Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• alim1234
    Options
    They're just as bad at the rest. I switched dual fuel. They only switched electricity and I'm hanging on the phone waiting to sort it out. I'm currently caller number 24. Echoes of the Big Six in customer relations uselessness. They don't respond to their online support form. Posted two days and have heard nothing. AVOID!! I'm now caller number 23.
  • Maxwell007
    Options
    alim1234 wrote: »
    AVOID!! I'm now caller number 23.

Are you still on hold Alim . . . . . OMG
    no exit fees so just swith away haha
  • richardc1983
    richardc1983 Posts: 2,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 February 2017 at 2:30PM
    Options
    Worth a try I think & my switch is due to be completed on the 20th.

There's no penalty fees if they are rubbish so I will just leave. Its a shame they don't support smart meters though as I have them currently with BG so not sure if the display I have will just switch off or show KW usage just not cost. I read that once the DCC was setup then all meters would continue to be smart and the in home display would work?
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • Gambler
    Gambler Posts: 3,213 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in a similar position to other people on this thread. Switch was going smoothly with my date set at 8th Feb. Was asked to provide meter readings but only gas is showing in the meter point section so I could only input the gas reading.

Eon is still showing electricity as active.

So I'm currently paying 2 direct debits of over £100 each.

Tried their online help a few days ago but no response so it looks like I'll have to join the call queue.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    Gambler wrote: »
    Sounds like I'm in a similar position to other people on this thread. Switch was going smoothly with my date set at 8th Feb. Was asked to provide meter readings but only gas is showing in the meter point section so I could only input the gas reading.

Eon is still showing electricity as active.

So I'm currently paying 2 direct debits of over £100 each.

Tried their online help a few days ago but no response so it looks like I'll have to join the call queue.

Cancel the direct debit with whoever is still showing as your supplier! That will get them to get their act together!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 February 2017 at 2:33PM
    Options
    Worth a try I think & my switch is due to be completed on the 20th.

There's no penalty fees if they are rubbish so I will just leave. Its a shame they don't support smart meters though as I have them currently with BG so not sure if the display I have will just switch off or show KW usage just not cost.

Your smart meter will lose its connection to the supplier. The link to the IHD will work but there will be no tariff information. You will have to read the meter once a month to get an accurate bill.

There is a consultation out to determine the best solution to graft the foundation stage meters on to the Data Communications Company will delivery dates by 2020. SMETS 2 meters will not start rolling out until later this year.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    Your smart meter will lose its connection to the supplier. The link to the IHD will work but there will be no tariff information. You will have to read the meter once a month to get an accurate bill.

There is a consultation out to determine the best solution to graft the foundation stage meters on to the Data Communications Company will delivery dates by 2020. SMETS 2 meters will not start rolling out until later this year.

Thank you. Can I set a manual tariff rate so I can still use it as an energy monitor? Seems silly that all these devices out there when they become dumb do not revert to being able to use as a standard energy monitor.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thank you. Can I set a manual tariff rate so I can still use it as an energy monitor? Seems silly that all these devices out there when they become dumb do not revert to being able to use as a standard energy monitor.

It was done that way by Govt to allow suppliers to build up their own backroom smart metering and billing systems. Was it sensible to do it this way: in my view, the answer is no it wasn't. It is only now that Govt is beginning to realise that there could be up to 10M foundation stage smart meters deployed by the end of the year: hence, the rush to determine how best ( or how cheaply) these meters can be orphaned on to the DCC system.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    It was done that way by Govt to allow suppliers to build up their own backroom smart metering and billing systems. Was it sensible to do it this way: in my view, the answer is no it wasn't. It is only now that Govt is beginning to realise that there could be up to 10M foundation stage smart meters deployed by the end of the year: hence, the rush to determine how best ( or how cheaply) these meters can be orphaned on to the DCC system.

Sounds a mess. My smart meters were only installed in 2016 so hope they are the latest ones?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can I set a manual tariff rate so I can still use it as an energy monitor?
    No unfortunately not.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport