Where's the best Car Boot Sales in Glasgow/Renfrewshire

Options
mojy
mojy Posts: 279 Forumite
Hoping to do a car boot sale this weekend. Anyone know where the best ones are in Glasgow/Renfrewshire area. Last time I did one (many moons ago) I went to Blochairn Market so don't want to go back there. Also want to get rid of some of my Tesco toiletries but don't want to be charged as a trader. Anyone any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Comments

• alictait
    alictait Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    There used to be a fairly big one in paisley near the town centre, but I haven't been there for a long long time. There is one at yoker (holm) park in clydebank and one at the homebase in milngavie if that is any good to you. Both are fairly busy if its nice

HTH
    If at first you don't succeed - destroy all evidence that you tried.
  • wolfehouse
    wolfehouse Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    polmadie is indoors and good on a wet day

a friend tells me the one at ayr racetrack is nice- may be a bit far out for you though
  • eva11
    eva11 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    There is one at Crossford, Lanark on a Sunday. Its on the clyde valley route. It takes place in a big field, so if it sunny its really nice. We ended up doing a car boot there by default as we turned up at 5.30 in the morning at Blochairn to be told it was full!!!! People had been turning up the night before for their pitch.

HTH
  • scottishnellie
    Options
    mojy wrote: »
    Hoping to do a car boot sale this weekend. Anyone know where the best ones are in Glasgow/Renfrewshire area. Last time I did one (many moons ago) I went to Blochairn Market so don't want to go back there. Also want to get rid of some of my Tesco toiletries but don't want to be charged as a trader. Anyone any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Hiya,

I'm looking to do the same to get rid of my tesco H&B stash too. Have never done a car boot before, and have only ever visited a few. I'm in the renfrewshire area so interested to know where you went to do yours. Where did you end up? and can I ask how much you charged for stuff? I'm thinking £1 each for everything to keep it simple but no idea if thats a bit optimistic! Help! :o
  • mojy
    mojy Posts: 279 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya,

I'm looking to do the same to get rid of my tesco H&B stash too. Have never done a car boot before, and have only ever visited a few. I'm in the renfrewshire area so interested to know where you went to do yours. Where did you end up? and can I ask how much you charged for stuff? I'm thinking £1 each for everything to keep it simple but no idea if thats a bit optimistic! Help! :o

Hi,
    Went to Overton Farm, Lanark. Weather ok but not a lot of people there.
    Only about 4 rows of cars. I asked 3 4 £2 for my toiletries. Struggled to sell a lot. People were a bit miserable! Looking to do another, looking for a better sight were hopefully the customers will be more inclined to put their hands in their pockets
  • bigjoe
    bigjoe Posts: 283 Forumite
    Options
    Overton Farm is great come the summer months, but for size and popularity you can't beat Blochairn (fruit market) in Glasgow on a Sunday.

http://www.boot-fairs.co.uk has details of regular boot sales and one-offs and sometimes the one-offs are best for getting rid of toys, games, family stuff. Toiletries are one of those things that don't sell well from a stall at a boot fair in my experience.
  • loobyloobylou
    Options
    CAR BOOT SALES in GLASGOW

Check out this car boot sale at Polmadie in the south side of Glasgow (near Hampden football stadium). Open Wed, Sat and Sun, pitches from £10-20. All undercover. Haven't been myself but hope to clear out some junk this week.

Sorry, this site won't let me attach a web link so search internet for POLMADIE CAR BOOT SALE

Also a huuuge car boot sale at BLOCHAIRN in the north of the city, north of Dennistoun at the Blochairn fruit market, off junction 14 of the M8, near the gas works - if you can find it and get there early enough in the morning. There's some info on theis one on the Dennistoun.co.uk website
  • Always_Harassed
    Always_Harassed Posts: 1,087 Forumite
    Options
    Blochairn is definitely busier than Crossford but prices tend to be cheaper due to the competition. There are a few people that sell toiletries in Blochairn and seem to do OK. Used to be a lot of people selling Boots stuff before the factory in Airdrie went, often soap from Soapworks and Avon reps also.
  • goldspanners
    goldspanners Posts: 5,910 Forumite
    Options
    often soap from Soapworks

the smell inside there is great!
    ...work permit granted!
  • paisley_2
    paisley_2 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    there's a car boot sale in wallneuk north church car park paisley tomorrow saturday 11th june from 8.30am - 1pm, for paisley car boot sales keep a eye on paisley org uk website events guide the car boot is held in the car park at rear and the gate opens at 8.30 to allow cars and punters in at the same time which i thing is great
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure