Topcashback Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi 2010,

We do put this on every merchant page, in the area we advise all members to read before purchasing. This is in addition to the terms and conditions which members accept when sign up. I do know not everyone will read these word for word, but they are deliberately short and in clear understandable sections so members can read through these. Whether members take note of these is totally down to their own personal judgment but it's certainly there for members to see.

Best wishes,
    Matt

The home page is the main page of any site and it`s not shown on there.
    It should be shown prominently there so there is no doubt about the cashback not being guaranteed.

The only reason I can think of it not being there is because TCB are trying to conceal the fact it`s not guaranteed.

The same goes for your rather silly tv ad with a man sitting on a hippo.
    Plenty of mention about getting cashback but no mention of it not being guaranteed.
    Sharp practice comes to mind.

Why can`t TCB be honest and clear on it`s home page?
  • bristolleedsfan
    Options
    2010 wrote: »

Why can`t TCB be honest and clear on it`s home page?

And within emails it sends out promoting/advertising cashback offers on behalf of its affiliate partners
  • rich_shot2003
    Options
    Hi 2010,

We do put this on every merchant page, in the area we advise all members to read before purchasing. This is in addition to the terms and conditions which members accept when sign up. I do know not everyone will read these word for word, but they are deliberately short and in clear understandable sections so members can read through these. Whether members take note of these is totally down to their own personal judgment but it's certainly there for members to see.

Best wishes,
    Matt

Also Matt why dont you put that out on your TV AD?

because i have watched it a few times and its not on that at all.

why dont Qudico have the same problems as you seem to have paying out cashback?

its time that TCB was looked into as i have always had the feeling that something is going on and that TCB could be keeping the cashback and not passing it onto us.

i have told many people to not use you so they use Quidco with none of the problems a lot of TCB users have.
  • littlemisskrc
    Options
    Hi, I am fully registered and have been earning cash back. I wanted to apply for a payout so I was asked to log in. However my username/password were not recognised despite being correct (stored with cookies on my laptop) and so I requested a new password but it stated my email address could not be found. I emailed topcashback and was advised there were problems locating my account so it appears a new one has been started.. but I'm back to a balance of £0! I would like my previous £21.46 to be re-instated as I have been spending using certain companies on the proviso I would be getting the cashback. It's been days and I am getting nowhere with the email process. Regards,
  • TopCashBack_Company_Representative
    TopCashBack_Company_Representative Posts: 2,184 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@ 2010 and bristolleedsfan - Our home page is there to guide members around the site. The two key areas where this will need to be known is when joining (which is when you agree terms and conditions) or when you click through from us to a merchant (which is where you see the note previously quoted). With the advert, it's there to tell people about the brand and what it does, rather than all the ins and outs of how it's earned.

@rich_shot2003 - While I work at TopCashback and not any other cashback sites, what I can tell you is some of the reasons members have told me why they have joined TopCashback. Interestingly enough untracked, missing, declined and slow progressing cashback has all cropped up. Of course, with these members I am sure to alert them that switching does not automatically change that. Other cashback sites aren't exempt to these issues. However, we do do some things differently, for example pay all members as soon as we are paid and not fast pay specific members who pay a fee.

@littlemisskrc - If you could email me at mse@topcashback.co.uk I can take a look at your account and hopefully help you gain access to it again :)

I hope this helps everyone.

Best wishes,
    Matt
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of TopCashBack. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@ 2010 and bristolleedsfan - Our home page is there to guide members around the site. The two key areas where this will need to be known is when joining (which is when you agree terms and conditions) or when you click through from us to a merchant (which is where you see the note previously quoted).
    I hope this helps everyone.
    Best wishes,
    Matt

Here`s a link to TCB terms and conditions, where does it stand out prominently and clearly that cashback is not guaranteed.
    Maybe you would care to tell me the exact paragraph and line it`s quoted on.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Terms

As for clicking through to your merchants, where does it say it`s not guaranteed?

I`ve just put in Argos @ 7.07% and clicked through and all it said was:

"If you purchase using vouchers/gift cards you will not be awarded cashback"

It then went on to say:

One second, we are just opening Argos' site for you.

Just shop as normal and we take care of the rest.

Should this page be showing after 5 seconds, then please continue to Argos here.
  • american_dreamer
    Options
    2010 wrote: »
    Here`s a link to TCB terms and conditions, where does it stand out prominently and clearly that cashback is not guaranteed.
    Maybe you would care to tell me the exact paragraph and line it`s quoted on.

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/Terms

As for clicking through to your merchants, where does it say it`s not guaranteed?

I`ve just put in Argos @ 7.07% and clicked through and all it said was:

"If you purchase using vouchers/gift cards you will not be awarded cashback"

It then went on to say:

One second, we are just opening Argos' site for you.

Just shop as normal and we take care of the rest.

Should this page be showing after 5 seconds, then please continue to Argos here.

Under the terms and conditions tab 'What to do when'.
    "Please do not make purchase decisions based upon expected cashback as it is not guaranteed".

I don't know about other Top Cashback users, but I thought this was pretty obvious the minute I signed up.
  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Options
    Whilst it may be obvious that cashback isn't guaranteed there isn't much point in joining a cashback site if its not forthcoming WHEN all the T&C have been met.

Of course it WILL influence buying decisions,in fact the cashback can be the decider in choosing a particular product. Otherwise why bother?
  • american_dreamer
    Options
    The point is an extra £300 Christmas shopping money for me this year. Even the chance of money back for nothing is good enough for me :j
    Options
    Under the terms and conditions tab 'What to do when'.
    "Please do not make purchase decisions based upon expected cashback as it is not guaranteed".

Still can`t see it.

I think you`re missing the whole point of a cashback site,namely to get cashback.

If it`s not guaranteed it should be clearly and prominently stated on their home page, preferably with a flashing banner.

It should not be hiddden somewhere in the small print of their T&C, which I still can`t find.
    It certainly doesn`t mention it when you click through to a retailer as I pointed out in my previous post.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback