GB Energy Supply reviews: Give your feedback

Options

Comments

• muddlemand
    muddlemand Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A glitch with GB Energy: I had a start date of 25th September, but on Monday I found out from my bank statement that my direct debit payment had still gone out to my previous supplier, even though the new d/d to GB Energy had also gone out.

GB Energy's customer service was great: immediately recognised the problem as a "head office mistake" which many customers have experienced, and gave me a new start date three days away (= tomorrow). She, personally, is going to phone me whether or not it works as expected, but gave me the option of a phone call only if it hadn't with "no news is good news" if she didn't call.

And as soon as I muttered something about being on my old supplier's variable (= much more expensive) tariff in the interim, she immediately said that as soon as I get my final bill from the old supplier and show it to GB Energy, they'll refund whatever I'd paid to the old supplier between the start date I was told, 25th Sept, and the start date that actually happens, ie tomorrow if nothing goes wrong.

For me, decent customer service rights all wrongs. Everyone makes mistakes and I believe GB Energy are a new company? Sooner or later errors are going to happen, but this one is costing them because of refunding, and I didn't have to argue or battle at all to be treated fairly. If you're in business you need to budget for putting mistakes right... or at least take them on the chin, and it seems that they are doing so.

Obviously I won't be completely trusting until I see it work perfectly tomorrow and thereafter see all the billing and supply etc continue to work as it ought. :)
  • randm
    randm Posts: 491 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    have moved from gb energy , in the process they decided to close my account so i couldn't access it but kept sending me emails to send in my latest meter readings, which i ended up having to do by phone. also meant i couldn't see my energy usage for the year or any of my bills. i phoned and they said they would send a pdf of my final bill. which they did. i was in credit £127 and they said this would be sent across with that final bill. couple of weeks later still no refund, sent them a message via the website, no reply after 10 days so rang them today. after going through whether i had any dirty bills or negative energy( what they are i have no idea), he finally agreed that i was owed £127 and that it would be sent to my bank account.
    within 15 days.
    they are very nice people to talk to but you would think that after all this time they are no longer a new company and should not be making silly mistakes.
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks to all the posts on here. Been considering moving to them for a while now, deciding not to bother. Prefer to pay a little extra to remain stress/hassle free where I am :)
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am stress hassle free with GB Energy .
    If you read the forum you will find someone complaining about every company .Certainly a few bad reviews never put me off as those that want to moan will find every thread on the internet where those that are happy do not bother posting .
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I 100% agree with you there.
    But I`m happy where I`m at and don`t feel that the negligible amount I`d save justifies changing.
    Each to their own though :whistle:
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • GBES
    GBES Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have faced on behalf of arranging a cheaper tariff for you mother. Please give our contact centre a call 0800 6444 451 at GB Energy and ask to speak to a Team Manager who can assist and answer any questions in regard to the transfer.

We look forward to hearing from you

GB Energy Supply Ltd.
  • Lodesman
    Lodesman Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 9:12AM
    Options
    We changed from EDF to GB Energy in Feb 16 for both gas and electricity, taking a leap of faith and deciding to try one of the smallest suppliers with the cheapest tariffs.

The changeover was seamless and, yes, they do take the first months Direct Debit in advance. I knew this and, as I'm going to spend a year with them, I did not worry about this.

Their web page works well, is not too flashy, but gives the essential information you need. They ask you to supply readings each month and bill monthly by e-mail. There is no compulsion to supply readings and, if you don't supply the readings, then the bill is estimated.

I did call them on the phone while changing over and the phone was answered quickly and my query resolved.

The important matter of tariffs is that EDF wanted £190/month for this year and GB Energy estimated my usage at £140/month. Now 8 months later in October 2016, I have a credit balance of about £250 all ready as a buffer for higher usage over the winter. The savings over EDF are substantial and I have no complaints at all. My bills appear by e-mail every month and are easy to read. The web site also carries all my previous bills so comparison one month to the last is easy.

I was originally on their variable tariff but moved to their 12 month fixed tariff when it was introduced. We'll see how things turn out at the end of a year with GB Energy but it does look reasonable on the financial front. So far I am a satisfied customer.
  • Whiston3
    Options
    Can I start by saying the minimum I expect from an energy company is that they supply my energy. They transferred my gas supply but not my electric. This I found out by accident as my old supplier sent an email making me aware that they still supplied my electricity at their standard tariff.

Here I am, over a month later, still with my old supplier for electricity. Three phone calls to GB energy and no further forward. Not once during this have they been in touch by phone, email or text,not in any way. I am the one spending time and energy trying to find out what is going on.

I was told I could complain via their website and spent over half an hour filling out my complaint in detail and then hitting submit.
    What I had written then disappeared leaving me with no record of my complaint and giving no confirmation they had received said complaint. Do not use their website to communicate with them as it doesn't work. They say they have no record of my complaint.

Cheap rates sound great but not if you spend all your time trying to sort out GB Energy's appalling switch experience.

Think I would be quicker getting a bike with a dynamo to supply my own electricity!
  • Whiston3
    Options
    Although I agree that happy customers tend not to post their good experiences. Your implication that people that have terrible experiences are just moaners suggests you have never been on the receiving end of big companies failing their customers in mind blowing ways
  • bigbill
    bigbill Posts: 928 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got an email today to say my prices on premium energy saver are increasing from 13th Nov.

Annoyed at standing charge increase as it's more than doubled with usage going up by 25%+ so good by to GB energy from me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure