When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I feel such a failure. Don't iron sheets, towels, tea towels, socks, etc. Still, better than my lovely neighbour who refuses to iron anything if she can get away with it,

Your neighbour is a very wise lady!
    I think my ironing sheets stems from having a grandmother who did so and working cleaning holiday cottages. The sheets have to be ironed for the cottages!

Quite right - and when people start paying me to sleep on my sheets I to will iron them. :rotfl:
    I must be your lovely neighbour as I don't iron anything:rotfl:

Very occasionally I might need to iron a work top but I tend to buy ones that don't need ironing.
    DH used to iron his own work shirts if they needed it but most didn't as they were hung to dry or hung as soon as dry on the line.

DD has school shirts but I paid £13 each for oxford style that don't need ironing:T

I am a sloven and I don't care:rotfl:

Yep - what EE says!
    Towels are nicer and fluffier unironed anyway
    Sheets & etc will rumple the first time they're slept on them
    Socks? Sock for goodness sake? How wrinkled exactly does an unironed sock look once it's on your foot? (Clue - if it does, you need a smaller size!)
    Tea towels - words fail me...
    :rotfl::rotfl:

Having said that Hidden - I can think of a genuinely good use for your iron...it involves burying it up your OH's backside in lieu of the rocket that he really needs up there. Make sure it's set to "cottons" and activate the steam function on the way in... ;)
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I really couldn't help laughing at this.
    My brother was home from Canada recently and I offered to iron his shirt, He gave me a horrified look and said they didn't even own an iron.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl:

To be fair I do sometimes question myself, especially the kids bedding its washed and ironed most days, making myself jobs I tell ya ;)

Quite a productive day, spoke to council tax, they have halved the arrangement although that means I have £102 to pay by Saturday to catch up :eek: but then it will be £25 a week plus the usual payment of £107 every month. I said I'd still try to pay more obviously to clear this financial year but at least it relieves the pressure a bit.

Still no idea what's happening with cooker.

Really wish Mr Virgin would reduce the package so it actually saves more than 50p a month :rotfl:

OH hasn't been in touch oh well he will when he's hungry :rotfl:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Just something I wanted to ask as a matter of interest. We don't have water rates here - it's included in the council tax. Do you have to pay it in advance - I noticed you're paying next year's as this year's is already paid.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Just something I wanted to ask as a matter of interest. We don't have water rates here - it's included in the council tax. Do you have to pay it in advance - I noticed you're paying next year's as this year's is already paid.

No you don't need too.

What happened was we had a huge debt and they took an attachment of earnings from OH wage. When it stopped and I contacted them they'd actually taken the whole amount we owed including this years rates so we haven't paid it so far I think the £20.80 something they have sent the bill for is paying next years rates from now because I's sure its £450ish a year here. Not metered
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I was just wondering because if it is for next year would you be better putting the £21.00 (approx) towards your council tax arrears?
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    Good news on the change to the council tax arrangement, £25 a week rather than £60 will definitely help with your budget and other debt repayments.
  • GeorgianaCavendish
    Options
    I'm another one of the no ironing brigade, I don't have any clothes that NEED ironing apart from a couple of pairs of pyjamas and I can't be bothered to do it when they will be creased after one night. Also, I'm pretty rubbish at ironing so things tend to look worse after I've finished with them :o

My husband has perfected the art of hanging his work shirts on the dryer in such a way that they dry without creases and he doesn't need to iron them either :)
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Do you want to hear something really sad? I have another neighbour who washes and irons her dish cloths. Not her tea towels but the ones she washes her dishes with. Seriously I am not making this up!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you want to hear something really sad? I have another neighbour who washes and irons her dish cloths. Not her tea towels but the ones she washes her dishes with. Seriously I am not making this up!

:eek::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport