Looking for the silver lining

Options

Comments

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,403 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Was on the verge of booking Ibiza for my birthday (August) when Mr SA had a terrible pain in his head and went dizzy. He was in bed all afternoon. This is why I daren't book things too far in advance. He keeps pestering me to book as is good price but he's scared me. I caught him holding his head when he thought I wasn't looking. He claims he gets a lot of headaches and it's nothing new. Thinking about it I've noticed recently that he's been taking painkillers which he didn't before.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Hope he's ok. Maybe speak to his Consultant to put your mind at rest?

Would you not be given a refund on medical grounds if you did book it for August and then couldn't go? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    Yes Lucky I always get insurance as soon as I book a holiday and declare the lymphoma even though he hasn't got it at the moment.

We really wanted to go early July but the hotel was fully booked. It's right next to the Sunset Strip which would be fab. We've been there a few times just for the evening and it's amazing - the sunsets are out of this world. To have a Mojito in Cafe Mambo was on my bucket list, daft though it sounds. I did that 3 years ago and now I just want to keep going back. To go there for my birthday would be brilliant. If you haven't guessed Lanzarote and Ibiza are my favourite places on earth :)

He seems ok tonight. This is what it's like, he's up and down, one minute he's fine the next he's not, that's how it is with him. He's pestering me about Ibiza at the moment.

Always at the back of my mind it was Good Friday 4 years ago that he came home from work having seizures, although Easter was earlier that year.

Anyway hopefully all will be ok.

Plans for tomorrow - to brave the scales at WW - eek!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Evening SA,

I agree about the Ibiza sunsets, like nothing else I've seen. Last time I went was for a hen do 3 years ago, I can't persuade my DH to go he reckons its not his thing :cool:

Poor Mr SA, I hope he's ok and its just a headache nothing to worry about. Given his history though you're always going to worry aren't you.

xx
    Mummytogirls x

• brizzledfw
    brizzledfw Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thinking of you SA, hope it passes.

Xx
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal :D
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%] :T
    Declutter 60 items before 31.03.18 9/60 ** LSDs Target 10 for March 03/10 **AFDs 10/15 ** Sales/TCB Target 2018 £25/£500 NSDs Target 10 for March 02/10 Trying to be a Frugalista:rotfl::T
  • Sun_Addict
    Options
    He seems ok this morning, he's just taken the dog to the park on his scooter. I should be used to it by now.

Mr M delivery this morning, got a great bargain in the flash sale online, extra large beef joint for £6. Just cut it up into 3 joints, 4 thick steaks and 2 portions of stew beef. No waste on it at all. Will keep Mr SA going for a while. When you shop online with Mr M, if you amend your order the night before delivery you get flash sale items offered as you check out, usually half price. I got the joint, blueberries and milk all half price.

Off to face the music at WW in a bit.
  • please-let-me-be-lucky
    Options
    Good luck at WW. Great bargains with the shopping! Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • JWPopps
    JWPopps Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    I hope you manage to get something sorted re Ibiza!!
    Mortgage: £83,000
    Credit Card Debt: £1,700
    Loan Debt: £3,000

• Sun_Addict
    Options
    Hello folks.

Mr SA been fine all day thankfully.

Don't ask about WW - gained 2.5lbs :( Slightly better than I thought to be honest.

Decluttered wardrobe this afternoon. Total nightmare but done now.

And best event of the day - DD has been getting ready all afternoon, bath, doing her hair, etc. She has just got into a car with a bloke (not a taxi). Nice car, wonder if he's got his own place ......
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,464 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Hello folks.

Mr SA been fine all day thankfully.

Don't ask about WW - gained 2.5lbs :( Slightly better than I thought to be honest.

Decluttered wardrobe this afternoon. Total nightmare but done now.

And best event of the day - DD has been getting ready all afternoon, bath, doing her hair, etc. She has just got into a car with a bloke (not a taxi). Nice car, wonder if he's got his own place ......

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure