up a few bits I have run out of food wise. Going to get ds2 birthday present today too, his birthday is on 29th dec, already know what I am getting him and have a budget sorted for that.

As I'm out and about, I will fill up the car too, might as well get a load of spends all done in the same day:)

Have various other little things that I need to get too, so will buy them today.

Have a good day all x
    November NSD's - 7
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm with Rising. Had looked forward to joining in this time but will be lurking from the sidelines and watching with interest."Rules" too long for me to get my head round and get organised. Guess I am not Tough Enough after all. Good luck to you all :)
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • It should be on recently opened maybe? or in the recycle bin?
    xx

Unfortunatley its not :( never mind Im feeling positive so can remember most so will be easy enough to resurrect it from memory. Got £60 of bids already on Ebay for things ending this weekend so that will be a boost to the Xmas finances, though I want to save most of it if possible, but as Ive got most of the presents that shouldnt be too hard. I also started yesterday a course of free hynpotherapy (found on here!) so am going to be working on my anxiety issues and bring more positive so hoping that will help with moving forward with my life and therefore have a knock on effect on everything, so fingers crossed for me please:j

Now to try to remember the months mealplan and finances to remake it today! :)
  • abundant1972
    Options
    Happy 01st December Everyone!!!

I really appreciated your words of wisdom Kat at the end of the NOvember thread - so thanks. Am seeing each month as a new Chapter in the book of my Debt Free Journey... and whilst life may throw challenges my way - I am the author - and can decide how I choose to respond to them...

So... Fresh month - fresh start.

I've decided am going to try for my own personal 7-in-a-row challenge straight off... I move house this week so if I can use up what I have left - that's less to move. The food cupboard looks pretty sparse... Condiments, pasta (no sauce), rice, lentils, a few tins of beans, some potatoes, onions and carrots in the fridge... I've got good old porridge as a back up <groan> so am going to get creative this week. Soup and Jacket Spuds here I come!!! Away in Manchester next Friday evening/Sat/Sun and planning Saturday as a spend day. This week is literally - getting rid of the old - ready for a brand new start next week...

Like Kat am on a mega debt drive... aiming to clear £500 p/month out of my wages towards debt... Committed myself to house sharing for 2-4 years, and just applied for a promotion (scary!!!) and possibility of overtime. I just have to keep reminding myself it will all be worth it in a few years time!!! Being a part of this board helps massively with that - so thank you - each and every one of you!!!

December's going to be a FANTASTIC month!!!

:T
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income