Second Purse Challenge 2012

Options

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mothership wrote: »
    This is the one I have Kerri, its great for making pitta breads & Nan bread on too as well as pizza. I've got recipes if you'd like me to post them, I'm right into making bread.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ProCook-Pizza-Stone-38cm-15in/dp/B0026OND1G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1329235189&sr=8-2

I got a 16 kg bag of white bread flour for £11 subscribe and save. They have whole meal as well, its lovely flour.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bacheldre-Watermill-Stoneground-Strong-Bakers/dp/B005FPZ3R
    Aw thanking you :) I need a foccacia recipe for this evening to go with pasta sauce. I've found a baker boys one on c4 website atm.

I went to Mr T on Saturday and they had 3kg bags of strong bread flour for £2 so I bought 2 bags.
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • mooomin
    mooomin Posts: 13,703 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tracey12 wrote: »
    Good to see everyone doing so well.

I bought another 2 packs of Cath*dral C*ty cheese at Mr T. half price at £1.99 per pack with my second purse today. Currently looking out for Hugg*es Dryn*tes for my dd and G*ld Bl*nd coffee as my stocks are running low.

Tracey

Do you know if that offer includes the light version?
  • fozziebeartoo
    Options
    I'm just back for T****S & C@stc@ just going to have a wee brew then I'll post what I bought on this post.

Am I the only one who is champing at the bit to hear what Mothership bought???? :rotfl:

I love to hear about other peoples shopping!!

Oo-er......maybe I shouldnt have said that, it sounds it bit odd, doesnt it??? ;)
  • MunniMuncha
    Options

Mince £22

http://www.donaldrussell.com/minced-steak-8708.html?offercode=win12e3630

Butchers favourites @ £29

http://www.donaldrussell.com/d1231-the-butchers-favourites.html?offercode=win12e3630

Stir fry strips @ £9

http://www.donaldrussell.com/beef-stir-fry-strips-9056.html?offercode=win12e3630

I place lots of small orders when there's a promotion on and spread out the delivery, I have stuff coming a few times a month until August. I find this keeps my freezer topped up, and every time I use something I pay the 2nd Purse £3. remember to use Quidco, when I get the money from them I buy something else from DR, usually something I cant afford normally as a treat :)
    it feels good too not having to worry about buying meat for six months as its all paid for, I'm also using their freezers to store the meat until I want it.
    I have tried their meal planner packs, they were good, but NOT as good as you can make yourself at home. Their winter braising packs are good too, when they are on offer, good freezer fillers.
    I've noticed they go round all their stock so there are some good bargains to be had. I will be posting any worthwhile offers as soon as I see them, usually as I'm buying them, I will highlight them in bold on my posts so keep a lookout for them :)

Thanks for that Mothership - I am dying to order some meat so will let whoever it is know so I can give someone (whoever is next in line) my recommendation.

One question tho - I have looked on their website and notice that you say you order when on offer but then get the stuff delivered at different intervals. Can't see how you do that on their website so was wondering how it is done? Also do you pay for it all at the same time as ordering it? and also do you have to pay for a different delivery charge each time it is delivered or do you just pay the once at the time of the order?

Sorry for all these questions, but like the idea of using their freezers to stock your order til you are ready - thereby leaving your own freezer emptier for all the other bargains :rotfl::rotfl:
    When you were born, you were crying and everyone around was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying!:rotfl:

June GC - £352.04/£350
    SP challenge 3P £171.28:j:j:j
  • bunbun2
    bunbun2 Posts: 3,540 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mothership I have made scones this afternoon using your recipe. wow I have never had them turn out that well before. they are gorgeous. thank you:A
    saving for ds2's summer international scout camp - £200
    £60 deposit paid :j £100 paid:j £40 paid:j
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh my - my yeast has arrived today - thank goodness I only ordered one - but what a fantastic bargain. I make at least 3 loaves of bread a week so will get used before the best before date. Thank goodness I took the other 3 out of my basket!!! 2nd purse going well though I'm not sure at what point any money will be going across to the 3rd purse - bargain buying is a compulsive occupation!!
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • Mothership
    Options
    Thanks for that Mothership - I am dying to order some meat so will let whoever it is know so I can give someone (whoever is next in line) my recommendation.

One question tho - I have looked on their website and notice that you say you order when on offer but then get the stuff delivered at different intervals. Can't see how you do that on their website so was wondering how it is done? Also do you pay for it all at the same time as ordering it? and also do you have to pay for a different delivery charge each time it is delivered or do you just pay the once at the time of the order?

Sorry for all these questions, but like the idea of using their freezers to stock your order til you are ready - thereby leaving your own freezer emptier for all the other bargains :rotfl::rotfl:

You can order 1 item, then when you get to the choose delivery date there's an arrow that lets you move on to the next month and the next. Just pick your date then pay, sign off, then on again and place the order for the next item. Everything is on free delivery at the moment. I must drive them nuts lot I do about 6 orders at a time.
    Thats exactly WHY I do it that way LOL, now your beginning to THINK like me.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow to tell you what I've bought. I'm not feeling too well, going to bed soon. My diabetic nurse just discovered I've been prescribed double the dose of a medication thats been giving me symptoms like IBS for 6 years, she's going in to see the Dr to complain tomorrow. AAAAH!
    1st Purse £114.19 Monthly GB
    2nd Purse ££100
    :rotfl::j:wave::j:rotfl:
    Fridge Freezer £300 3rd Purse /£290.94
  • mumwithamission
    Options
    Poor you Mothership - can't believe that hasn't been spotted by anyone else in the past 6 years!!! NOt even a pharmacist dispensing the medication...?! Very worrying - our lives in their hands!
  • fozziebeartoo
    Options
    Good grief Mothership :eek:

Hope they sort out your meds and you feel loads better very soon :D
  • Hope you feel better soon Mothership - can't believe they got your meds wrong all these years.

I'm impressed with Mr A's delivery tonight - all went to plan and when they had to substitute a couple of items, they only charged the price I'd agreed to pay, which was really good as nearly everything I bought was either cheap or on special offer :)!
    Pay debt in 2012 #278 £2347/£5364
    Sealed Pot 5 #1713 £78.57 //Crazy Clothes Challenge #97 £79.49/£100
    Grocery Challenge:
    Feb £359/£360 Mar £390/£450 Apr £335/£320
    May £330/£320 Jun £455/£400 Jul £321/£320
    Aug £399/£370 Sep £345/£300 Oct £421/£400 Nov £0/£320
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income