Santander, how many current accounts?

Options

Comments

• adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No, external a/c means that exclude all Santander accounts. Literary say, from another Bank. Like although I have two Zeros a/c I feed them both from my Loyd TSB a/c and then transfer them back.

10_66 wrote: »
    When you say external account, does it count if the £1K is transferred between my Santander Preferred Account and OH's Preferred Account, or does it have to come from a completely different bank? I can't see where it states that it must come from an external bank, all I can find is they say you must "pay at least £1,000 into your account each month".

Edit: I've just contacted Santander, who say that it doesn't matter if the funds come from another Santander account. Although I know that what their staff tell you isn't always accurate.

• 10_66
    10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    No, external a/c means that exclude all Santander accounts. Literary say, from another Bank. Like although I have two Zeros a/c I feed them both from my Loyd TSB a/c and then transfer them back.

Where does it say that it has to come from external accounts, please? I can't find any reference to this, and as I mentioned, when phoning them they said it's ok for the £1K to come from another Santander account.
  • 10_66
    Options
    I'm thinking about applying for a second Preferred Current Account to benefit from the 5% interest. My concerns are:

1) Will this confuse matters with Santander about my £100 cashback for my first Preferred Current Account which I have only just "switched" to (I used an old bank account that I don't use, to "switch", only to benefit from the £100 cashback and 5% interest).

2) Will this confuse matters with Santander and TopCashBack for my £55 cashback from them

I know the answer to the above should be no, but we are talking about Santander, so I have a horrible feeling that it might bu**er things up. I don't know whether to leave it until I get the £100 cashback in 3 months' time or do it now.
  • hermante
    hermante Posts: 575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As far as getting two preferreds, you should get the 5% interest but I think you won't get the cashback, as by the time you open the second account you're already an existing customer. It might track at first but become payable at 0.00.
  • 10_66
    edited 12 August 2011 at 5:30PM
    Options
    hermante wrote: »
    As far as getting two preferreds, you should get the 5% interest but I think you won't get the cashback, as by the time you open the second account you're already an existing customer. It might track at first but become payable at 0.00.

Yeah, I realise I wouldn't get the £100 cashback as I'd be an existing customer by then. It's just that I don't want the second application the jeopardise the the £100 switching and £55 cashback for the first application.
  • adindas
    Options
    It is in page 4 in this document:

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223412341387&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600

!Note 4: We will not pay credit interest if you pay in less than £1,000 each month. You will also have to pay an Underfunding Fee on our Preferred Current Account. See page 6 for more details on the Underfunding Fee. The £1,000 does not include interest or refunded amounts from using your Visa Debit card. Transfers and interest into the account from another Santander account will not count towards your monthly amount.
    Where does it say that it has to come from external accounts, please? I can't find any reference to this, and as I mentioned, when phoning them they said it's ok for the £1K to come from another Santander account.

My personal experience with their CS over the phone, never just believe to what they are saying, without rechecking it from this forum. TBH, I trust this forum more than their customer service. The problem is, it is difficult to use the phone conversation as evidence when something goes wrong, unless you record the conversation which I doubt if anyone does that.
  • adindas
    Options
    That is also my understanding.
    Worth to try as you have nothing to loose, apart from it you could always enjoy another instants access with 5% for the first £2,500.
    hermante wrote: »
  • 10_66
    edited 12 August 2011 at 7:43PM
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    It is in page 4 in this document:

http://www.santander.co.uk/csgs/StaticBS?blobcol=urldata&blobheader=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1223412341387&cachecontrol=immediate&ssbinary=true&maxage=3600

!Note 4: We will not pay credit interest if you pay in less than £1,000 each month. You will also have to pay an Underfunding Fee on our Preferred Current Account. See page 6 for more details on the Underfunding Fee. The £1,000 does not include interest or refunded amounts from using your Visa Debit card. Transfers and interest into the account from another Santander account will not count towards your monthly amount.

My personal experience with their CS over the phone, never just believe to what they are saying, without rechecking it from this forum. TBH, I trust this forum more than their customer service. The problem is, it is difficult to use the phone conversation as evidence when something goes wrong, unless you record the conversation which I doubt if anyone does that.

I should've known better than to trust their CS dept rolleyes.gif.

Strange though that you used to make internal transfers and still got the 5% interest. I agree, I would almost always trust what's said on this forum over what any CS advise.
  • hermante
    hermante Posts: 575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I should've known better than to trust their CS dept rolleyes.gif.

Strange though that you used to make internal transfers and still got the 5% interest. I agree, I would almost always trust what's said on this forum over what any CS advise.

My friend got the 5% by internal transfers from her own accounts. But the date on these T&Cs is 28 June... maybe they have been sneaky and changed somethig? Does anyone have a copy of the previous T&Cs?
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm thinking about applying for a second Preferred Current Account to benefit from the 5% interest. My concerns are:

1) Will this confuse matters with Santander about my £100 cashback for my first Preferred Current Account which I have only just "switched" to (I used an old bank account that I don't use, to "switch", only to benefit from the £100 cashback and 5% interest).

2) Will this confuse matters with Santander and TopCashBack for my £55 cashback from them

I know the answer to the above should be no, but we are talking about Santander, so I have a horrible feeling that it might bu**er things up. I don't know whether to leave it until I get the £100 cashback in 3 months' time or do it now.

Personally I would wait until you have been credited with the £100 switch payment before opening the second account. Santander were exceptionally quick (2days after the 3 month period) crediting my £100 and I didn't have to remind them.
    I went through Quidco for my first £55 (paid-now £45) and TCB for my second £55.55.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure