Equifax! is worth to Complain

Options
Hello members,

I have a huge problem with Equifax. I hope someone could give me an advice.

I have excellent credit score with Experian and CallCredit but I turned down for a loan and the lender advised me to contact Equifax.

I used to be a member so I just updated my card details and the nightmare started. The ware failing to update my details my recent addresses and I was not on the electoral roll however the Council supplied my details to them the same time as to other agencies.

After two months they managed to correct my credit score so I become good. Then after three days Shop direct increased my credit limit and my score went down to Poor.

I phone them up to find out the reason because it usually a positive effect and I had a completely annoying conversation with a completely useless lady from probably other side of the world.

What ever I was asking She keep repeated the same statement what I assume she was reading to me on the phone as a general transfer to this kind of questions like this. "What caused my score to droop 120 points within three days?"

She said she cannot provide me employee number she cannot provide me call identification number and She refused to tell me the complaining procedure.

Is there any way I can complain about Equifax. Is there a regulatory Body observing credit reference agencies? Do i have to be a paid member with all three main agencies to maintain an excellent score?

Comments

• Superscrooge
    Superscrooge Posts: 1,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can complain to Equifax if there are errors on your credit file. But you can't complain just because your score has dropped 120 points.

Don't worry about your score. Nobody sees it but you. Concentrate on ensuring that all the information on your credit file is accurate.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 October 2017 at 10:36AM
    Options
    As said, disregard the 'score'.

You are able to see what information Equifax hold on your report by using Clearscore completely free.

DO NOT pay to view your Credit Report.

DO check all entries in detail for accuracy.

You can also raise a dispute via Clearscore so have no reason to pay Equifax as they provide temporary log in details for the dispute FREE.

ETA - Equifax do not influence any lending decisions with their score - each lender has their own criteria, you just didn't meet this lenders criteria on this occasion. Another lender may view you completely differently.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family