NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you Mothernerd, I am having a tough time at the moment but I'm trying where I can. Today has been a little better on the exercise front although not a NSD, will be back later to update properly.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Sazzle13
    Sazzle13 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    1/18 NSD - my daughter is ill and I've run out of medicine over the day, quick trip so whilst I needed it I did treat her to a kinder egg and she looked pitiful! Spends £4.85 / £100

I took my lunch to work and avoided Greggs.

Petrol £20.01 / £100

Also my entertainment budget might get shot, I've very kindly been offered free tickets to a concert, no doubt it'll cost a fortune there, hopefully not too much!

Just tracking for me is a bonus but i might sign up to some surveys later in the month! Used to earn lots doing them, or well a decent amount!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 4 October 2017 at 9:23AM
    Options
    Organise/ Cook from Scratch/ Use things up - This afternoon I discovered DS3 needs to take cake(s) to Cubs tonight - so after school we whipped up a quick batch of cupcakes (quicker to cook than a big cake) - choc & coconut (with golden syrup in) topped with choc buttercream, a small sprinkle of coconut and then some animal/ woodlife cake toppers we had left over. I call that a win :) (hubby suggested buying one but I was determined to use stuff up) Have also (when reorganising pantry) condensed 3 jars of marm1te into 2, 2 packs of coconut into 1 and 4 part tubs of cake cases into 2 tubs :)

Budgets
    * Food - 28.44/ 325 (stretch 290)
    * Fuel 0/60
    * Clothes 0/75
    * Gifts 5.50/150
    * Toiletries 0/10
    * Social 0/200 (stretch 150)

NSD - 1/12

Improvise - made up the recipe for the cupcakes as I went along (did basic sponge recipe and added cocoa and coconut to taste)

Exercise
    * Week 1 - 1/4 Nothing today - although fitbit shows 65 active minutes where I've been running around doing housework (inc cleaning windows etc)

Jan Goals - "By the end of the year I want to have halved the (non mtge) debt we have and have lost 20lbs - and also get fitter along the way" Have halved non mtge debt which we had at start of year - although new fridge freezer and shower have gone on 0% CC last month. Weight and fitness have definitely been abandoned - so I re-weigh myself tomorrow....

Extra income - fleabay sale netting £2.69 after all costs (every little helps.... ;))

Christmas -

Get Ready Checklist
    1 - Health - vitamins taken today so 2/31
    4 - Maintenance - need to contact plasterer & electrician by 10/10. (Have mentioned it to electrician's wife - mum at school - but need to do it properly) OH has messaged plumber we used for bathrooms before - fingers crossed he still has the same email.....

Gratitudes:
    * having ingredients in to bake cakes at short notice!
    * finding a tub of lollies etc I bought ys very cheap back in Jan and hid (in date until 02/18) - can use for Hallowe'en callers :)
    * our flights for our holiday later this month NOT being with Monarch (unlike our friends who are going on holiday this week...)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Can I join in too please. I managed to end September on 14/18 nsds so going to aim for 15 this month. I went over my food budget so going to set this again at £300. Christmas- well I don't like to buy 'things' I like to buy experiences. That takes a lot of thought tho.

I started my winter prep last month. Bought the children coats, hats, scarves n gloves. I still need to do the house and garden so that will b high on my to do list. I also desperately need to declutter!
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh also I started the month well by getting my first nsd. So 1/15 achieved. I'm going to spend tonight sorting a plan to get my house in order. I must must must get on eBay.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check in 2.

Good day today. Feeling a lot more positive.

Food - meal planning done. Shouldn’t need much this week. DH away a bit next week so I’m going to use up stuff imaginatively.

Exercise - PT this morning. And got off the bus early so walked a bit.

1st NSD today. Yay:j

Took lunch to work.

I took a good look at myself last night and did some gratitudes. September wasn’t a total bust actually - I started my new job. 3 months of guaranteed work. And pay:T

Gratitudes:

- A full roast dinner last night. Yum. Lots of leftovers too.
    - A flexible working schedule. I worked enough extra last week to be able to take Wednesday off:j
    - A surprisingly good 2 day tax conference that has given me some great time management tips and networking contacts.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Check in 2/31:)
    Nothing spent today :T Updated signature.
    Improvisation - used flaked almonds instead of peanuts and a different stir fry sauce to the one stated in the recipe I did for dinner. Nobody was any the wiser - also used up some trout fillets from the freezer :D

Exercise - running around after my 3 year old grand daughter all morning - plus walking to the park with her to play on the swings. Dog walk this afternoon.

Extra money - just pennies away from cash out on Onepoll :)
    Sold some items on ebay :)
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 October 2017 at 7:03PM
    Options
    2/31

Today has not been a NSD as i did not have the energy/time to make pastry after work so got some on the way home, also got some more butter as all my baking yesterday might have reduced it somewhat! Tom also picked up some corned beef for his packed lunches as he forget to get his sandwich supplies when we went shopping!

Remembered to take lunch with me to work today. Leek and potato soup with a seeded roll from the freezer and some chopped up fruit.

Using leftovers for dinner - chicken and leek pie with cabbage I had shredded yesterday that was waiting to be cooked. Prepping veg in advance really does help after work as it does not feel such a chore having to do these things! I like the result of being organised I just need to work at it.

Diet has not gone well today... partly to do with the extra helpings of flapjacks I had (glad I froze some!) and pudding (lemon and poppyseed cake) before dinner. I have no control when I'm hungry - think it may have something to do with lacking sufficient protein in my diet. I will try and make an effort to eat more protein whilst at work to try and keep me fuller for longer. I'm trying to avoid eating the additional crap in the house and only try to eat sweet goodies I have made as I know what has gone into them!

I will aim for the rest of the working week to be spend free - my biggest problem last month was that I didn't rack up NSD for about a week and felt constantly behind with myself. Must try and do better this month and really get some.

Work was not too bad today either - managed to Leave about 20 minutes early today. Need to get here earlier tomorrow though to try and get through all mountain of work for tomorrow that I know will be at my desk!
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    I know I just did yesterday's check-in earlier today, but I'm now on NSD 2 (of hopefully 17 for the month, and 5 in a row!)
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
  • Jellybean88
    Options
    Day two check in!!

Hey, i hope everyone is keeping well?

NSD for me. Yay!

My bf did pay for lunch yesterday (yes)!! Oh and I got 4 lush bath bombs from my bfs friend and his partner today as a thank you present, as they stayed at mine.

I'm currently babysitting for a friend, she pays me so that's a lil extra for the kitty, well it's going straight towards the debt. I do this twice a week :).

My exercise for today is work lol. I work in a cattery so it's very physical, I've only been in the job for about a month, it's very tiring. I go to the gym twice a week and didn't think I was this unfit ����. The positive is I'm practically outside most of the day ❤️❤️

I took lunch into work, really need to start meal prepping again as I follow a plan at the gym, but I've been eating a lot of junk recently. Ops.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure