PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The pilot light uses a surprising amount of gas and would be burning for no purpose.
    Wow, yours still has a pilot light? It must be pretty ancient; my boiler was fitted 35 years ago and I thought they had already phased pilot lights out by then.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Biggles wrote: »
    Wow, yours still has a pilot light? It must be pretty ancient; my boiler was fitted 35 years ago and I thought they had already phased pilot lights out by then.
    Mine has one too...16 years old and counting!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Not sure about pilot light but mine is only 3 years old. It clicks on ever half hour or so for a few seconds to pre heat water I think, depending on temp. I've never shut it down before. Combi boiler.
  • heatherw_01
    heatherw_01 Posts: 6,554 Ambassador
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Still off here although I have boosted it for an hour every few days or so this last week
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,372 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mine went on for a while a few weeks ago and was switched off almost the next day!:p

It's still off, but it was more chilly last night.
  • pennystretcher
    Options
    Still off, but had it on when I had a friend staying over the other weekend and also I've had it on for an hour couple of mornings to warm up the house. Got an electric blanket though to keep me warm when sitting down :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No still off at the moment but down here in the south we are having an indian summer at the moment and have sunshine almost daily ,albeit the temps rise to around 16c so its still quite mild at the moment I had my system power flushed last year and it cost me £600.00. but my insurance cover insisted it was done by a registered corgi plumber and it was certificated .As its the first time in 22 years its been done it was well worth it and my heating does run far more efficiently now
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    No still off at the moment but down here in the south we are having an indian summer at the moment and have sunshine almost daily
    Its been lovely but I have noticed that it has cooled off quite a bit in the evenings, and is feeling distinctly autumnal now. Good walking weather though, nice and breezy!
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Outside Air Temperature this morning was 7C. Thermostatic time switch turned on heating. Thus no condensate will I rocked in the shower this morning.
    Elect 3,300 kWh, Gas 12,100 to 13,000 kWh per year. Fixed to December 18 at £75 a month.

Don't worry about the running as I know this is what it will be, unless winter is exceptionally cold!

Thermostatic time switch ensures I have no cold or condensate areas in BoP palace!
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,605 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Still off.

Living room or bedrooms haven't dropped below 17c and are often 19 or 20.

We have no timers or temperature controls; it gets put on for 20-60 minutes when very cold, 15.5 is the minimum we would consider putting it on.

We do layers of clothes and blankets on knees as a normal routine.

I did get the winter duvet out the other night, because although I wasn't cold, I wasn't comfortable either.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback